Deleted

High end Protection Warrior gear

Sup.

So me and my guild finally got a few bosses down in heroic ICC25.

Not gonna write a lot of shit, but what I'd like to discuss is what is better between 4 set T10.264 or offset ilvl 277-pieces? While I like the utility gained from the 4-set, the 277s give really solid stats.

Thoughts?

Re: High end Protection Warrior gear

4p 277 t10+vendor belt+Pillars of Might+277 boots from ICC?

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that the T10 277 pieces are probably pretty good. Maybe less well-itemized but keeping a 4piece bonus will be worth a few more stamina/dodge/etc.

Deleted

Neither of you read my post. :/

I would presume that ilvl 277 gear as a whole would be a little better than the t10.264, but if you're only downing a couple of heroic bosses at this time then it's rather unlikly that you'll be sporting a 277 helm, shoulder, chest, hand, and legs very soon. In this case it wouldn't be worth breaking up your 4 set for only one or two pieces of 277. Personally I really like the 4 set, and it becomes rather powerful with the ICC zone buff which still has another 15% to go.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin
    I would presume that ilvl 277 gear as a whole would be a little better than the t10.264, but if you're only downing a couple of heroic bosses at this time then it's rather unlikly that you'll be sporting a 277 helm, shoulder, chest, hand, and legs very soon. In this case it wouldn't be worth breaking up your 4 set for only one or two pieces of 277. Personally I really like the 4 set, and it becomes rather powerful with the ICC zone buff which still has another 15% to go.
    Well we're 9/12 in after our first lockout, so I may pick up stuff quickly. Just now I looted the helm. Offset 277s and 264s will give higher base stats than wearing the set... But I've gotten so attached to the 4-set bonus. :/

I just replaced my 4 set bonus with the 277 helm, and I'm not missing it so far and its been 2 weeks.

This is what I'd do:
    Keep t10.264 helm and gloves, use the badges chest, shoulders from lootship + pillars.

Seeing as you have the 277 helm I'd go with tier chest + gloves and keep the rest the same.
    All in all t10 277 is BiS (4 piece at least), but the pillars and the shoulders from gunship (heroic) are really too good to pass on.

Macro the skeleton key in with your bloodrage and you got yourself a 20k bubble. Pretty awesome on saurfang and sindy and a nice o shit button for other fights.

Using the Lady D 277 helm and Gunship 277 shoulders myself, with T10.264 chest/gloves and Pillars of Might. Going to use 4P T10 once I get all of them upgraded to 277, but that'll take a while!

The 4pc is crazy good for surviving shit like soul reaper and sindra's frost breath + melee. Hard to quantify that kind of advantage in stats.

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    The 4pc is crazy good for surviving shit like soul reaper and sindra's frost breath + melee. Hard to quantify that kind of advantage in stats.
    Or like any good tank you keeps several sets of gear and swap them in and out as you need them for a fight...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    This is what I'd do:
    Keep t10.264 helm and gloves, use the badges chest, shoulders from lootship + pillars.

Seeing as you have the 277 helm I'd go with tier chest + gloves and keep the rest the same.
    All in all t10 277 is BiS (4 piece at least), but the pillars and the shoulders from gunship (heroic) are really too good to pass on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echò @ Anachronos
    Using the Lady D 277 helm and Gunship 277 shoulders myself, with T10.264 chest/gloves and Pillars of Might. Going to use 4P T10 once I get all of them upgraded to 277, but that'll take a while!
    I guess this is the easiest way, it's a solid increase of stats...

... But really, being able to smooth out healing on tankswaps/spikes/raid damage using minor CDs is really nice. As bw13187 (freaking name) so nicely put it:

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    Hard to quantify that kind of advantage in stats.
    Hm. I think I'll keep the off set 277s in my bags until I acquire 3-4 of them.