If i leave my laptop plugged in all of the time

is it bad? basically i'm new to having a laptop but i use it mostly as a work desktop, i don't take it anywhere. i'm just insecure about leaving it plugged in overnight when i'm not using it, even if the charge is already at full. is this okay?

Re: If i leave my laptop plugged in all of the time

It causes your laptop to run warmer than normal.

And also is not good for the battery.

Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Lithium-Ion batteries used in modern laptops like getting used and recharged on regular basis. What they don't like is heat above room temperature* (if your laptop heats while it's plugged in idle it's bad) and they don't like being shelved for too long (more than 4-5 months). If you aren't using the battery and keep the laptop plugged into mains mostly, you still need to empty and recharge it every few months for optimal battery life.

* Room temperature of cold climate... Near equator the battery life will be seriously reduced no matter what.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

If you're using your laptop as a desktop most of the time, keep your battery at 50% charge and remove it from the laptop. Let the laptop run from AC power directly.
    The 50% charge rule is mainly to prevent your battery from getting overcharged or undercharged while stored.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    If you're using your laptop as a desktop most of the time, keep your battery at 50% charge and remove it from the laptop. Let the laptop run from AC power directly.
    The 50% charge rule is mainly to prevent your battery from getting overcharged or undercharged while stored.
    Never ever do that with Li-Ion batteries... The batteries will run out eventually, losing 10-20% month of the maximum charge if they are stored at 50%. It will be pretty close to ruined in half year, having less than half of the original capacity left. NiMH and NiCd batteries can be safely stored empty or near empty for long times.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

There is nothing wrong with having a laptop plugged in all the time. However, if you care about the battery, then you should take it out and pop it back in when you're switching outlets (without powering it off) or going mobile.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

If a notebook is less than a year old, most manufacturers will replace batteries if they fail to hold a charge as part of the warranty. After a year, the battery is no longer covered even if you have a 4 year warranty and you will need to buy one.