Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock PvP with PvE gear?

Hey guys, I'm geared in i245-264 for the most part. I am just getting into PvP. I have read that PvP is fairly forgiving for Locks in PvE gear. Is this accurate?

I guess my question is ~ Should I really be in PvP gear? I don't want to be a push over. Thanks in advance guys.

Re: Warlock PvP with PvE gear?

LOL. No. Actually, you're one of the most resilience-reliant classes in the game. While most classes can afford 3-4 pieces of PVE gear, warlocks really need to stack PVP gear. If you go into an arena in full t10 and 21,000 health, you're going to get your butthole ripped open in four seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    LOL. No. Actually, you're one of the most resilience-reliant classes in the game. While most classes can afford 3-4 pieces of PVE gear, warlocks really need to stack PVP gear. If you go into an arena in full t10 and 21,000 health, you're going to get your butthole ripped open in four seconds.
    Thank you for your response. I was thinking more along the lines of BG's, but regardless the answer remains the same. I need resilience!

15+ Year Old Account

no, if you were rly serious

I mean you can do whatever you want in BGs. Stand 34 years away and do this:

Just know you'll die if anyone actually touches you.

Deleted

if you got a personal pala/druid healer to watch over you all the time while you nuke the bad guys, you can do it.

but if its "normal" pvp like BGs, i would highly suggest you to get atleast 800 resi. thats achievable with 4p fourios, WG shoulders, PvP trinket and wrathfull neck, bracers and back. you can get that with only honor. rest (belt, boots, rings and 1 trinket) can be pve for more dmg. but 800 resi and 25k hp is good to aim for

Deleted

The original comic is retarded. The warlock casts conflagrate without inmolate... Because the Paladin cleaned it...

Quote Originally Posted by Missfit
    The original comic is retarded. The warlock casts conflagrate without inmolate... Because the Paladin cleaned it...
    Logistics. The original comic is still so funny.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/799...lskilljpeg.jpg

I was thinking the same thing with the pocket healer, but I don't have one I solo shit. This is a serious post for you gooshbag elitest's out there who can't grasp the concept of people being new to things.

Thank you for the serious replies.

While I'm here I may as well ask. How important is Spell Pen for PvP purposes?

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, don't do it.... The ONLY PvE gear I use is: Deathfrost boots, 277 Ashen Verdict ring & [sometimes] Shoulders of Mercy Killing (heroic). I don't arena, so all my gear is drops from VoA or bought with honor/emblems. With the PvE shoulders I'm slightly above 1k resilence, and with the WG haste shoulders add 71 res. Furthermore, I use the +stam/absorb emblem tanking trinket. Between sacrificing my VW, that trinket, a HS & portal I've had dozens of people make L1 toons and cuss me out!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix
    Yes, and aim for 130 Spell Penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix
    Very, if you're going to arena. For BGs not as much since people don't generally buff themselves after they die.

Here's how it breaks down at level 80:

For your shadow spells, priests can give 130 shadow resistance (and paladins, but lulz). This, with zero spell pen, equates to ~22% of your spells getting "resisted". Paws make shadow and fire resist up to 75, which equates to ~13% of your fire and shadow spells being resisted.

Honestly, if you are in PVP gear, even in BGs, it's a pretty good thing to have. 1 spell pen lowers their resistance by 1, so most warlocks would recommend the full 130 (though for BGs 75 is probably fine)

Great answers here. I want to genuinely thank you guys for the information <3

Lovely chart!

Quote Originally Posted by Visage
    Yes, and aim for 130 Spell Penetration.
    I'm at 132 so I just sneak by on that one

Stack resilience, you can afford a couple maybe 3 pieces of pve gear (trinket, neck and ring) but only if you're already well geared.
    I've noticed the difference between wearing resilience equip when i've passed over the 1000, at that point i've started to survive rogue during stun, retri pala, warr ecc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

There's two thought processes to BG PVP. Longevity and tab-dotting everything you see to death{Or blowing the hell outa stuff with demo/destro}. In the end- It's BGs. ALWAYS Run with at least 700 resilience, regardless of class or spec. Arenas you should be playing with 1200+ though.

120-140 spell pen should be your aim, Only 1 class needs anymore then that- Paladins with "Aura Mastery" have double shadow res for 6 seconds. 135 or 140 is Arcane Mage with Mage Armor talent.

Deleted

just spend a few mins making a profile on wowhead

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21346579

could be you, i didnt knew about your luck in icc, so the wep, wand, offhand, ring and trinket can be wrong

the profile gives you 1076 resilence and 24k hp UB

hope it helped

If strictly talking BGs, you can have fun in pure PVE gear. You will kill stuff and you will die a lot. If you still want to kill stuff and die less (and be more effective in the BG), get PvP gear and shoot for at least 1k resil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

just curious, how painful is the felguard when ur wearing icc gear?