Use of Moonkin form in Cataclysm?

notice how this form has now changed? it's back to classic days...it ony gives armor now .. and the improved talent is necessary for the 6% crit aura.

however with 2 boomkins in the raid only one needs to be in Boomkin form.
    To be honest, i'd have preferred the aura to be passive also.. and boommkin form have some utility spells unique to it.

So it is looking like you're not going to have to be in that form constantly. i don't like Furor providing 10% intellect in moonkin form because you lose it when multi-switching which you will do in pvp alot.

Re: Use of Moonkin form in Cataclysm?

Hate moonkin form Look like shit, and you never get to show off your armor!

Hope they do something simular to what they did to tree form, and give us some sort of passive armor bonus like the one from imp. barkskin!

But i try to not take the alpha builds too seriously yet

you never boomkin tanked?
    Tycat was here

I would love if they made Improved Moonkin Form give a passive crit aura regardless of the form the Druid is in.

Moonkins, Feralkin and those owlbeasts were NEVER spellcasters, they were physically strong.

Moonkin Form should be turned into a CD, making Moonkins able to melee stuff a little bit, like Owlkins do, whilst having a boost of some sort to Moonfire.

I like Moonkin form, it is cute, but it is something not present in lore at all, especially in druid lore. Druids shapechange when they want to do something their regular forms cannot provide and humanoids are great spellcasters.

As for Furor, I wish that was turned into a passive talent not tied to the form the druid is in.

honestly moonkin form IMO was just to make druids feel like druids. kinda dumb to have a druid shape-shifter who doesn't turn into animals. also blizzard chose to make moonkins the caster shapeshift because, why else, they are MOONKINS... THEY LOVE THE MOON SO MUCH THAT ITS IN THEIR NAMES. you guys are geese :P

I would love to see moonkin form as choise talent and not something we have to take. It would be nice if they give all bonuses to be on nelf form except the armor(for logical reasons). If u want to take moonkin form then take it if u dont then dont take it everyone will be happy with this

Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    honestly moonkin form IMO was just to make druids feel like druids. kinda dumb to have a druid shape-shifter who doesn't turn into animals. also blizzard chose to make moonkins the caster shapeshift because, why else, they are MOONKINS... THEY LOVE THE MOON SO MUCH THAT ITS IN THEIR NAMES. you guys are geese :P
    really ? I heard it was because it was the only way they could implement an aura mechanic like the 3% crit without massive re-writes, also it helped ensure raids wouldn't compel balnce specced druids to heal instead of dps.

And yes, moonkin i thought was always a feral beast, it does have the Elune connection, i would have though Children of Cenarius models would be picked, seeing they are half beast in shape even though they're humanoid, and they're highly intelligent.

WIth moonkin form, i would prefer the aura to be passive, and moonkin form end up something similar to resto, maybe:
    1. an interesting dynamic that has you doing more damage at a full Lunar eclipse in moonkin form for 10 sec and on a full solar eclipse you do more damage in caster form for 10 secs... that way you're shifting in between moonkin and caster form.
    2. And also maybe moonkin form could activate an ability like a trinket that allows your normal balance offensive spells to do something extraordinary for about 15secs on a cooldown
    3. Some utility abilities, like a slow fall, calll it a moonflap that youc an use in slow fall, and maybe a moonslide whih is like a blink but instead you quickly slide forward a few yards

Like this shapeshifting is dynamic for a balance druid, you're sometomes in caster sometimes in moonkin but only at eclipse ends, in between you can stay in whatever form you want - only changing when you need the slow fall or slide utiliies, and for 15 seconds every 2-5mins when your spells are empowered.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon
    really ? I heard it was because it was the only way they could implement an aura mechanic like the 3% crit without massive re-writes, also it helped ensure raids wouldn't compel balnce specced druids to heal instead of dps.
    Which is funny, because they ended up doing massive rewrites anyway, to allow for talents to give passive aura bonuses.

Well, if the talents were to stay like this (which they wont ofc), then you would still loose 10% int and 4% spelldamage from standing outside form, from Furor and Shapeshifting bonus thing in resto tree.

Deleted

Alpha disclaimer:

CHILL! It's just gone out. Anything and everything might be part of a grand plan.

--

That moonkin form only gives armor hints towards that they haven't decided on the bonus yet. It doesn't mean that it will look like that at all. In fact, I strongly doub that they would give a form nothing more than armor.