Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Dual Wield Elemental Shaman in Cataclysm is spam..

Quote Originally Posted by Aziak
    Guys its not going to work.
    Few reasons

1.There is no one handed weapon with spell power
    2.Shaman without shield is dead shaman
    3.Read 2
    4.Read 3
    5.Read 4

Please dont make any more new posts.
    When was the last time you took physical damage in a raid? The armor will be negligible as they are boosting everyone's armor to be closer in cataclysm. There was a blue post on it. If your talking about block, you have a 5%ish chance to block. Your block amount is patheti-sad.

As for there not being any one hand spell damage weapons, how hard was it for them to change them all to main hand? It wasn't hard. It was easy. So how hard will it be to change them all to one hand? It won't be hard. It'll be just as easy.

I imagine that they will make shields be more for PVP where it's ok to give up some damage for more survivability and dual wielding will be more for PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by aiden2002

As for there not being any one hand spell damage weapons, how hard was it for them to change them all to main hand? It wasn't hard. It was easy. So how hard will it be to change them all to one hand? It won't be hard. It'll be just as easy.

I imagine that they will make shields be more for PVP where it's ok to give up some damage for more survivability and dual wielding will be more for PVE.
    they wont do that, since it will be to OP, Weapons now have what? 700 SP and shields 100 so without any enchants we would be 600 SP ahead of every1 else, that wont happen anytime soon, for the rest i agree with you.

Re: Elemental/Restoration Dual wielding in cata.

As Elemental shaman you can actually get both the dual wield talent AND all the necessary Elemental single-target dps talents. The problem is that your AoE will SUCK badly because you'll have to give up earthquake and thunderstorm, along with elemental reach and impr. fire nova. Is it worth it? If the talent tree stays the same way it is now(which I seriously doubt, it will get changed a hundred of times before cataclysm) then it *could* be benificial for purely single-target fights for Elemental shamans to dual wield a mainhand epic wep and a green or blue OH weapon with flametongue.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=11927

In fact for Resto shamans it will be easy-mode(again as it looks NOW) to get DW without skipping any essential resto talents;

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=11927

Deleted

The only reason Dual-Wield is now a 30-level talent is for leveling-issues. Nothing more.
    But it would be awesome to wear two Fist-weapons as a caster, like Orcs Shaman in W3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypants
    they wont do that, since it will be to OP, Weapons now have what? 700 SP and shields 100 so without any enchants we would be 600 SP ahead of every1 else, that wont happen anytime soon, for the rest i agree with you.
    I was thinking exactly this. Blizzard isn't going to let one class be able to pick up as much as 600 extra spelldamage on top of their existing damage output.

Either they will balance elemental shamans around having two 1-handers, in which case you will be weak if you choose to use a shield, or they will keep it as it is and not force elemental shaman into dual-wielding.

Do you really want elemental shamans to be balanced around the fact that they need 2 spelldamage weapons? Imagine the headache! As it is now, you obtain a great weapon and you're set and happy because weapon is a huge damage boost. Imagine having to do it twice in order to even compete...

15+ Year Old Account

I am going to assume they are going to make more SP weapons (one hand weapons) so they can DW. There is a reason that they moved DW up the tree. And there is no way that they would allow ele and resto shamans to be rolling on Melee Weps. they had to change the way the loot system worked so plate wearers weren't rolling on mail gear and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Björnen

So what you're saying is 8.5k armor will add survivability when you're one-shotted by a boss? Atleast not in wotlk mate. If the boss is even on you I take it the tank is dead or you overaggroed. Either way, it doesn't look good for you.
    Now imagine the armor and block gone, replaced by a good amount of spellpower. (Flametongue and Sp enchant.)

What do you think would be best?

quite agree

and one hand weapon itself offer more haste hit rating than shields
    and according to our new skill “Unleash Weapon (level 81) ” ,to use two flametongue is a good choose

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...O9w9bFy,,11927

Quite easy to get dual-wield while still having a lot of the core ele talents. Have to give up booming echoes though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Of course, there's the matter of survivability as well.

