Thread: Expertise?

Expertise?

I got criticized by another shaman for gemming expertise (who was in pretty decent gear). I read in the MMO Champ report that all enhance shamans want 26 expertise..The other shaman however told me that I would easily increase my current 8k dps in raids if i just replaced my expertise gems with agil/ap. Whats the deal? Is expertise not all that important after all?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...en&cn=Airstorm <- thats me btw
    Mmmmmm.

Re: Expertise?

It is, getting exp/hit capped is very important. Else you'd miss everything. There's nothing wrong with gemming for it if you are unable to meet the 26 exp with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by burninggundam16
    I got criticized by another shaman for gemming expertise (who was in pretty decent gear). I read in the MMO Champ report that all enhance shamans want 26 expertise..The other shaman however told me that I would easily increase my current 8k dps in raids if i just replaced my expertise gems with agil/ap. Whats the deal? Is expertise not all that important after all?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...en&cn=Airstorm <- thats me btw

Said shaman is an idiot.

First of all, you don't gem agi...period. It's either haste/ap and in the higher up gear there's a lot of hit.

Second, getting expertise from gemming is the best way available to get it, as the expertise pieces of gear are less dps than ones that do not. I'm not saying don't take an upgrade, I'm just saying that if you can get by and gem your expertise, you are doing it right.

/edit I'd also gem that ring you got last week.

I would, however move those expertise gems in your belt to your chest, and move the haste to the belt, since you don't have the socket bonus on the chest and you could gain one from the belt this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

I can't edit so, I'd also enchant the cloak/helm/boots/gloves, and swap the expertise gems in your belt for the ones in your chest so that you don't waste a socket bonus.

Your tier legs are better than the ones you are wearing if you can get them and wait around for the gloves on dreamwalker or something, as I don't know your raid content.

Those are things that will increase your dps
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii
    I can't edit so, I'd also enchant the cloak/helm/boots/gloves, and swap the expertise gems in your belt for the ones in your chest so that you don't waste a socket bonus.

Your tier legs are better than the ones you are wearing if you can get them and wait around for the gloves on dreamwalker or something, as I don't know your raid content.

Those are things that will increase your dps
    well said Vargarii, the legs from Dream walker are really good to have, lots of hit no ArP and 3 gem slots.. mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by bliston78
    well said Vargarii, the legs from Dream walker are really good to have, lots of hit no ArP and 3 gem slots.. mmmm
    I was talking about the gloves from 25, but I suppose those legs would be another. I simply used tier legs as an example because they are easy to get and part of bis lists.

Gemming expertise to be capped is not bad at all... Infact most top shamans find themselves having to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios
    Gemming expertise to be capped is not bad at all... Infact most top shamans find themselves having to do it.
    5 gems as orc. Done deal.

5 here as well, and I'm using JC gems. It's just necessary with the icc gear.