Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Hacked (different from usual)

Hi everyone,

this seems to be a pretty standart way of getting hacked, they put an authenticator on your account and you can't log in while they plunder your account.
    I know how to contact blizz and where to contact them, but now the difficulty comes into play.

The account im posting about isn't mine, but my friends, he asked me to do his daily pvp& heroic while he was on holiday and now his account is hacked (mine is still fine for some reason)

I cannot personally contact him as of now, so I havn't been able to tell him the bad news.

I know that every minute wasted here can make a difference, especially since I havn't logged onto his account since last sunday morning, when everything was still fine.

The question im asking here is this: how much information do I need to give blizzard to convince them I am actually the owner of the account, since he cannot contact them (he is currently in africa, no stable mobile connection there so he cannot be in the queue for ~50 minutes, plus it would probably cost him a fortune to call from there)

Also, my usualy antivirus (panda antivirus) didn't pick up anything when I scanned my comp, twice, so does anyone know any free virus software I can use in order to make sure my computer really isn't affected?

Thanks in advance

Deleted

Re: Hacked (different from usual)

u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

To prove it is yours, i think you need to supply the key code that you used to update your game from expansion to expansion. Might be wrong, but i think that is how its done

AVG, and Malwarebytes IMHO are the best free scanners out there. Also run cleancenter just in case there's anything left behind afterwards.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5GHz) | Asus P8Z68 | 16GB G Skill Ripjaw 1600MHz | Asus GTX 680 4GB | 2x G Skill Phoenix III 120GB | Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler | Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | Raidmax 730ss | Sony Optiarc DVDRW | NZXT Sentry 2 | 9x Thermaltake 120mm | 1x Coolermaster 230mm

All they ask is the secret question...as long as u know that,and the name the account is under,you should be fine.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho
    Burst my intestines laughing.
    Get Avira, it's free and good.
    They're going to need a the CD key, and maybe some proof of ID. (Don't quote me on that)
    But Avira is your best option for a free antivirus.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by eatflesh
    They're going to need a the CD key, and maybe some proof of ID. (Don't quote me on that)
    ty

Mmm account sharing, besides being against the rules it also opens you up to getting "hacked" far more easily. Such a great plan, I love when it comes to fruition like this. Basically, unless you know his secret question (which you damn sure shouldn't) then there's not much you can do. And no every minute doesn't count. Once the craps gone, it's gone. And guess what? It's already gone. He'll have to put in a ticket to get it back either way.

Hope that the different IPs thing doesn't set off any flags while blizzard investigates (it shouldn't it normal circumstances) and make sure he doesn't say anything about other people using the account when he tries to get it back.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode
    Hi everyone,

this seems to be a pretty standart way of getting hacked, they put an authenticator on your account and you can't log in while they plunder your account.
    I know how to contact blizz and where to contact them, but now the difficulty comes into play.

The account im posting about isn't mine, but my friends, he asked me to do his daily pvp& heroic while he was on holiday and now his account is hacked (mine is still fine for some reason)

I cannot personally contact him as of now, so I havn't been able to tell him the bad news.

I know that every minute wasted here can make a difference, especially since I havn't logged onto his account since last sunday morning, when everything was still fine.

The question im asking here is this: how much information do I need to give blizzard to convince them I am actually the owner of the account, since he cannot contact them (he is currently in africa, no stable mobile connection there so he cannot be in the queue for ~50 minutes, plus it would probably cost him a fortune to call from there)

Also, my usualy antivirus (panda antivirus) didn't pick up anything when I scanned my comp, twice, so does anyone know any free virus software I can use in order to make sure my computer really isn't affected?

Thanks in advance
    You said I could trust you!

10+ Year Old Account

Ingame tickets about your friends acc is working good from what i have seen.

Deleted

Thanks for all the replies so far, and also thanks for the antivirus links.

I know that account sharing is illegal, however I have done it for nearly all of TBC and never had any problems, never been hacked either.

I am not sure if the problem is related to my computer however, seein as I scanned things twice already and noone of my other passwords (including the one of my own account, which I have used myself aswell) seems to be compromised.

I'll ask him for this information and hopefully it will be enough, ill report back soon (hopefully)

Ur pal was most likely keylogged before leaving and if so your acc will be fine unless he knew ur acc details as well (never share, this is just one of the reasons =)). Just report ur friend hacked with character name and server name if you report from another server.

Chances are it may not be your fault. Usually when your account is comprimised, the "hacker" has had your information for a while. They usually collect this information from lots and lots of accounts then dig through it at a later date. Meaning your friends computer could have been keylogged weeks ago and they just now got around to stealing it.

Regardless, if it was YOUR computer that did it. You should change your own password, etc. as soon as possible otherwise your account could be next.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

What the OP was trying to say is.

"I bought an account from a World Of Warcraft website that sells gold and accounts. Now it was either hacked by a hacker or the original owner stole it back. I came on here to make up a story lying about it is a friends account.. How do I get my account back that I spent lots of money on?"

Just kidding, or am i?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100

"I bought an account from a World Of Warcraft website that sells gold and accounts. Now it was either hacked by a hacker or the original owner stole it back. I came on here to make up a story lying about it is a friends account.. How do I get my account back that I spent lots of money on?"

Just kidding, or am i?

your just kidding bro

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode
    I know that every minute wasted here can make a difference,
    They will have emptied everything within minutes of hacking the account. Whether you get it sorted now or 4-5 days time the damage will still be the same.

Obvioulsy the sooner you report it the sooner it will be fixed but you can be sure you will be stood naked at the AH / mail box within 60 seconds of having been hacked.
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

15+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure it can be months and months and they'll still restore it, so just wait for your friend to get back and let him handle it. If your account is fine, then it's on his ass, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by eatflesh
    I had Avira and I got hacked :P I wouldn't exactly call it "good" ^^

But all I needed to get it fixed was the answers to my secret questions and a cd key from either my original wow BC or WOTLK. they accepted my wotlk since i couldnt find my original wow one. got my account locked so they couldnt get back on and they sent me emails to get my passwords changed.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100

Just kidding, or am i?
    Was thinking the same thing ;p

Your gonna basicly need his name address and secret question for them to think its him.