15+ Year Old Account

Will Totem Range Possibly Be Increasing?

Hello everyone,

Alpha and all so nothing is set in stone, but:

Wrathful Totems (Placeholder)-
    Cause your Fire totems to increase the spell power of party and raid members within 100 yards by 10%

Now this is the talent as listed in the latest talent build. It is a placeholder for now so it's subject to change. As this only talks about the wrath "effect" being 100 yards, it does make me optimistic that they are looking into our range issue. Now when it goes live it might be back down to the old 40 yard radius, but seeing 100 yards in the wording makes me hopeful. If there is anyone running alpha now who can do a range check for various totems, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm very happy with the new ENH talents and hope most of them make it live. The only major issue with the searing totem is that it chooses what it wants to attack and has no pet bar for me to say, "No, not that one. Over here!"

Re: Will Totem Range Possibly Be Increasing?

i just hope they wise up and make Searing Totem more than 20 yards. but lets hope all range is going up, or at least give us more versatility on where we can drop our totems.

Remove totems for all i care but PLEASE GIVE HEX A LONGER RANGE THAN 20YARDS!

Seeing how they gave a few other passive buffs a 100 yard range, I can only hope they would do something to totems as well. The only other thing that I can think of that could work is to make totems (at least basic buffing totems like wf, soe, woa, ft..) give temporary (think 30-45 second) buffs so you can run out of range for a short time and not lose the buff or have to re-drop totems only to have to do it again when you move back. This wouldn't solve raid-wide range issues but it would be a solid move.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

I get the feeling that the 100 yard radius is only going to be for that specific one because I get the feeling it has such a range to make it as equivalent as possible to the demonology warlock version of the buff.
    And also if you pop for example a fire elemental you dont want to have to replace it prematurely just cause the battle moved more than 30 yards away.

Reason why it probably wont happen for the other totems is that I've gotten the feeling that blizzard means for the position of the totems to truly matter and with a 100y radius positions would mean little in most fights.

Totems buffs should really get, at least, 40 yards range or even 50 won't be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign
    i just hope they wise up and make Searing Totem more than 20 yards. but lets hope all range is going up, or at least give us more versatility on where we can drop our totems.
    well enhancement is going to be using searing totem, so it doesnt really matter on range THAT much (we all have to refresh magma totem every time we move 2 inches so it isnt much of a change)

Yeah increased totem range would be nice. Having to drop another set mid raid because of the boss being kited...

15+ Year Old Account

Totems definitly (still!) needs more love from Blizzard. Their range is small and their buffs are passive, so they are rather feeling like a burden than a fun buff. ;/