Need Resto Shaman help (PvP)

Hey everyone.

Im kinda new to the resto shaman but Im a fast learner and I dont think I have any problems at all playing em. I started to play it cuz I wanted to play a healer in PvP and ive always thought that Shamans are great. I play 2v2 in arena with my rl bro(We play Resto shaman/warrior) and since this is my first time im trying to go big in Arena, I think that we have done a great job, we are at 1300+ rating under one week. I consider myself a very experienced player since Ive played the game for a lot of years and we have made it to our rating fairly easy.

Anyway, At our current rating there is a few setups that is really hard to compete with. They are not only very well geared(like 5k more HP than us). Most of the setups uses a Resto Druid or Discipline Priest and myself it starts to feel like Resto Druids and Disc Priets are a lot of better than Resto Shamans. They got a lot more CCs, Druids are immune to Hex, Mana burn etc and as a Shaman I got hex(really long CD, and to short range), Wind shear and my totems,(I do also Purge a lot but it doesnt really feel like a winning ticket) but since they are breakable my totems doesnt really last that long. This really makes my job as a Shaman very hard, We do acctualy win the battle (after like 20min) but I would say that its more a luck thing since both of us are like at 10k hp loss all the time while they doesnt loose that much HP at all. (I know that my bro does a great job so I do not blame him at all)

I Would like to get help about how to play as a Resto shaman when u face a team where the other team got a Resto Druid or Disc Priest(Specially if there is a MM Hunter also) and Im also wondering about how much Gear really makes the difference in this game, Im kinda full Furious while ive noticed that our oppenets mostly got Relentless as minimum.
    I would really appreciate some Help, Thanks

Re: Need Resto Shaman help (PvP)

Anyone?

Purge IS one of your winning tickets, to begin with - but you gotta pretty much spam it... Especially against resto druids and disc priests. If you're attentive enough you can avoid quite a lot of CCs from those classes - wind shearing a druid who just got out of treeform and started cycloning you>dropping grounding totem to avoid his 2nd attempt(at those ratings people won't notice you doing it and probably will wonder what happened for a few sec)>wind shear again, or dropping the tremor totem when the priest is about to close in and fear you away helps a lot. Make sure to put some pressure with Flame shock+Lava burst, maybe some chain lightnings and lightning bolts if you don't have to heal/purge at the given moment. Especially when BL is up =P well, my 2 cents.

Purge asap, trying to purge of Fortitude, Motw, thorns takes much longer if trying to get through hots/shields too.

well to comment on druids and priests...

Priests
    - mana burn an issue - you have windshear / grounding / ghostwolf (for LoS)
    - fear - think its every 30secs but tremor totem...often they'll try kill it before hand or asap after fear try stay a bit away from it so if feared priest can't destroy it right after so it can't pulse.

Druids
    - cyclone - again ghostwolf LoS, windshear, grounding. If its happening to ur warrior u still need to do this otherwise he'll get no down time, also if grounding is down u should still try interrupt it (although thats only my opinion, leaving u grounding as a safety fall back and time for it to come back of CD)
    - roots - bit buggered, it can be grounding / interrupted tho but kinda hard

...ur warrior if very quick can reflect these but ye its hard...

Purging is a major feature of druid fights and somewhat priest.....u will need to spam it like mad on occasion!!
    interrupt is something no other healer really has...enjoy it
    I am not a Zombie!!! I'm a very Ankh'd off Shaman!

Doing all this things,(Purge,los,groudning) specially trying to LoS in ghostwolf I find very hard cuz my bro takes a lot of dmg at the same time so there isnt much time for any casting and it is usually at that time,when im standing still for like 2 sec and throwing a heal, they cyc or have broken my totem and then fear me and my brother almost dies

Anyway, it doesnt really feel like purging all those hots against a druid doesnt help that much, maybe its cuz im not capped? Is there any cap for dispelling?

Okay from my experience as a resto shaman in pvp.

Shaman Warrior, used to be one of the stronger combos, still works now but requires good synergy and communication.

First thing -> get 120 spell penetration, 35 to cloak, the rest should be taken through gems (SP+pene) purple ones or pure pene up to you.

Second -> Hit cap yourself, 4-5% i think it was

Third -> A shaman can be just as strong if played correctly, though i do feel we are the weaker class out of healers but we have spells which will allow for the difference.

