Thread: Combat ratings

Combat ratings

can someone pls explain to me what combat stats/rating that work in pvp and which doesn't.
    jeje, know i'm noobish for running around in bg's in full pve gear but explain to me how my unbuffed pve white crits can reach 7k, while i struggle to get past 1.5k white crits in bg's, on players without any dmg reduction active.
    have 100% Armor pen hardcap, is it just that? ArP not working in pvp like res is not working in pve?
    most of my attack have reduced dmg output of between 50 and 80%. just find it hard to think that people have over 5k res :P

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Combat ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Rígr
    can someone pls explain to me what combat stats/rating that work in pvp and which doesn't.
    jeje, know i'm noobish for running around in bg's in full pve gear but explain to me how my unbuffed pve white crits can reach 7k, while i struggle to get past 1.5k white crits in bg's, on players without any dmg reduction active.
    have 100% Armor pen hardcap, is it just that? ArP not working in pvp like res is not working in pve?
    most of my attack have reduced dmg output of between 50 and 80%. just find it hard to think that people have over 5k res :P
    Arp works in Pvp, you will need to give more information on your situation though.

Your class, and stats.
    Target class.
    Are you counting absorbed damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Re: Combat ratings

thats just how it is mate, in pve you do 5x more dmg than on players.
    think about it, a raid boss has a ocuple of million HP and you have to burn im doen in a couple of minutes, while a player has under 30k hp, and fights are supposed to last like a couple of minutes.

the biggest reason for this is resilience on their gear. it basically adds a -25% dmg reduction

so don't worry about the conversation too much, just keep in mind: in arenas, everybody's dmg is really low compared to pve. but the point of pvp really is that you can survive longer, therefore dps doesn't nmatter that much