Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Friends & Family Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    Fake or not, you decide. Weapon at least looks real.
    http://www.coewow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2217
    None of it is new. Can't tell if troll..

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    Fake or not, you decide. Weapon at least looks real.
    "shady link"
    look at the date on that thing. and read the next few reply's

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Pure win sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    All hail Garfield, the un-official mascot of the Cataclysm Alpha/Beta testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slizergiy
    All hail Garfield, the un-official mascot of the Cataclysm Alpha/Beta testing.
    hallowed be his name.

Can i see this deathwing model please?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikalrush
    Can i see this deathwing model please?
    Go to wow.com, they have an article discussing the model

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Turasleon
    Can you even play wow on that?
    No. Only hercules and tetris.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazrella
    MMO wont ever with alpha I doubt they even did for WOTLK Alpha. Boub is smart enough to protect his site.

I have yet to find a site that will leak decent alpha data I do co-edit for a cataclysm fan site, but I will not post any alpha leaks in effort to protect my own ass from a lawsuit.
    Lawsuit? Not like you would be under NDA.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by ethzero
    Lawsuit? Not like you would be under NDA.

The thing with fansites are that you obey Blizzard rules from start to end. Every officiall fansite agrees to a Code of Conduct, and if that's broken by any means, you don't get to be in the fansite program.

I quote:

"2. Code of Conduct. As in all things, your membership in the World of Warcraft Fansite Program is governed by certain rules of conduct that must be adhered to by all members. It is your responsibility to know, understand and abide by the following rules of conduct:

§3. Fan sites should neither host nor direct others to hacks, cheats, exploits, or unreleased content. Such content is damaging to the game and the community; since we are attempting to build the community and encourage its growth, we ask that you do not host or link to such content on your site. This includes “leaked” information such as unconfirmed patch notes. Violation of this rule can result in removal from the program."

And the third chapter states:

"3. Equitable Relief. You hereby agree that Blizzard would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this Code of Conduct were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that Blizzard shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this Code of Conduct in addition to such other remedies as Blizzard may otherwise have available to it under applicable laws. In the event any litigation is brought by either party in connection with this Code of Conduct, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the costs, attorneys’ fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation."

So yes, posting anything on your officiall website, when you've accepted the Code of Conduct, can lead to court and lawsuits. That's why no one, even The Master of Leaks (Boub) won't leak anything to the public.

To sum it up: 1. You break the rules that Blizzard made to the officiall Blizzard fansites (in this case World of Warcraft) & 2. By breaking the rules, if repeated, could lead to either fansite program termination or a lawsuit.

No one _needs_ to know anything about Cataclysm. There is no universal _need_ to know something that you are not supposed to know - Yet.

When the first beta-phase arrives (for press and public selected people), the NDA will be lifted, I quote the beta preparation, press admittance e-mail:

"As a final note, we do not currently have a date to announce for the start of the beta test. Once it does start, there will be no NDA associated with the beta so you will be free to write and take screens or capture videos as you please."

That's when you'll get your information. IF you find information on another site, that's fine, they don't simply care. Or they're simply not a fansite. A fansite support Blizzard in every weather, that's why it's called a fansite, not a leaksite

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    I really hope you don't get a key. Seriously.
    Oh I will get the key, I swear on the founding pile of shit I walk on I SHALL GET THE KEY, and then put it on Ebay.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Oh I will get the key, I swear on the founding pile of shit I walk on I SHALL GET THE KEY, and then put it on Ebay.
    Because there will be keys this time around..

Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account

Holy mother of gooo look what i have found .... >< ! More cataclysm leek videoz and no more leeking soup with disapointment <3 xD

Click da fat melonz
    -K

You shouldn't link to a wow account page where it's going to ask you to log in. Not because you're not trustworthy, but so you don't teach people the bad habit of typing their info into a link from an outside page.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gazrella
    MMO wont ever with alpha I doubt they even did for WOTLK Alpha. Boub is smart enough to protect his site.

I have yet to find a site that will leak decent alpha data I do co-edit for a cataclysm fan site, but I will not post any alpha leaks in effort to protect my own ass from a lawsuit.
    If you didn't specifically agree to the NDA, they can't "sue" you. They can only (literally) force you to take it down with threats of legal ramifications. It's a safe guess that Boub is in the Alpha, hence he cannot do it. If you're not in the alpha, you didn't agree to anything and they can't adhere a contract to you that you never agreed upon. Images need to be taken off this site because again, Boub agreed to the NDA, and this site is owned by Boub.

Then again, judging by your avatar showing that you're a female, you seem to yearn for attention, so I'm going to guess you don't have any information everyone else hasn't already seen anyway.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    If you didn't specifically agree to the NDA, they can't "sue" you. They can only (literally) force you to take it down with threats of legal ramifications.
    Even if you don't agree to the NDA personally, posting images you know to be gained via someone else violating their NDA seems a shady thing to do. It's like you have a friend who robs a bank, then you use the money that you know is stolen for your own benefit. (Except, less dramatic legally. Still, I'm sure they can ban you if they can figure out your account -- it's their game and all that.)

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    Then again, judging by your avatar showing that you're a female, you seem to yearn for attention, so I'm going to guess you don't have any information everyone else hasn't already seen anyway.
    What?

Deleted

Not sure if it really means anything but http://www.wow-europe.com/beta-charcopy/ is now showing a Apache Tomcat 403 thing :P Thought it might mean its going to be up soon or something, but I thought I'd point it out

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Even if you don't agree to the NDA personally, posting images you know to be gained via someone else violating their NDA seems a shady thing to do. It's like you have a friend who robs a bank, then you use the money that you know is stolen for your own benefit. (Except, less dramatic legally. Still, I'm sure they can ban you if they can figure out your account -- it's their game and all that.)
    There is nothing illegal if you're not the source of the leak. Worst Blizzard can do is claim use of their copyright without consent and force you to take it down. If you add something to it to turn it into a joke, that would be parody and count as fair use and render Blizzard powerless to in a legal battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    What?
    Nothing wrong with being female, he's just stereotyping.

Deleted

Nothing wrong with being female, he's just stereotyping.
    Yeah and im a dude and love attention!