Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wrath of cenarious boomkin talent - a blizzard joke?

Tier 8 - Wrath of cenarious - aka moonfire spam talent.

From a "trying to understand the logic point of view"

"We want moonkins to be able to do more damage on heavy mobile fights, where their 2 dots and insanely low cast times are not sufficient to keep the damage going"

From my point of view:

"We want moonkins to actually moonfire spam some silly kid in a bg, running as fast as a big screaming owl possibly can, and moonfire him until he is dead. Why make use of any other skills when this skill just gets better and better the more you spam it.
    This will remove hectic thinking of rotations, wrath or moonfire? No proble, just spam that moonfire until your target is down"

/breathes

Is this a joke, or did i hit something right in my writings. Im confused.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Wrath of cenarious boomkin talent - a blizzard joke?

We'll see once cata comes out, I personally think that, while buffed, moonfire instant cast damage will still be lower than say, wrath.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee

"We want moonkins to be able to do more damage on heavy mobile fights, where their 2 dots and insanely low cast times are not sufficient to keep the damage going"

From my point of view:

"We want moonkins to actually moonfire spam some silly kid in a bg, running as fast as a big screaming owl possibly can, and moonfire him until he is dead. Why make use of any other skills when this skill just gets better and better the more you spam it.
    This will remove hectic thinking of rotations, wrath or moonfire? No proble, just spam that moonfire until your target is down"

/breathes

im going to compare this to shadowpriests devouring plague, it does damage on cast yet its damage isnt sufficient enough or mana efficient enough to spam. i have a feeling moonfire will be under the same catagory. great to do when moving just stupid and a waste of damage when you could be casting harder hitting spells.

You clearly don't play a caster dps in arena to say that moonfire spam will ever at any point be viable, You'll shit through your mana pool so fast, it'l be unbelieve able. Good for blizzard for making some classes not lose 30-40% dps on fights that require movement

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    You clearly don't play a caster dps in arena to say that moonfire spam will ever at any point be viable, You'll shit through your mana pool so fast, it'l be unbelieve able. Good for blizzard for making some classes not lose 30-40% dps on fights that require movement
    hendrix makes a good point on pvp side of things. but in pve every moonkin should be glyphed into moonfire so that reduces the instant damage by 90% to increase the periodic damage by 75% and even without the glyph the damage is shit and a waste of mana you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Spamming moonfire just refreshes it so it doesnt ever really get a chance to tick which is more then the instant damage unglyphed with 1 tick.

Edit: even with the fact incata refreshing dots wont refresh the tick timer but just go back 13 seconds or w/e moonfire spam will never be viable its just something to use whilst moving or putting up now and then for more dps/help a nuke/talent/idol. Also i dont know for sure if they are chaning that talent in Cata havent taken the time to look as of yet but currently it only buff starfire and wrath damage so yeah.

What this guy thinks really?
    Have you ever played a moonkin druid in any part of this game?
    Moonfire is 4th mana consuming skill in druid's spellbook.(balance ones) Hurricane>starfall>typhoon>moonfire.
    Hurricane can not hit invisible targets so eleminate it. 3rd mana consuming skill. And it is also dispellable by any healer in the game with catalysm . So Think about how idiot is your arguement and even if you have played druid, this shows that you haven't played it well.
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

Deleted

1. Did you read the talent?

2. Yea i know i go over boundries to create a point, so you cant really disagree with me on all points if you look closely.
    and why cant you? Because you guys just reassured me this talent is infact a joke, thank you.

even forgetting about the facts been stated so far...he started off with saying its cause of <a href="http://thottbot.com/s33607">Wrath of Cenarius</a> talent. This does nothing for moonfire so his whole argument is just fail

The talent change was in rank 1 but not 2 and 3 of the talent tree editor.

However people are saying that you will go oom by spamming this. Please read the talent.

Increases the Instant damage by 15% and Reducing the Mana cost by 30%(Max ranks assumed totals), Stacks up to 3 times, lasts 3 seconds, but refreshed if you are moving.

Stacking 3 times: 45% Damage increase for initial hit, Mana cost reduced by 90%.

Stack your other Moonfire abilities like Improved Moonfire and the new Blessing of the Grove

Yeah, boomkins running around in PvP screaming BOOMCHICKEN MOONFIRE! as fast as they can spamming it will hurt.

15+ Year Old Account

The only joke is that you are overanalyzing an ALPHA talent tree

Quote Originally Posted by Diredruid
    even forgetting about the facts been stated so far...he started off with saying its cause of <a href="http://thottbot.com/s33607">Wrath of Cenarius</a> talent. This does nothing for moonfire so his whole argument is just fail

Dear lord

well gg on the alpha tree being bugged or w/e by only showing rank 1 with the changes. Well i still dont think it will be op its just a bit of help needed for us in pve and in pvp well it could be pretty op but it is just an ALPHA talent tree so changes can still be made

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhide

Dear lord

what...i dont remember seeing that change and i was looking at the alpha talent tree and i didnt notice it because it was only on rank 1...

I would like to show everyone in this thread this classic machinima by Deminion and Abandonation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm63Gmaxlho

Watch me switch to boomkin form and superspam that ho!~

Deleted

IT
    IS
    STILL
    ALPHA >

Quote Originally Posted by Diredruid
    you could have at least taken the time to look at the talent calculator instead of using thotbot which imo is a bad site for infos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    you could have at least taken the time to look at the talent calculator instead of using thotbot which imo is a bad site for infos.
    sigh read further down will you, also i tried wowhead and i could only find the in-game link but anyways. hadnt realised that the cata talent tree had been released when i posted that

From my point of view:

/breathes

A lot of people liked surge of light... So there you go, it is not a bug it is most likely a pvp change.

For you people that apparently don't understand. As it is right now, moonfire spam is a bad idea because it chews through your mana. This new talent essentially removes that penalty. It encourages you to mindlessly run around spamming 1 ability over and over.

For those of you saying it's just alpha. The fact that they would even put something like that into testing is completely idiotic.

Don't forget though, it's not just boomkin moonfire spam you have to worry about. Resto druids will be spamming you when your low so they can proc insta starfires......rofl. Ya, that's a great idea.

Deleted

You can even combine both, so you have 30% cheaper moonfires doing 15% more damage and having a 60% chance of proccing instant starfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    You can even combine both, so you have 30% cheaper moonfires doing 15% more damage and having a 60% chance of proccing instant starfires.
    Actually, the talent says that it stacks 3 times, so it's 90% cheaper, 45% more dmg moonfires, as someone said earlier in the thread.