Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Masteries finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordockk
    moderator says don't voice your opinion.
    Except his opinion was based on blatantly incorrect facts.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    Except his opinion was based on blatantly incorrect facts.
    Except he is right about us getting more free global cooldowns. Blizzard plan to double the damage of rune abilities but only let us use them half as often. This means a hell of a lot more free globals for rp dumps. Also if something is a fact then it is by definition not incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Except he is right about us getting more free global cooldowns. Blizzard plan to double the damage of rune abilities but only let us use them half as often. This means a hell of a lot more free globals for rp dumps. Also if something is a fact then it is by definition not incorrect.
    I think you've completely misunderstood some part of this thread.

I agree with you, all of that is fact, and the RP boost mastery will be beneficial.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    Sigh...it will all change with Cata.
    Blizzard will offer more free gcds and more abilites that cost RP.
    Just wait and see and don't start bitching about stuff without knowing anything.
    itt: more proof of moderator power-abuse. If WE tell someone else they are bitching, we get banned. If a mod does it, he gets to show that he can do whatever the hell he wants.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn
    itt: more proof of moderator power-abuse. If WE tell someone else they are bitching, we get banned. If a mod does it, he gets to show that he can do whatever the hell he wants.
    stop bitching about the bitchin
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Except the person in question didn't really know what they were talking about.

Let me throw this in:
    Unholy Presence: reduced GCD

hope there will be speccs that use it. Fast 1H DW + fast style use = sounds fun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Because that matters, m i rite??
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Let me throw this in:
    Unholy Presence: reduced GCD

hope there will be speccs that use it. Fast 1H DW + fast style use = sounds fun
    Blizzard would pretty much need to redesign an entire talent tree for dks to ever want fast weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Blizzard would pretty much need to redesign an entire talent tree for dks to ever want fast weapons.
    My words are misleading, sry. fast 1H DW = faster than 2H ~ not using daggers or fast 1H weapons.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

The person in question was stating an opinion. An opinion, even uninformed or misguided, is never wrong. It's an opinion. Now that I'm informed, and properly guided, I still think the changes are going to suck. After 18 months and multiple patches, tweaks, nerfs, fixes and countless spec changes, I've found a comfortable niche that I enjoy. They're patching over that niche making it inaccessible.

Tell me.. If strikes can be cast half as often and hit twice as hard, and we gain twice as much runic power, AND we are given new abilities to use in the gaps, where is the difference in rp capping and not enough dump time?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Probably already stated somewhere, but the blood change is making me become a main OS tank.

Although it's alpha, and it's probably in no way finished, I do like what i'm seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaka
    Tell me.. If strikes can be cast half as often and hit twice as hard, and we gain twice as much runic power, AND we are given new abilities to use in the gaps, where is the difference in rp capping and not enough dump time?
    1.) What new abilities? We know nothing.

2.) We don't know if the RP mastery will double RP gain(ie. 100%) or merely bump it by "50%" Keep in mind that most RP boost talents are 5, or 33% on a 2 rune attack and 50% on a single rune attack. Frost generates (at 2/2 CotG), assuming no extra RP from healer procs or AMS, 125 RP per 12 runes (IT, PS, 4x oblit, 2x heart strike) with no rime use. (and let's assume that RP/rune doesn't change in cata) If RP mastery were a 50% boost in RP generation you'd get 150 RP per 12 runes, or 20 seconds of cooldown overall(not really, thanks to GCD, but it evens out). But since these 12 runes will come much slower in cataclysm (starting with 6, then getting 6 more 20s later, so 30s total) the same number of attacks would be 150RP/30s or 5RPPS, where as currently you're getting 125RP/20s, or 6.25RPPS. Again, I made some broad assumptions here, have no idea if RP generation per attack is staying the same with the new rune cooldowns, nor do I have any idea how death runes will work for specs that aren't blood. And neither do you

Next time you want to post some arrogant defense of an opinion, at least have something to back it up or think it out beyond how things work for you right now

Deleted

The DK masteries seem to be thought through at least

15+ Year Old Account

Feel free to use the contact mail if you think that I or another mod abuse powers. Discussing mod activities on the boards actually is a bannable offense.
    You also won't get banned for using the word "bitching", We'd have to ban half of the community if every usage of a curse word would be bannable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordockk
    moderator says don't voice your opinion.
    Never said that his opinion is not allowed. Simply told him that his assumptions were incorrect with the current facts in mind. Agreed, not in a very friendly way...but everybody has bad days.

BTT: I'll simply repeat what Kerwyn said in a bit less mathy way:
    As far as we know yet, the RP/rune will stay the same. But we'll use less Runes/minute. That means we also get less RP/Minute. And if we further assume that the Frost mastery bonus pushes the RP/min back to the current level, we'd still have more free gcds in between in which we can fit FS/DC or a new RP based ability.

Nothing wrong with an honest moderator. Personally, I appreciate a less than polite approach because I don't sugarcoat things myself. No reason to expect it in return.

As I said above, but perhaps a little more clearly, I not optimistic about the upcoming changes because honestly, I don't like change. I'm comfortable with it now. Yeah, we do suck a bit in pvp, but then again I've given up pvp. I do realize the need for more room for gcds, especially if they're adding new abilities. With the current rotation of frost, there is scarcely room to dump rp and use the occasional rime/KM proc, much less throw in a new ability or two. I'm not against change, per se; I just don't like having to relearn a class I've grown somewhat comfortable with.

I do, however, like the thought of increased damage from strikes, even if it comes at the cost of less strikes used in a rotation. It should greatly aid in the pvp problem of crappy burst damage. It will be nice to have the ability to pop ERW and unload some meat and potatoes on a target when you get him low on health and successfully ghoul stun/strangulate him.