Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: /played (game to easy?)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamper
    geek...
    62 days on my Death Knight alone, 1488 hours in total. Or 89,280 minutes. Or 5,356,800 seconds on the one character. Some would say I am a geek, others would say dedicated. I say, go and categorize elsewhere fool.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Okay..so ask those people where they draw the line.

While you level a new toon from 1 - 80 do you want to make it mandatory that once you have hit 60 you MUST do BRD, Scholo, Strat, UBRS, MC, BWL and AQ 40 as well? Are they teaching you things and novelties you cannot learn later? And as you hit 70 you MUST do Maggy, Gruul, Kara, TK, SSC and BT? Because they teach you thingy you cannot learn elsewhere? So if you allow ppl to skip this...why do they HAVE to do Naxx 25 when most likely they will not find 24 others? What does Naxx teach them that it hasn't taught us all when we hit 80? Mostly: It was doably in SWP gear, undertuned and with 25 freshly dinged lv 70s we cleared it in the first week.
    It teaches them how to play in a raid enviroment.

62 days on my Death Knight alone, 1488 hours in total. Or 89,280 minutes. Or 5,356,800 seconds on the one character. Some would say I am a geek, others would say dedicated. I say, go and categorize elsewhere fool.
    AMG I CANT MAKES JOEK?
    I am honestly no better myself, I was honestly being ironic.

Why are all american girls so rough?

I only have 17 days /played. Im such a bad wow player /cry
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    fireball
    what can't be solved by shooting a fireball at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    I'll say Night Elves. They'll hide in their treehouse, put up a "No orks allwed" sign and pull up the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by spize16
    the topic wasn't just about raids its about the game in general, for example now that u have spent all that time learning how ur character works is it not easier to say "quest" or "farm" or "5 mans" everything will be easier once u spent the time to learn it, simple fact.
    That's true but /played doesn't tell you what someone has learned, that's the point. There are people who play WoW while they are in class. It doesn't mean they have learned to be a good student.

If people are spending their time to learn, what you say is true. But that's a huge IF and in many cases simply not true.

well said sir, well said

You may be right that wow is too easy. But it's a game! It's FUN! Who cares if you think it's easy, chances are you've done the same shit over and over, my guess is you've not even done heroic icc. Challenging content is new content, not many people see it because they're too busy complaining on forums.

Edit: Realised my point is irrelevant, but I'll leave it here for anyone who wants to argue with you... :

In all honesty, my play time on WoW is nowhere close to my play time on Runescape. Flame me if you will, I'm not ashamed.

Better question is, how the hell is wow hard? I ve never seen how wow could be considered hard even if you havent played it a lot.... only thing that could be considered hard is learing how the controls work.

Imagine an environment where you spawn into the face of an oncoming nuclear warhead. Your options are to either open your mouth or dodge directly into the Russian kid with the flak cannon 10 ft to your right. This is Unreal Tournament and it is hard. WoW is not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    That's true but /played doesn't tell you what someone has learned, that's the point. There are people who play WoW while they are in class. It doesn't mean they have learned to be a good student.

If people are spending their time to learn, what you say is true. But that's a huge IF and in many cases simply not true.
    true there are rare exceptions that pound there head against a wall and can never learn anything, but it MOST cases if u do something enough u get good at it, if u really want to bang ur head against a wall disagreeing with me go learn something for 1000 hours and see if u fail

Quote Originally Posted by Wheetos
    You may be right that wow is too easy. But it's a game! It's FUN! Who cares if you think it's easy, chances are you've done the same shit over and over, my guess is you've not even done heroic icc. Challenging content is new content, not many people see it because they're too busy complaining on forums.

Edit: Realised my point is irrelevant, but I'll leave it here for anyone who wants to argue with you... :
    lol so u read the title quickly posted that, then read it and realized what it was about. Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by spize16
    Average end game raider /played 60 days which is 1440 hours of sitting in front of wow (not including ur 5 alts /played)
    1440 hours practicum of say a plumber makes u a plumber and MAKES IT EASY.
    1440 hours of working on cars guess what makes u good at working on cars!!
    So average raider raids 3-4 hours a week and about 3 days a week, add in the 15-30m to get your daily random done and you've spent about 10 hours a week actually doing something in game.

600 hours actually doing something in game in those 60 days /played and an additional 840 hours afking in Dal, yeah WoW is hard.

In all seriousness you can't exactly compare WoW to an actual Profession. You may spend 1440 hours working on cars but how much of that time was actually spent becoming good at it?
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Swamper
    I know, but it doesnt change the fact that you didnt spend 60 days /played raiding. The biggest thing people QQ over is skipping content, which i agree shouldnt me missed. Going to endgame content(different difficulties doesnt count)W/o ever experiencing a different raid is like buying Guitar hero and going from easy to expert.
    I started guitar hero on hard...