Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Wrath of cenarious boomkin talent - a blizzard joke?

Ahh it seems there is indeed some clever fellows on this forum.

And you guys who says its alpha.

Well I play on live, i live to comment on live. Why? Because some people might listen, even devs.
    I am -going- to play this game which is getting chopped out in this alpha and into beta, so alpha have a strong impact on beta. Beta have a strong impact on what we are going to play on Live in cataclysm. Therefore discussing Alpha is relevant.

Personally i still think its either a mobility talent, a BG talent (since BG´s are the new thing in cata, why? okay ill explain why. (skip this if you dont wanna read why they make BG talents or abilities)
    Abilities like Leap of faith, aka lifegrip, wall of fog from mages and aoe bomb plants from druids are BG abilties, made to do effective battleground control with, because the new BG system introduces a high level playstyle, the "new" big arena, blizzard are already emphazising the importance by bringing in theese abilities, and no leap of faith was not made for PvE.))

or it is a joke talent which will get changed. I just dont want to see such a mindless skill ever being introduced in the game, it will confuse new players into thinking this playstyle might be the only right thing, espescially in BG´s. (and even worse, it might even work)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfeast
    im going to compare this to shadowpriests devouring plague, it does damage on cast yet its damage isnt sufficient enough or mana efficient enough to spam. i have a feeling moonfire will be under the same catagory. great to do when moving just stupid and a waste of damage when you could be casting harder hitting spells.
    Seems like a good comparison. Could be fun to use in bgs =)

Resto & boomkin got some nice additions, i like the starfire execute from the resto tree sounds super fun.

Deleted

People are assuming that moonfire's mana cost will be dropped by 90% when Wrath of Cenarius is fully stacked, but as everyone has noticed, only the first point in the talent shows the change. It is possible that it will be a single point talent and the max gains will be 15% extra moonfire damage and 30% mana reduction.

Also, it's completely possible that it will be a 3 point talent, but that perhaps the damage is increased when you pick up more points but the mana isn't reduced further.

Regardless, I'm sure the aim of the talent isn't to lolfire spam. They won't let that playstyle be attractive.

Edit: As proof for my argument, if you look at the resto tree, Efflorescence is only present on the first talent point, but in the description it says it heals for 10/20/30% of your regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by tilgare
    People are assuming that moonfire's mana cost will be dropped by 90% when Wrath of Cenarius is fully stacked, but as everyone has noticed, only the first point in the talent shows the change. It is possible that it will be a single point talent and the max gains will be 15% extra moonfire damage and 30% mana reduction.

Also, it's completely possible that it will be a 3 point talent, but that perhaps the damage is increased when you pick up more points but the mana isn't reduced further.

Regardless, I'm sure the aim of the talent isn't to lolfire spam. They won't let that playstyle be attractive.

Edit: As proof for my argument, if you look at the resto tree, Efflorescence is only present on the first talent point, but in the description it says it heals for 10/20/30% of your regrowth.
    Even so, a talent that encourages mindless spamming of one ability is obv dumb and I have no idea how it even got into the testing stage.

It's the same reason why they changed Brain Freeze to proc off chills instead of any frost dmg. It's also why they didn't implement the Frozen Core change that would make it so that your ice lances have a chance to give you shorter frost bolts.

If I can be a running, screaming, bigass owlchicken of doom spamming moonfire, I'm respeccing my druid balance.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

If you look over all the talents, there are quite a few that mention buffing the DIRECT damage of moonfire. I'm wondering if they are looking to change the moonfire glyph, or if they are making it viable to raid without it.

Wrath of Cenarius in this form seems to be asking us to spam moonfire but only AFTER moving for 3 seconds to get the stacks up. It's uncommon to need to keep moving for more than 3 seconds at a time, so I doubt it would be more then 2-4 casts of moonfire, at most. And as for the first 3 seconds, I'd imagine we'd cast Mushroom, Starsurge, and refresh IS before starting the Moonfire spam
    I've played a balance druid and an arms warrior since the release of Vanilla WoW, simply because they are fun and I like the play styles. Enjoy the game.

