Random Kicks from pugs.

So today I tried to do the weekly twice on 2 different chars. One was full 251/264 with most achievements from 10man, the other was just 5man HC geared. Both pugs were 10man to Ulduar for XT and I had one other guildy in.

First time I was on my alt (rogue) and got randomly kicked, I ask for a reason and the leader just said nothing, I had a guildy still in the raid and he asked and no response, now I didnt know anyone and was sure no one knew me and they didnt replace me that fast and I wasnt near anyone for them to inspect me. My guildy left out of principle at this point.

Second time I was on my very well geared main and there was a guildy hunter in the raid, he was 245/251 geared and done the fight before but he was randomly kicked and again the raid leader gave no response. I said something along the lines of "well he was a guildy and kicked for no reason so im not staying as wanted to raid with him" I then get a couple of whispers going "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ" etc and then put on ignore.

So, my questions are this, if you are a raid leader and do this kind of thing, why do you do it and do you ever say why? Also, Ive been doing the weekly in pugs for months now and never had a problem until now so have I been lucky in the past of are people getting worse? Anyone think of a good/funny reason why the kicks each time aswell?

Re: Random Kicks from pugs.

A lot of times when I've seen this it's because the Raid Leaders friend suddenly appears on-line and wants in. It's a bit of a crappy move but just another one of those things.

Simple reason: They can.

Slightly less simple reason: They know they can get away with it.

Even less simple: There's enough pugs floating around, eager for raids that finding the slightest problem with anyone is grounds for kicking, especially DPS. Good chance someone else in the raid asked them to remove all competition for a certain item, and they don't tell you because they know it'll take 10 minutes out of their day, so they just ignore you instead.

Why? Because they can.

Even simpler reason, you are in a pug.

If the RL friend suddenly came online, a spot needs to be opened. If the RL needs a piece of loot that would also be an upgrade for you, the competition needs to be stifled.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Honestly, I'd try to avoid random pugs. I mean, I'd rather not raid at all than pug. Most of them are run by immature people that think they know everything because they get to pretend to be a qualified raid leader when they usually have no clue what is going on. There is always going to be drama involved in pugs, and little progress to make it worth it.

There are, of course, alternatives. If you really don't want to commit to a regular raiding guild due to w/e reasons you may have, back on my old server this one guy made a really nice 'pug' every week that ran at the same time each week. It mostly had people from about 4-5 guilds in it but we all got along really well, especially with the one item per person rule, and there was always opportunity for new people to get a regular spot, as people come and go. We were able to clear Naxx25 in its entirety in about 3 hours each week for about three months with hardly any wipes, and there was really no commitment.

In their stumbling, misguided attempts to think these people often make very bad decisions.

I was in the weekly last week and the raid leader Accidentally kicked someone. Guess she meant to promote to assissant, inspect...i really dont know. Then right belore the boss, the raid leader left the group. She hearthed out, I think she was embaressed and wouldn't return to the group. She was the only one with the power to kick. Maybe the raid leader was just a noob who pressed the wrong button and was too embarrassed to admit the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    Even simpler reason, you are in a pug.

If the RL friend suddenly came online, a spot needs to be opened. If the RL needs a piece of loot that would also be an upgrade for you, the competition needs to be stifled.
    This.
    Happened to me too. Had nothing to do with the gear I had. But apparantly (i found out later) I was competition for a certain item. A lot of raids are formed by guys in not so great gear who look for ppl who can carry them thru ICC of VoA.
    Last week I was in a VoA where the RL switches ML to his friend. The friend took the T10.5 hunter legs and left. To my surprise there were (apart from the other hunter) not much fierce or disgusted reactions.

I wish people wondered things like this about RL...

"hey that guy cut in line today..." WHY DID HE DO IT??!?!?

apply your life experiences... (wait you don't have life experiences? ok stop playing wow... go outside) XDXD

Random kicks aren't always so random, a lot of times there is a reason you didn't know about.
    Example:
    Some week ago I kicked a dude on the trash before XT before he pressed need on the 2-3 green items instead of greed/diss.
    He asked me why he got kicked and I told him, he didn't seem to understand and later I got some hatewhispers from his guildies and I told them what happened and they didn't understand either.

Short tip if you don't want to be annoying (and maybe kicked) in pugs:
    If you're asked something, answer, otherwise stop spamming the damn raid chat, most of the time it's just filled with nonsense and whatever you write will just make it even worse (and yes, this includes writing/spamming "STOP SPAMMING PLEASE!!!11!!omg!1" or "THIS HUNTER ROLLED ON SPIRITGEAR IGNORE HIS ROLL" <--- Leaders will most of the time notice this themselves without 15 people spamming raidchat, but when people write to much their brains stop working and they just take all the loot themselves/give it to the wrong people).