What does a shield give? A little armour, a little block. Against most opponants, not a big deal. What do a lot of PvP weapons give? Stamina. And lots of it.

With some weapons I can see it working. Even with some weapons with agility/ap on them. Sometimes you take wasted stats (remember when some Mail items were BiS for Fury Warriors, despite the intellect?) because the rest of the stats are so good.

Not going to say its going to be uber amazing. But it might give a small edge if properly calculated.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by roger_66
    and one hand weapon itself offer more haste hit rating than shields
    No.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50676;50616
    Shields offer bigger secondary caster stats than melee-weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro
    Of course, there's the matter of survivability as well.

What does a shield give? A little armour, a little block. Against most opponants, not a big deal. What do a lot of PvP weapons give? Stamina. And lots of it.

With some weapons I can see it working. Even with some weapons with agility/ap on them. Sometimes you take wasted stats (remember when some Mail items were BiS for Fury Warriors, despite the intellect?) because the rest of the stats are so good.

Not going to say its going to be uber amazing. But it might give a small edge if properly calculated.
    Well... huh... if you want to think about it that way... go PvE-gear.
    Without a shield you'll lose a shitload of armor. You might gain a tiny bit of Stamina (don't know, never been interested in PvP-items) but you'll still be raped by melee. A lot.
    So if you can choose "Do I want a tad more SP and risk getting totally raped or do I want to have a shield and less SP?", why not choose "Do I want a LOT more SP/Crit/Haste and totally risk getting raped or do I want to survive?". The second means to choose between PvE and PvP-gear.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=28572
    With 3 Spellpower so sockets could serve as your offhand.
    I don't really know if it's better than any haste/crit offhand weapon from ICC (probably not).

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=28572
    With 3 Spellpower so sockets could serve as your offhand.
    I don't really know if it's better than any haste/crit offhand weapon from ICC (probably not).
    even with 3x 39sp jc gems in that it wouldnt match upto a shield/offhand

i understand the excitement but can people please just think about all this dual wield crap logically for a second....it wont happen and if blizz ever intended for it they wouldnt have changed all caster weaps to main hand, we will keep using shield/offhands in cata not dual wield...
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    even with 3x 39sp jc gems in that it wouldnt match upto a shield/offhand

i understand the excitement but can people please just think about all this dual wield crap logically for a second....it wont happen and if blizz ever intended for it they wouldnt have changed all caster weaps to main hand, we will keep using shield/offhands in cata not dual wield...
    but with flametongue thats another 250 SP on your offhand you cant do that to a shield

Quote Originally Posted by deathmagnus
    but with flametongue thats another 250 SP on your offhand you cant do that to a shield
    i'm eager to konw how "Unleash Weapon " works
    will we get more benifit from dual weapon with frametongue?

I don't even know why people are bringing up the armor loss/block loss as a valid argument.
    I mean are you serious? Its not like were aren't getting more armor from our gear, i am pretty sure that we are.

But that's not the point, the last time i may have blocked something was during Bonestorm, and that's is not that hard to heal through.

If you're worried about the Fire Marrowgar killing all the shaman in the raid then the problem is elsewhere honestly.
    Otherwise clothies wouldn't be invited to raids unless they were demo, frost and disc only or had all pvp gear.

I feel like the people that are complaining are probably not shamans and are probably afraid that shaman will be taking their gear, which then i can see a problem, but people eventually learned to deal with it with Fury Warriors.

Plus even though Blizzard never mentioned shaman would be dual wielding as casters, they didn't ever say that we wouldn't be able too. Back then when it was available, we didn't have enough points and didn't go all the way down the elemental tree, now we have enough to do both w/o risking much.

Prediction: It might actually hit live like it is in alpha right now, but it will be more attractive to use a shield later on since FT wont scale any higher while the gear will. Then again, they might not make the shield more attractive because then it completely rules out staffs [and dont give that shaman cant use staves BS because in the end all casters have alternatives and there is no real Staff only class]