Deleted

First off, you will probably only have one dot in Cataclysm. I find it highly unlikely that you will want to use Glyph of Moonfire in Cataclysm - you will probably have Glyph of Eclipse, Wild Mushroom, Starsurge or whatever. So your moonfire will mainly be an instant cast nuke.

Wrath of Cenarious seems to offer a solution for when we have to move. Add this to Blessing of the Grove, which adds to our direct damage of moonfire, its probably just compensation for moving around. I think its kinda fun, that Blizzard actually enables moonfire spam - just keep in mind that it wont be as effective as you think, due to eclipse meters and the like.

Alpha disclaimer:

CHILL! It's just gone out. Anything and everything might be part of a grand plan.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee
    Tier 8 - Wrath of cenarious - aka moonfire spam talent.

From a "trying to understand the logic point of view"

"We want moonkins to be able to do more damage on heavy mobile fights, where their 2 dots and insanely low cast times are not sufficient to keep the damage going"

From my point of view:

"We want moonkins to actually moonfire spam some silly kid in a bg, running as fast as a big screaming owl possibly can, and moonfire him until he is dead. Why make use of any other skills when this skill just gets better and better the more you spam it.
    This will remove hectic thinking of rotations, wrath or moonfire? No proble, just spam that moonfire until your target is down"

/breathes

Is this a joke, or did i hit something right in my writings. Im confused.
    dont forget the new eclipse meter, so wraith wil be better at a certain point
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

We still don't know what blizzard is planning for final looks on talent trees or abilities. Hell blizzard may lower the mana cost of moonfire by release date of Cata so right now it high mana cost and in cata could be cheaper on mana cost. Even if the spell cost 1,000 mana at 30% reduction it 700. I bet in cata people will have a mana pool size of maybe 35k to 40k. + moonfire counted as a single target damaging spell so even time you crit when you single target it you're getting X% mana back. Unless blizzard takes it away. Right now we can't judge the talent trees because in alpha anything can happen, things come and go. All depends on how things pan out for blizzard.

The talent change was in rank 1 but not 2 and 3 of the talent tree editor.

However people are saying that you will go oom by spamming this. Please read the talent.

Increases the Instant damage by 15% and Reducing the Mana cost by 30%(Max ranks assumed totals), Stacks up to 3 times, lasts 3 seconds, but refreshed if you are moving.

Stacking 3 times: 45% Damage increase for initial hit, Mana cost reduced by 90%.

Stack your other Moonfire abilities like Improved Moonfire and the new Blessing of the Grove

Yeah, boomkins running around in PvP screaming BOOMCHICKEN MOONFIRE! as fast as they can spamming it will hurt.
    Wrath Of Cenarius Rank 1: 5% more direct damage on moonfire/10% reduce mana cost on moonfire and this can stack up to 3times.

15%more direct damage on moonfire and 30% less mana cost at 3stacks. Dont really see how you get 45% and 90% there is only one rank.

Moonglow
    : 3 pts here 9% reduce mana cost on moonfire.

Imp Moonfire: Increase the direct damage on moonfire 10% (2pts)

Blessing on the Grove: Increase direct damage on moonfire 6% (3pts)

Well at the moment as alpha talent show us now...you problebly see little bit more moonfire spam :P. The only place a see this spamming moonfire is when I need to finnish someone of. Also this talent have good synergy with Fury of Stormrage if you want to go that path.

I see lot of use of this talent in boss fight where I need to move alot. I welcome this talent so I hope it survive in to catalysm.

If there's any logic in this I think they want Moonfires instant dmg to be somewhere on the Ice Lance from a Mage level, meaning you can spam it but it doesn't do insane amounts of dmg to say a decently pvp geared guy. And besides that, it won't do more damage then your Eclipse rotation would do.
    The dot will be to add more utility so we dont actually just hit 2 buttons and our cooldowns but want to push Moonfire too, especially while moving, hence the dmg incease when moving