Glyphs -> Earthshield + LHW + Stoneclaw is what i run, replace ES for HW if you feel its necessary (IE : you both always take damage, just one more than the other by topping up your partner you're effectively topping yourself up, must be specced into 3/3 healing way.

Mp5 -> Your biggest asset against druids/priest combos.

Hunter Priest / Hunter Druid -> Focus Druid, Interrupt Cyclones/Entangles, Grounding Cyclones / Entangles, If your partner gets entangled and theres a pet on you, stand next to the warrior and let him wail on pet until entangle is gone, if warrior is the middle of the open, run LoS and just ES + Riptide + LHW/HW him.

Focus Priest -> Interrupt Heals/mana burn. Purge off all beneficial buffs. Have a mana spring totem out behind a pillar and keep your eye on tremor, if you get scatter shotted, tell your warrior to intervene you to possibly eat the freezing trap, if your warrior gets scattered, drop a grounding if you think they're bout to freeze your warrior and focus you. Dispel viper sting.

As a warrior its pretty difficult to beat hunter druid because hunters and druids can kite a warrior extremely easily. Priest hunter, i say wail on the priest, you will oom the priest before anything happens, Hex + Charge Fear on hunter, switching to the hunter at times helps relieve pressure as hunter pops to D and priest has to heal the hunter. effectively burns the priests mana and reduces dmg taken.

Spell reflect Entangles and Cycloned if druid, its a game changer. Disarm the hunter if you're going for a kill, you can also kill within a hex, IE : Priest on 20 odd % with penance on CD, hex and zerg in that hex.

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity
    Okay from my experience as a resto shaman in pvp.

Shaman Warrior, used to be one of the stronger combos, still works now but requires good synergy and communication.

First thing -> get 120 spell penetration, 35 to cloak, the rest should be taken through gems (SP+pene) purple ones or pure pene up to you.

Second -> Hit cap yourself, 4-5% i think it was

Third -> A shaman can be just as strong if played correctly, though i do feel we are the weaker class out of healers but we have spells which will allow for the difference.

Glyphs -> Earthshield + LHW + Stoneclaw is what i run, replace ES for HW if you feel its necessary (IE : you both always take damage, just one more than the other by topping up your partner you're effectively topping yourself up, must be specced into 3/3 healing way.

Mp5 -> Your biggest asset against druids/priest combos.

Hunter Priest / Hunter Druid -> Focus Druid, Interrupt Cyclones/Entangles, Grounding Cyclones / Entangles, If your partner gets entangled and theres a pet on you, stand next to the warrior and let him wail on pet until entangle is gone, if warrior is the middle of the open, run LoS and just ES + Riptide + LHW/HW him.

Focus Priest -> Interrupt Heals/mana burn. Purge off all beneficial buffs. Have a mana spring totem out behind a pillar and keep your eye on tremor, if you get scatter shotted, tell your warrior to intervene you to possibly eat the freezing trap, if your warrior gets scattered, drop a grounding if you think they're bout to freeze your warrior and focus you. Dispel viper sting.

As a warrior its pretty difficult to beat hunter druid because hunters and druids can kite a warrior extremely easily. Priest hunter, i say wail on the priest, you will oom the priest before anything happens, Hex + Charge Fear on hunter, switching to the hunter at times helps relieve pressure as hunter pops to D and priest has to heal the hunter. effectively burns the priests mana and reduces dmg taken.

Spell reflect Entangles and Cycloned if druid, its a game changer. Disarm the hunter if you're going for a kill, you can also kill within a hex, IE : Priest on 20 odd % with penance on CD, hex and zerg in that hex.
    Wow,Your a really experienced player atimuscalamity imo, that was amazing. Thanks a lot for the help <3

Deleted

Ok just a couple of tips on the comps you strugle with.
    With disc get your warrior to train him. Purge everything on the priest, warriors tear them apart with a UA on pennance and with no shield and you shocking heals they will strugle to get any off. Also by purging the power word shield as soon as its up the preist as no form of healing and all he can do is -75%.
    The druids is a hell of alot harder. Ground, shock and los the cyclones, keep your warrior on their dps. Focus on purging the hots when you can and make sure the druid always has no buffs. To win this you can either purge the innervate of the druid or make a good switch to the druid with no hots up. If the druid is good and playing with a warrior you have to hope they make a mistake as this is one tough comp to beat.