Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lost trauma to a paladin

Hi, I'm quiet disappointed atm. Last night we finally started with hard modes in ICC 25 and killed the easy bosses. Trauma dropped and a paladin with the most dkp got it. Our guild is quiet hard on "no lootwhine accepted". But I think I or atleast one of the other 2 druids in the should have gotten it. I just asked the GM shortly afterwards how the paladin could get it. Didn't want to make a big thing out of it since I know he would have gotten angry as hell if i kept mention it.

Am I to "selfish" or do you agree that it should be "raidhealer" prio on it? I think atleast druid or shaman should get it.

And is it anygood to a paladin? The only thing i think it would be good at for paladins is like a FoL specc with lots of AoE damage like festergut or BQ.

Atm I'm using Mag'hari Chieftain's Staff and I think the paladin used Lockjaw normal but he got trauma normal on a farmraid where i was passed. But both me and him are farming 10man heroic 11/12. So we both have chance to get lockjaw heroic this reset.

So guys, what do you think? wanted to get someone not from the guilds POV.

Re: Lost trauma to a paladin

It's best for resto druids. But it's not worthless for holy paladins, especially if they're HL specced (which about 95% of them are). My old guild had Trauma in the hands of every non-paladin healer, before the paladin healer finally decided to give it a try instead of it going to D/E. It made up about 3% of his overall healing on non-AoE fights, and about 5% on AoE fights. Nothing impressive, but probably better than Lockjaw reg.

Quit bitching. It's a great weapon for any healer.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

You can get one next time it drops? Trauma is good for paladins too (not as good but still)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

ok, thanks! then I'll suck it up!

I play Paladin main as a healer, and well Trauma aint teh best weapon out there for us, and teh splash healign from it it around what id imagen the glyph of holy light in terms of pure output. (mind yo ui never checked this witht he Paladins that got Trauma)

Problem really for p´Paladin is that its not so much to choose form in ICC (not sayign drids got a million kloots to pick either, but some variations is there for you guys) We bassicly got Lockjaw form 10 man, Trauma from 25 man, and ofc LK mace or sword, and now adays most of us are as high as we need to be on other stats as crit/haste/MP5/int, so we are startign to look at spellpower meaning we will basicly take any healing type of weapong we can thats 277.

But i do belive as you say that Trauma does more use in a Raid healers hand then a MT healer. But dont worry either lockjaw HC or Trauma will drop for you,

Tell your pallies to go back to Ulduar and farm for the Legendary. Give Trauma to the druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofaragon
    I play Paladin main as a healer, and well Trauma aint teh best weapon out there for us, and teh splash healign from it it around what id imagen the glyph of holy light in terms of pure output. (mind yo ui never checked this witht he Paladins that got Trauma)

Problem really for p´Paladin is that its not so much to choose form in ICC (not sayign drids got a million kloots to pick either, but some variations is there for you guys) We bassicly got Lockjaw form 10 man, Trauma from 25 man, and ofc LK mace or sword, and now adays most of us are as high as we need to be on other stats as crit/haste/MP5/int, so we are startign to look at spellpower meaning we will basicly take any healing type of weapong we can thats 277.

But i do belive as you say that Trauma does more use in a Raid healers hand then a MT healer. But dont worry either lockjaw HC or Trauma will drop for you,
    That's like what the paladin said so then I'll accept that and am only angry at myself for bitching about it.

Thanks for the quick replys! helped alot.

10+ Year Old Account

Trauma should go to in order

Druids
    Shamans
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest
    Paladins

Both druids are Shamans have Many more Heals-per-second fireing off that any other healing class. Followed closely by Holy priests, Disc gets good use of the SP on it and are normally haste capped anyway so the stat loss doesnt really affect them at all if they are raid bubbling. Holy Palas are botton on Prio for that weapon sorry to say. You should go back and Farm Valanyr as its still BiS as far as im aware in icc 25 due to Amazing proc scaling with both gear and the ICC shield buff.

i have that weapen on my paladin to but it sucks :P!

Deleted

No, i believe that an upgrade is an upgrade, and the person with most DKP is the one most needing an upgrade. Sure, it might be a bigger upgrade for the druid, but it is still an upgrade for the paladin. If he were to pass constantly on gear, just because he had to wait for his weapon, it could lead to a misbalance in the healers. Heck, resto druids are only battling moonkins (to a very small extent) and maybe shammies that wants a loot piece, so im thinking that probably makes up for it.

OP stop valuing your raid time over what drops you want or never got because someone else rolled higher or got it through more dkp or w/e other reason, Play for the game, The fun of spending time with friends,Killing new encounters and I guarentee your guild will value you more and you'll have a more happy time playing. Gear is always ncie to get ofc but ti should never be a motivation to raid.

its about worst in slot for any class.

honestly, on my shammy of all toons i'd probably eye the goddamn ten man chieftans staff, or dying light from easy to kill 25 H BQ over it.

thank him, he did you a favor and saved your dkp.

playing a Paladin healer, our guild uses EPGP lootmaster to work out the loots. Trauma HC dropped and i decided to roll on it for shits n giggles, thinking i'd never get it anyway since my prio was kinda low (as usual). turns out ym fellow healers looked at my weapon i was using at the time (some dagger from toc10 HC, with hit!), collaborated and all passed on it.

it was the most heartwarming moment ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguedmind
    playing a Paladin healer, our guild uses EPGP lootmaster to work out the loots. Trauma HC dropped and i decided to roll on it for shits n giggles, thinking i'd never get it anyway since my prio was kinda low (as usual). turns out ym fellow healers looked at my weapon i was using at the time (some dagger from toc10 HC, with hit!), collaborated and all passed on it.

Yeah sure :
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguedmind

I call shenanigans.. Paladins w/ daggers??! What is this world coming to?
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnap
    its about worst in slot for any class.

honestly, on my shammy of all toons i'd probably eye the goddamn ten man chieftans staff, or dying light from easy to kill 25 H BQ over it.

thank him, he did you a favor and saved your dkp.
    Uhhhhh..... no. Just no.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by ATTHEREADY
    I call shenanigans.. Paladins w/ daggers??! What is this world coming to?
    swords, daggers, all the same. stat stick with a pointy end.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=48701 that one

Quote Originally Posted by Gnap
    hey troll Paladins cant wear daggers troll on
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin