Poll: World PvP ----- Is Red Dead These Days???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Red is Dead

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp View Post
    For me, it's red = dead; blue = make it red & dead.

There's a whole bunch of mean and dirty ways to get one go red, and then proceed to kill them. Loving every moment of it.
    how brave, why not roll on pvp server? you sound like "i only engage when its 100% win"

Generally anything red, i'll ignore unless provoked. Heres something funny.

I was in westfall doing the midsummer festival thingy, saw a level 23 lock, and i just walked past him. Then he starts doing pre standard emotes on me, which I can see. Forcasts of doom, threaten, i turn around right up to him, moonfire, 1 shot him and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    red dead redemption?!!? sry i'm gonna leave now, i'm to old(stupid) for this

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Quote Originally Posted by wingcommander View Post
    Generally anything red, i'll ignore unless provoked. Heres something funny.

I was in westfall doing the midsummer festival thingy, saw a level 23 lock, and i just walked past him. Then he starts doing pre standard emotes on me, which I can see. Forcasts of doom, threaten, i turn around right up to him, moonfire, 1 shot him and move on.
    I question the truth in this statement. Westfall is an Alliance area. Odds are, that Warlock was Alliance since Westfall is for generally up to 26 in which case, PVP server or not, you wouldn't be able to just Moonfire him.

Now, if you're Alliance and he was Horde, he's an idiot for coming all the way there.

Quote Originally Posted by ejzo View Post
    no i dont, i dont feel like destroying his gaming experience

I'm sorry but... What?

On a pvp server its part of the game, on a PVE server if you are marked you are asking for it.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    I'm sorry but... What?

On a pvp server its part of the game, on a PVE server if you are marked you are asking for it.
    It depends on the situation, I guess. Killing someone of the opposite faction is one thing. In most cases, camping is a sign that you suck at fair PVP otherwise. You can prove this theory when you bring your main, kill them and then they bring theirs... and you still kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Relictus View Post

Sometimes I visit Orgrimmar out of boredom, and end up with 10-20 people sitting outside RFC trying to kill me.
    That's a bitch move, Santa.

Red is dead. PvE gear without trinket ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodeath View Post
    I question the truth in this statement. Westfall is an Alliance area. Odds are, that Warlock was Alliance since Westfall is for generally up to 26 in which case, PVP server or not, you wouldn't be able to just Moonfire him.

Now, if you're Alliance and he was Horde, he's an idiot for coming all the way there.
    Mildly geared 80 druid should be able to 1 shot a level 23 with moonfire...

I voted yes, but I do take pause based on level. I personally do not like ganking low levels, that isn't fun for me. Now, if a level 30 decided to gank my level 10 alt, then I have no problem hunting them down on my 80. Still, I don't corpse camp unless they are being assholes or ganked my alts, and I don't go after anybody more than 10 levels below me, and I rarely go after somebody more than 5 levels below me.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodeath View Post
    It depends on the situation, I guess. Killing someone of the opposite faction is one thing. In most cases, camping is a sign that you suck at fair PVP otherwise. You can prove this theory when you bring your main, kill them and then they bring theirs... and you still kill them.
    Ok point taken but i dont chill at the ICC stone and just gank people repeatedly.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Yeah, red is dead.
    If blue, do /spit /rofl, then he's red and dead. Works always.

if the guy goes on /spit /lol etc then i will attack but 1. i wont chase after a guy trough the whole zone just to kill him, 2. i wont kill lowbies unless see 1. , 3. if the guy is stealing my mobs or mining then ill engage in a fight- if i loose then fair play[ i generally dont nerdrage].

what gets on my nerves is that guy: he attacks you, you kill him, he resses-gets back to full/buffs everything he can and then attacks you again and looses again or runs for his life. then he either 1. makes an alt on your side and starts to spam you or 2. he brings like 4-5 friends just to annoy you because he is that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Im one of those guys who tries to kill anyone even though they are better geared than me, my friends are quite the opposite. When a little ally comes and /waves at me I give me a swing with my axe!

Depends. I'm on a non-pvp server, but I'm not a bluewaller. Any character that i use that has no stealth, i will at least let them know i'm coming after them instead of using Hammer of justice as my first skill while im flagged blue like a cheap bitch.

Any characters where i can use stealth though? I'm obviously not going to announce anything, and i will jump you if you happen to disrupt my quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Well, on a PvE server, most of the time they are yellow, and I guess yellow is mellow. I don't know what I'm talking about.

If they are in a home city, yeah I go after them to kill. If I'm out in the normal world I won't bother killing someone who is under lvl 80, unless they are killing quest givers or something. If they are 80 and flagged, yeah I'm gonna mess with them.

if they're low level - naw. i might mess with em by casting blind or throwing a knife that deals 90% of their hp, but not kill them.

if they're low level and think they're safe in their own faction's city - hell yes >: )

if they're my level - no

if they're my level and attack me first - always.

if they're my level and attack me while fishing - not only will you not get that easy hk, i'll escape, beat you to death with my newly equipped weapons, and then camp you, while fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    On my PvP server, yes, that is how i play, you rarely see players out in the open anymore anyway, just my part in trying to bring world PvP back little by little, i miss the ganking.

My main is a soft squishy healer with no dps offspec so i generally avoid world pvp on her. my hunter, DK or any dps class alt i happen to be leveling up though its on like donkey kong.

Quote Originally Posted by jagr5410 View Post
    This reminds of a fun story, I was on my 74 warrior in grizzly hills when a 78 rogue flew past me. He was red of course. I /taunted him.

Being 4 levels above me naturally he accepted the challenge. I proceeded to skillstorm his face off then camped him /laughing in joy.

The moral of the story is yes red is dead.
    Lucky for you he wasn't leveling combat like he should have been... winspree will destroy you during your skillstorm.

I generally kill any 80s I see in my path, or non 80s if theyre farming what I am.