Thread: Archaeology

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Archaeology

You already can have three: fishing, cooking, and first aid. So yes, you'll be able to pick up Archaeology, secondaries aren't limited.

I don't actually think we can make the Ancient Glyphs. I could be wrong, but even if we can make them, I don't think you'll be able to sell them on the AH. They'll probably be something you either trade for Archaeology stuff/ buy from the Archaeology trainer, and be BoP. Even if you can make them they'll probably be BoP. Path of the Titans is constructed very differently than Inscription is.

Re: Archaeology

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage
    You already can have three: fishing, cooking, and first aid. So yes, you'll be able to pick up Archaeology, secondaries aren't limited.

I don't actually think we can make the Ancient Glyphs. I could be wrong, but even if we can make them, I don't think you'll be able to sell them on the AH. They'll probably be something you either trade for Archaeology stuff/ buy from the Archaeology trainer, and be BoP. Even if you can make them they'll probably be BoP. Path of the Titans is constructed very differently than Inscription is.
    What I've come to the conclusion is - the more you do of a certain aspect of WoW the deeper you unlock that certain thing's Path in Path of the Titans.
    An example would be the Ancient Glyph Blizz displayed at Blizzcon increasing healing received from bandages. What I'm guessing is that you can obtain that Glyph by simply having maxed out First Aid or have done certain First Aid requirements in order to further advance the profession with the Path.

That would make all aspects of WoW potential candidates for Paths.

Another example would be if you PVE you get raid wide bonuses or abilities.
    What I'm thinking is a kind of personal Guild Achievements system. If you don't happen to remember what they are I suggest you look them up. But mainly they just let you choose what your guild wants to do mainly - grind, PVP, PVE, vanity stuff, etc. So, in my opinion the Paths would be something along those lines but in a personal, single character perspective.

And what I'm also thinking is that everyone can obtain the glyphs as long as you unlock that certain Path you want.

I thought they took out the path of the titans and changed the glyphs to medium glyphs because as it stood, it was not a secondary prof because you could not compete without it.

You may notice that this thread is months old, before the recently-announced dump of Archaeology as a gateway profession into Path of the Titans.