Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Forum Avatars, Battle.net Real ID

The thing about Real ID is they're treating it like this huge step forward. You'll be able to talk to your friends across multiple games! But they very pointedly state that it's for your REAL life friends.

In the days before Warcraft 3, you could already talk to all your friends playing battle.net games no matter what game they were playing. This is a step back from that, where, if you want to talk cross game with someone, you share a lot of info with them.
    You give them your full real name, and email address.
    You give them access to you on ALL of your game accounts across all current Blizzard games.
    You give them access to your ENTIRE friends list.

As it stands right now, you can't turn any of this on or off. At Blizzcon 2009, they said that with such a powerful feature with so much information, they'd have plenty of knobs and dials for privacy and parental controls. But the only privacy option currently apparent in Starcraft 2 is that if you don't want people to know every last detail about you, don't add them as a real id friend.

I can respect that Blizzard wants to make a neat system for you to have easy access to your real friends with, that's cool. But it's just such a failing on so many levels that you have to give up all semblance of privacy for cross game chat - something we had a decade ago - without any of the flexibility they promised us.

15+ Year Old Account

So you just jump to the conclusion that it's already complete in it's entirety.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo
    So you just jump to the conclusion that it's already complete in it's entirety.
    The way it's been outlined is the way it's going to work initially, and it's the way it will work permanently if no one complains about it.

Blizzard has been pretty arrogant so far when talking about Bnet 2.0, how awesome it is, and they have been pretty oblivious to the objections to it.

That doesn't mean that they won't make lots of changes eventually, but right now they're just going to push it out like a steaming turd and see how it smells.

Let's hope this is a good first step toward full account ignoring instead of toon by toon basis.

Deleted

These avatars are not alone .

Deleted

I dont like this at all. I'd like to chat with my friend while they are on a alt/sc2/d3 but giving out my real name is a nono. I can't understand all these Facebook and Myspace partygoes, the first thing a company does after you apply for a job is to invite you to an interview and if your still "in" they hire someone to get a background check the moment you left that door. Having co-workers in your list will also cause problems.

There is only one Person i met on the internet who knows my name and i'd like to keep it that way, if it means i can't chat cross realm so be it. ALSO there is somthing called friend-of-friend system which is also in the RID you might want to read about that. So not only do you need to trust that online friend but also his friends.

Gona make a fake bnet account for sc2/d3 maybe even wow but thats kinda hard since payment is involved. Also the need of giving out your Accountname for RID is pure stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Badge
    This will be an amazing feature when its implimented.

I also find it rather funny how Worgen females havent been shown yet, are they actually causing problems?
    Eveytime they begin work on them the developer has to go out to buy new pants

Deleted

Will we be able to invite our real ID friends to join a party and do some dungeons?

God I hate there 'real id' crap - its not optional, you'll be forced into by family and 'friends'

damn blizzard
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Saw this in an irc chat, if someone wants to take a look.
    http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8...maleworgen.jpg

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Idk if i like this idea, but itd be cool to see it implemented well and not terribly ><

I love the overall idea to be able to chat between different games. Got many real life buddies to add into this just like in steam, especially becouse we usually play different blizzard games.

On the other hand this seems like crappy step after old b.net chat. Friends of Friends, no thanks its still gaming platform not society. No way to use nickname, why.. This would be cool tool with online friends as well and nickname is so much easier to use.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    How can the Worgen female not be finished?
    Cause meshing 8 boobs takes time, got to be great looking xD!
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic
    Cause meshing 8 boobs takes time, got to be great looking xD!
    6 or bust

realIDon first look I was happy, Im after faction change, and I left many friends on Horde side. So chat with them - great. Second look - give them my full name + my home adress + 'friend of friend' :-\ For me - very good WoW friends still isnt real friend. So, sadly, my "realID friends list" probable stay empty :'(

Where's the information that says they'll get your address and shit? I mean... how special are your names really? Unless your name is "Shishidirukon Batternattwarhemsdeli" you can breathe easy, especially considering most of you are probably named "Stephen Baker" or such.

If anything, go in and change your "real name" in the battle.net account settings if it's so damn terrible that a good friend of yours know your real name.

Even if it's "just a WoW friend", I'd hope that if it's someone you would otherwise consider giving realID information to - in the case that it didn't provide your real name - you can also trust that they won't turn into a stalker.
    It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

did someone say avatar!?!?!?!

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.