Thread: GM How To

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GM How To

I was browsing around the blizzard site and couldn't find any information on how to become a Blizzard Game Master. Does anyone have any information or a web page on how to do this? The Blizzard Careers site doesn't seem to have anything about GMs and most of the job listings are for California so please give me any info if possible.

Re: GM How To

The first test to become a GM is to find out how to become one on worldofwarcraft.com.

so you fail!

10+ Year Old Account

F5 F5 F5
    this could get interesting :P

to master the game, you must become the game!

Can we find out why would you like to become GM ?
    Not trying to flame, just interested.

Deleted

The fact that you have to move to France (or, for US, where ever their HQ is), would probably stop you from wanting to become a Gamemaster, would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun
    The fact that you have to move to France (or, for US, where ever their HQ is), would probably stop you from wanting to become a Gamemaster, would be my guess.
    I believe they also have positions somewhere in Ireland. I could with Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun
    Moving to the US wouldn't be that bad tbh. I'd love to live there.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    I believe they also have positions somewhere in Ireland. I could with Ireland.
    So all Game Masters on EU servers are either Irish or French?

This is not satisfying 8)

We should do something about it...

Deleted

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/ hit "Search for jobs"

For game masters, you're probably looking at Search by Team -> "Customer Service - In-Game Services"

I don't see any "WE WANT YOU!" ads on Worldofwarcraft.com. I guess they really don't need any more game masters.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Think there is one office in paris and one in ireland or something. And the HQ in california. And to work as a GM you have to move there. Read about it briefly.

A Game Master would fall under "Customer Services" sub-category being "In-Game services".

EDIT: Crap Dinnerbone beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shirra
    I don't see any "WE WANT YOU!" ads on Worldofwarcraft.com. I guess they really don't need any more game masters.
    They'd more hire on their business site than their end user site

Go to the website.

Scroll down.

Click on the button which says "BLIZZARD IS HIRING!" It's blue, to the right of the "Need Help: SUPPORT" button, just below the community spotlight.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It will never flat out say "GM" game masters are inherently part of customer service, you would have to look up customer service section. But having to tell you this means your some ways behind actually know what you need to become one.

I am curious though I don't know about out of country employment, how it works. I mean do you need to be already established in France, Taiwan or Ireland in order to be considered for hire or would they accept being in the US and moving out if accepted for the job position and be "assisting" or patient on you in the assimilation of the move there type thing.

I mean I have "heard" of both scenarios happening I just do not know what the common practice is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall
    Can we find out why would you like to become GM ?
    Not trying to flame, just interested.
    I'm currently an unemployed college student who has been searching for work for near a year now. I am passionate about the game and wouldn't mind being a part of it, even if only a small part. And you need to go to www.blizzard.com and look at their Careers section near the bottom of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by jayremy
    It will never flat out say "GM" game masters are inherently part of customer service, you would have to look up customer service section. But having to tell you this means your some ways behind actually know what you need to become one.
    I didn't look up "Game Master", I looked in the Customer Service and in other sections. It seems that their Careers site is designed around finding the more "top-level" jobs for programmers and such.