Poll: how do you like the new enchants

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Enchanting!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enchanting!

So yeah,Im gonna get this going with a pole!

Share what you think here!

Re: Enchanting!

Lots of placeholders but overall, looks good.

+75 stam on chest ME LIEK

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    +75 stam on chest ME LIEK
    ^

Deleted

Looks awesome, especially with feet enchants. I can see an agility, mastery and stamina boot enchant all with +minor speed on it. No more QQ and raiders always having to enchant for stamina!

One confusing this is the two spells which both have the description
    Code:
    Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes increase haste rating by 350 for 15 sec when casting spells or striking in melee. Requires a level 300 or higher item.

10+ Year Old Account

I am totally replacing berserker with that 120 attack power weapon enchant if they keep it that way *crosses fingers*.

No, but seriously, better be placeholders ><
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick
    I am totally replacing berserker with that 120 attack power weapon enchant if they keep it that way *crosses fingers*.

No, but seriously, better be placeholders ><
    While it being placeholder numbers really isn't difficult to comprehend, it could always be the actual numbers and things like current enchants just get bumped down drastically. :P Such as, Berserker getting dropped to, say, 90 AP.
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

15+ Year Old Account

"How do you like the new enchants".

"Placeholder".
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Resil to chest, yar. Glad resil is sticking around. Haste to boots is nice. The weapon procs are obviously placeholders.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

still would like to see idk...atleast 30 spell power to boots...
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by sac
    still would like to see idk...atleast 30 spell power to boots...
    Arnt they removing the spell power stat?

Two ring enchants give 150 stamina, mining only gives 120. Those numbers should be equal.

Otherwise, it's very good to see agility, strength and mastery ring enchants. Hopefully they are making all production professions equally worth it for melees, so you are no longer limited to jewelcrafting and blacksmithing as a min/maxer. (or jewelcrafting/engineering respectively, if you don't mind throwing bombs around).

Edit: @Cattleya: Mining actually does give the same stamina bonus as enchanting, blacksmithing etc. right now. 60 Stamina.
    And what self-explanatory reasons do you mean?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xerganor
    Two ring enchants give 150 stamina, mining only gives 120. Those numbers should be equal.

Otherwise, it's very good to see agility, strength and mastery ring enchants. Hopefully they are making all production professions equally worth it for melees, so you are no longer limited to jewelcrafting and blacksmithing as a min/maxer. (or jewelcrafting/engineering respectively, if you don't mind throwing bombs around).
    Gathering profs have never given equal bonuses as crafting professions, for pretty self-explanitory reasons :P

Anyway, i'm 99% sure they're placeholders but you can still kinda get the gist of the new enchants, and i think they're looking neat.

Interesting to notice the ilvl 300 requirement on all of them.
    A potential way of making wotlk enchants still worthwhile through the early gearing up perhaps, or again yet another placeholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Strength to ring. Str to ring. Eff retooling blacksmith I got str to ring.

Also, as enh, 350 haste procing of spells and melée? Yes please. Please tell me I can double proc that.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

other enchants looks fine but i really don'T like the weapon enchants

120 ap? berkerking has 400 ap(don2T really care armor reduce since i am not getting hit as dps pve)

some times 40 spell power? what the hell is that?

Exceptional Spellpower gives 50 all the time....

i really think they should change numbers there.....

I like how they seem to be going for multiple stat choices per enchanting slot , so there will be several viable options for enchanting, just like gemming. Do you want haste or <primary stat X> or crit or mastery on my gloves/boots/bracers? Should make gearing less of a no-brainer, IMO (assuming the stats are appropriately balanced).

10+ Year Old Account

I hope that tanks get a good enchant early on in the game, maybe that 75 stam on weapon could be added, just with a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by goko04

120 ap? berkerking has 400 ap(don2T really care armor reduce since i am not getting hit as dps pve)

Ok lets take a look at the current enchant "Blade Ward" doesnt say it stacks up it clearlly does please consider everything before rage typing hate nerds

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by goko04

As said, Placeholders.

I mostly find it interesting that it's referring to the Item Level for once; all current enchants refer to the level of the intended wielder, and have nothing to do with the item level at all.

Right now, there are three "categories"

No requirement : ie "vanilla" enchants
    Requires Level 35 or higher item : ie "TBC" enchants
    Requires Level 60 or higher item : ie "WotLK" enchants

When it says "Level 35 or higher item" it doesn't mean ilevel 35 or higher, it means the "Requires Level..." section of the item must be at least that level or higher. For example, Stonecloth Vest is an ilevel 39 item, with a required level of 34. You can't put Enchant Chest - Major Resilience on it.

If these are written with the exact same intent as the previous enchants, we won't be able to even USE any of these - the enchants would require items with a required level of 300! No such items exist in the game!

So I'm going to assume this means it's looking at the itemlevel of the items in question, not the required level by characters who want to wield it, and so I assume they're also going to change the earlier enchants to a similar method. I just wonder how they're going to divide it all up!