Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage spec for cataclysm!!!!!

Post your want to have mage spec for cataclysm.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...5,q3J-RO,11927

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mage spec for cataclysm!!!!!

operating under the assumption that TtW is being scrapped, i'd roll with this.

though honestly, it's way too early to tell anything.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    operating under the assumption that TtW is being scrapped, i'd roll with this.
    If we're operating under assumptions why not add to this the assumption that our talent tress will completely change and it's pretty daft to create a spec now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    If we're operating under assumptions why not add to this the assumption that our talent tress will completely change and it's pretty daft to create a spec now.
    because he asked, and i was explaining why i didn't pick up TtW. also, my second statement already said what you said but said it first, so you sir are a copy cat. lastly, the placement of talents such as IV won't change, so it's safe to assume a fire build could pick it up.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ghandi
    Post your want to have mage spec for cataclysm.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...5,q3J-RO,11927
    100% pushback? 0yd range increase? 3% hit?

Take away 5 points and that spec wouldn't even fly in WotLK let alone Cata. Not to mention the fact that the beta Mage talent trees don't even have the changes announced in the preview implemented yet. Pointless thread is pointless imo.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...4,q3J-RO,11927

You can ignore the glyphs, but without TtW, you can get spell impact and FM from the arcane tree and put enough points into frost to reach IV while still managing to have LB.

The only other fire option would be a classic FFB one with 5 random points.

It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin

You can ignore the glyphs, but without TtW, you can get spell impact and FM from the arcane tree and put enough points into frost to reach IV while still managing to have LB.

Move the points from Ignite into Incineration and Flame Throwing. Ignite is the Mastery for the fire tree, likely meaning the talent wont be there.

10+ Year Old Account

What Rhadik said.
    Also - Won't Frost Warding be completely useless? i'm gonna go ahead and say they're either going to do a major revamp of it or change it into something else altogether. i just pulled the 2 points out of it and put 1 into permafrost and filled the last point in frostbite.
    i miss IV, i can't wait to run with something like this.
    FM and IV AND LB. i am one happy little mageling.
    /squee

Ah yes, wards will be removed and ignite will change.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

i still dont get why they removed wards, damp magic, eh thats fine i never used it, but wards saved my ass countless times throughout wrath
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by hellpyre
    i still dont get why they removed wards, damp magic, eh thats fine i never used it, but wards saved my ass countless times throughout wrath
    Wards are definitely one of the more interesting spells we have. I don't really like the change, but I can't say I'm that upset about it.

Student of the Mind, Torment the Weak, Arcane Meditation, Arcane Mind, Arcane Instability, Mind Mastery, Spell Power and Netherwind Presence will probably be scrapped or changed.

You cannot make a specc at all at the moment without seeing some alpha talents first. Just try to specc a moonkin with the old tree, and then try put those talents into the new tree. It wont look the same at all.

I thought they were only removing Amp/Damp magic. This makes me a sad panda not having my wards anymore. I remember our first night doing Hodir, Frost Warding was so OP. Recount said I gained 2x my max mana pool.

It was also fun reflecting a shaman's Lava Burst back at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik
    I thought they were only removing Amp/Damp magic. This makes me a sad panda not having my wards anymore. I remember our first night doing Hodir, Frost Warding was so OP. Recount said I gained 2x my max mana pool.

It was also fun reflecting a shaman's Lava Burst back at them.
    Well, they want to remove as many boring % talents as possible. Like, how fun is 6% haste as a talent? So the talents I mentioned will probably be scrapped or changed. And yes, goodbye dear wards, I will miss you <3 Frostwarding giving me 10k+ mana on Deathwhisper, and spellreflect-killing destrolocks <3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shwaam
    Well, they want to remove as many boring % talents as possible. Like, how fun is 6% haste as a talent? So the talents I mentioned will probably be scrapped or changed. And yes, goodbye dear wards, I will miss you <3 Frostwarding giving me 10k+ mana on Deathwhisper, and spellreflect-killing destrolocks <3
    Hell yes is 6% free haste fun lol.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy
    Hell yes is 6% free haste fun lol.
    Good yes, fun no.

Why the hell are we theorycrafting specs from alpha builds?

Edit: I just realized it hasnt even been updated for alpha

so i rephrase my question

Why the hell are we building cata specs with talents that wont even make it to beta

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...NaR4,eSJ,11927

What about this!? Puh-puh-pom pyro. 2 min CD for Arcane Power + Combustion. 100% mana regen while casting LOL. Depending on how the Arc Missile thing goes, this could be an interesting type of build. You would get arcane empowerment and imp scorch for those that think we would get replaced without hero/lust/TW/whateveryouwannacallit. Scorch>pompyro>hspyro>fb. If arcane missile procs (depending on length of the buff) maybe cast a couple ab's before popping AP+Comb. and then use the AM then go back to spammin fb's. I dunno just thought it's be a neat way to truly combine the trees. Watchas think?

Quote Originally Posted by Siddarta
    Why the hell are we theorycrafting specs from alpha builds?

Edit: I just realized it hasnt even been updated for alpha

so i rephrase my question

Why the hell are we building cata specs with talents that wont even make it to beta
    Simple.. Because we can.

any idea when they might update the mage trees?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    a burglar has broken into my house while i was tanking yogg so i let him do what ever he wanted cause we were in phase 3....reported him later and he got caught the next day.

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Andriustin