Thread: Why so whiny?

Why so whiny?

This is the question that's been on my mind lately.

Being a regular reader of mmo-champion I also visit the forums from time to time. What strikes me is the amount of QQ going around.

People whine about how (something) ruins or ruined the game. That (something) can be but is not limited to: casuals, elitists, blizzard, GS, AVR, paladins, tbc, wotlk, cata, arena, badge system, lfg system, honor changes, nerfs, hardmodes, noobs, easy gear etc.

I have managed to keep a healthy and positive attitude towards the game because that's what it is. A game, something I could enjoy, "an amusement or pastime" according to google. So I don't really understand those who whine over the tiniest aspects of the game, often directed at blizzard like it's going to matter. The last memorable moment was when someone QQd in the hunter forums how there's only two new pet models in cataclysm. apparently there were pictures of crab and alligator models posted on the front page of mmo-champion so this was enough to make such generalization and whine over it.

So my question is: why so whiny? Is it difficult to just enjoy the game as it is and the people playing it? Wouldn't you feel better overall if you did that?

Re: Why so whiny?

People who feel stongly about something want to know if others feel the same way.

15+ Year Old Account

May I offer my condolences, in advance, on the impending loss of your sanity.

Good luck mate.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Why so whiny about whiner? just ignore them

Because the whiners have nothing better to do in life. Some just want to complain just so they can complain. Some enjoy complaining. Others do it out of boredom.

Then some post really lame image jokes for repeated threads (note above) because what they believe is funny, actually isn't.

Deleted

Why so whiny? I farted and it was wet...

This game is old, there's still nothing else better out there.

The only thing left to do is whine.

10+ Year Old Account

Same reason people bitch about petty ass things IRL as well - they have nothing better to do and they are petty/small minded. With that said, I am sure we ALL have our things we bitch about/"QQ" that are unfounded. I know for myself that when AVR first came out I made an angry post and was considering quitting raiding if my guild made me use it, but now that I have tried AVR I see that it doesn't really do much other than remove failure's excuses for failing.

As you can see by some of the above posts, these people are everywhere, as well as stupids who think they are clever. Best of luck to you, as someone else said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I believe it's because since they are behind their screens they can act like children with little to no consequence.
    Invisible fire is scary fire- Capt_jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Maven
    Why so whiny about whiner? just ignore them
    I kind of did. With all the negative attitude going around in and outside of the game I thought to myself, what is the reason of playing an MMO if I don't enjoy the people playing it? I could as well play a single player game then, effectively ignoring all possible whiners.

So I'm on a tiny break from the game because of it. Ironically I don't enjoy the game because of the people who don't enjoy the game for other reasons. Perhaps if I get a better understanding of the reasons behind the QQ, I could do a better job at ignoring it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza
    I kind of did. With all the negative attitude going around in and outside of the game I thought to myself, what is the reason of playing an MMO if I don't enjoy the people playing it? I could as well play a single player game then, effectively ignoring all possible whiners.

So I'm on a tiny break from the game because of it. Ironically I don't enjoy the game because of the people who don't enjoy the game for other reasons. Perhaps if I get a better understanding of the reasons behind the QQ, I could do a better job at ignoring it.
    Find a decent guild, remove yourself from trade chat and restrict your in-game interaction, as much as possible, to your guild-mates.

Oh, and stop reading posts on this forum.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza
    This is the question that's been on my mind lately.

Being a regular reader of mmo-champion I also visit the forums from time to time. What strikes me is the amount of QQ going around.

People whine about how (something) ruins or ruined the game. That (something) can be but is not limited to: casuals, elitists, blizzard, GS, AVR, paladins, tbc, wotlk, cata, arena, badge system, lfg system, honor changes, nerfs, hardmodes, noobs, easy gear etc.

I have managed to keep a healthy and positive attitude towards the game because that's what it is. A game, something I could enjoy, "an amusement or pastime" according to google. So I don't really understand those who whine over the tiniest aspects of the game, often directed at blizzard like it's going to matter. The last memorable moment was when someone QQd in the hunter forums how there's only two new pet models in cataclysm. apparently there were pictures of crab and alligator models posted on the front page of mmo-champion so this was enough to make such generalization and whine over it.

So my question is: why so whiny? Is it difficult to just enjoy the game as it is and the people playing it? Wouldn't you feel better overall if you did that?
    Hmmmm... a little bit of a hypocrite are we? You do realize you just wrote a Wall'o Text QQ... right?

Because people really will complain about ANYTHING.