Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What happened to "flexibility" in talent specs (Cataclysm Alpha)

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    The new talent trees for all the classes were recently posted on the front page.
    No. They weren't. In fact, most Trees have not been changed at all yet.
    Until the alpha ends you can expect Blizzard to turn everything on its head about twice per patch.

So... just shut up. You obviously don't comprehend what is going on currently.

Quote Originally Posted by huth
    Until the alpha ends you can expect Blizzard to turn everything on its head about twice per patch.
    Why only until alpha ends? Even after that :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

"Hey I know that they haven't actually implemented the vast majority of talent changes but <class-spec> is the same WTF Blizz!"

For crying out loud.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Why only until alpha ends? Even after that :P
    Na, after alpha they only do it once per patch.

10+ Year Old Account

they haven't been updated yet, derp.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I glanced over all the talent trees and the only one I saw any real changes in was, well, druids. I'm guessing the alpha is currently focused on those (although there are quite a few NYI Tags around).

Shaman trees have also seen some reworking already. The rest is rather boring for now.

15+ Year Old Account

Priests got some really sweet new talents in all trees too.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

We have maybe 10 or so (maximum) new talents per class, less for some.

Don't complain.... yet.

Think feral DPS are going to be sent half way down the resto tree or more into the feral tree by the end? I didnt really like that 15% of my talents were resto when there were so much left in Feral I could use but the HT + %dmg was to much to miss out on.

This is the FIRST PATCH IN ALPHA. The talent changes haven even been implemented except some minor changes.

No point in complaining when the beta hasnt even begun. They are still finalizing and finishing things before they are ready for your critiques.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Priests got some really sweet new talents in all trees too.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth
    Shaman trees have also seen some reworking already. The rest is rather boring for now.
    In both cases, mostly stuff from the previews, but yeah, its more than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    Think feral DPS are going to be sent half way down the resto tree or more into the feral tree by the end? I didnt really like that 15% of my talents were resto when there were so much left in Feral I could use but the HT + %dmg was to much to miss out on.
    Totally. FERAL DPS is TOTALLY going to be mostly resto based.

Please think before you type. Why would FERAL ANYTHING be that far down resto? Why would ANY spec be based in a different tree? Makes no sense. Its one thing to have a second tree to spend some points (Like, EVERY OTHER SPEC FOR EVERY OTHER CLASS.) and another to have your whole spec based in another tree.

Hey guys, are Arcane mages going to be 21/50/5 in cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    The new talent trees for all the classes were recently posted on the front page. So I went to check out how my feral spec would change and much to my shock and sadness almost nothing had changed. A few talents had become more bear or cat specific. A few things moved around. But my cat spec changed almost not at all. And blizzard promised there would be more fun and optional talents. Well once I finished putting points into all the required talents, i had a saddeningly low zero points left.

Now I understand this is alpha. I understand things are subject to change, and I honestly have no idea how much they actually will. But I'm worried. Because new flexible interesting talents was one of the things I was most excited about.
    You my friend... are an idiot... hardly any of the planned changes have gone in and if that wasn't obvious to you then yeah... what I first said...

On a side note, though it has 99.9998% to change location or be something completely different, gogo Perseverance for bear tanking!

Most of the talents that are passive and "not fun" are still in there, because Masteries haven't been implemented. For druids, moonkins are getting the major overhaul, so they're first in line for our class to get in enough testing (as can be seen by the Balance tree). It's obvious even by looking at the tree, it's no where near done even with all the changes... but I kinda like where they're heading with Moonfire, Eclipse, and Nature's Grace. Anyone look at all the damage buffs talents in the resto tree? I think they're trying to please the tree-slap DPS fans!

Oh well, in terms of feral, I don't mind if they start pushing talents further into resto that bears/kitties would like... just means that they're probably making it harder to be the best of both worlds in one spec. We'll see... see everyone next patch update for more semi-pointless banter! ;D

“Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Totally. FERAL DPS is TOTALLY going to be mostly resto based.

Please think before you type. Why would FERAL ANYTHING be that far down resto? Why would ANY spec be based in a different tree? Makes no sense. Its one thing to have a second tree to spend some points (Like, EVERY OTHER SPEC FOR EVERY OTHER CLASS.) and another to have your whole spec based in another tree.

Hey guys, are Arcane mages going to be 21/50/5 in cataclysm?
    Clam down fella that massive Epeen of yours might hit me in the face, not many of the Hybrid class's have to go much further than 5 points into either of its other specs's using a mage is a silly example, I mean its not like every mage talent isnt PvP or DPS, and you clearly have no concept of mages, 21/50/5 would obviously be a frost mage,

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    Clam down fella that massive Epeen of yours might hit me in the face, not many of the Hybrid class's have to go much further than 5 points into either of its other specs's using a mage is a silly example, I mean its not like every mage talent isnt PvP or DPS, and you clearly have no concept of mages, 21/50/5 would obviously be a frost mage,
    enhancement shamans, elemental shamans, fury warriors, arms warriors, ret paladins(barely), boomkins, shadowpriests, deathknights would all like to have a word with you. (i think i hit every hybrid right?) Everyone but ret paladin's go more than 10 points in another tree.