Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: We have just been ripped off HARD.

They are helping the totem issue in pvp for enhancement atleast. As it is now enhancement shaman's totems will have 9% of the shaman's max health. Now that cleansing is gone I wouldn't mind seeing one of the big 3 earth totems becoming a water totem.

I play ele in pve so I just want to see a searing totem buff. More damage, which I think blizzard said was coming, and more range! In toc, during the worms and icehowl I would constantly have to keep re-dropping searing. It would bug out when the worms submerged even if they resurfaced in range. and when icehowl crashes into the wall it would be out of range. Just very rudimentary and clunky mechanics, that should have been addressed many patches ago.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Laritrus
    Not if people don't complain. I'm sure not many devs look at MMO-Champions forums (though I might be surprised), and the official forums might be a better place to voice concerns. But I'm pretty sure a majority of this game is built on player feedback.
    Not even close to the majority. Player feedback is critical, but its better for giving an idea of what direction to take instead of specific changes.

The problem is that all humans think that their answers are best, but really, we always want thing to be better from our perspective and have little regard for others. People need to be able to think critically and provide good analysis if they want their ideas to be heard.

As regard to this, I have an 80 shaman and an 80 DK, which are both crucial to this change in one aspect and I think its a smart one. First of all, hard counters in PvP are being looked down upon, as skill should be the major decider, not picking a class that can shut down others just because. Being a DK, I dread that cleansing totem as it negates my ability to hit really hard. As a shaman I laugh as I toy with DKs.

Besides that, the dispelling situation is currently unbalanced and outdated, this new system will make the choice of which class to play or bring on skill or personal preference and less on what the class brings, which usually means more overall fun for the community since more people can be involved.
    Start by assuming that everything you've ever known is a lie.....

Quote Originally Posted by annarion

All classes can dispel magic, druids get poison and curses added via talents, paladins get disease and poison added via talents, priests get disease added via talents, and offensive magic, shamans get poison via talents and offensive magic (purge.)

Looks pretty balanced to me.

This is just all wrong, please don't tell others they are wrong, only to post this rubbish. Shamans for one can't baseline dispel magic, only purge, and we are loosing our poison for a baseline curse removal. Dispel magic (from our allies) will be the resto talent.

Druids will have Disease Curse and Magic(talented). (one of those you can't do in boomkin form I think...like disease)
    Paly will have Disease Poison and Magic. (not sure which is going to be talented)
    Priest will have Disease Magic(offensive) Magic(defensive) (not sure which is going to be talented...and I think Disease can't be done in shadowform)
    Shaman will get Magic(offensive) Curse and Magic Defensive(talented).

IF any of that is wrong, plz correct me, as I can no longer find the post from blizz (it was posted before all the class previews I think).
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant
    They are helping the totem issue in pvp for enhancement atleast. As it is now enhancement shaman's totems will have 9% of the shaman's max health. Now that cleansing is gone I wouldn't mind seeing one of the big 3 earth totems becoming a water totem.

I play ele in pve so I just want to see a searing totem buff. More damage, which I think blizzard said was coming, and more range! In toc, during the worms and icehowl I would constantly have to keep re-dropping searing. It would bug out when the worms submerged even if they resurfaced in range. and when icehowl crashes into the wall it would be out of range. Just very rudimentary and clunky mechanics, that should have been addressed many patches ago.
    what Enh totems pose a threat in PvP...tremor offensively and eathbind defensively...they're both more like minor annoyances than an actual threat especially because you can easily be feared out of totem range before it pulses. You'll also have to switch out for earthbind if someone gets snared and you'll have to switch out to stoneclaw for the glyphed shield...so chances are you drop tremor when you think you're going to be feared but its never down there long enough to pose a huge threat because you're always rotating it out anyway...

this is especially true for Enh who is always on the move and in BGs can outrange his totems in a single fight easily often having to redrop them before anyone bothers killing them anyway...

my point is with the removal of cleansing you're probably better off spending those 3 talent points elsewhere because i'll bet you are more likely to redrop totems or rotate them out before someone actually bothers to take the time kill them instead of killing you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGoat

Druids will have Disease Curse and Magic(talented). (one of those you can't do in boomkin form I think...like disease)
    Paly will have Disease Poison and Magic. (not sure which is going to be talented)
    Priest will have Disease Magic(offensive) Magic(defensive) (not sure which is going to be talented...and I think Disease can't be done in shadowform)
    Shaman will get Magic(offensive) Curse and Magic Defensive(talented).
    Sounds to me like shamans were the only ones that got something flat removed. Everyone else had a part of theirs moved to a certain tree (which, granted, is the same as removing if you're say a shadow priest) but none of them had something they have today go completely bye-bye, and in the case of druids, didn't change at all, just got a new talent for more benefit (abolish poisons i guess could be one thing)

My point is this: Who cares about curses anyway? How many would you general see in pvp? You'd have 1-2 zealous warlocks and..maybe a polymorhped target and that's it. Diseases and poisons were handy because of how far they'd go. I just don't see why shamans need to lose both and not just the cleansing totem. why not druid lose poison and get offensive and defensive? why take an already week pvp class and make them weaker? I have no ideas on what could counteract this in such a way that would make up for the lose of diseases/poisons AND move us up to challenges in pvp :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    As it seems right now, Priest can dispel 3 magic debuffs at once, paladins can dispel 2 deseases 2 poisons and 2 magical debuffs, all at once. Shaman, at this point, seems to have 1 curse 1 magic debuff. Don't know what Druids get though.
    If you don't beliefe me, there is a thread in this forum about spells that were added or changed in the alpha (which didn't appear on the front page but were added in the mmo database). Can't be arsed too look for it though.
    I don't think all healers need to have precisely the same dispel mechanics to function properly.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Further proves how much blizzard likes rogues and dks.

Cleansing totem is one if not the best pvp/pve (more pvp wise) totem in the game and its gonna be insane to pvp without it in cata.

Personally if they remove cleansing totem they need to drastically lower the chance for classes to apply poisons,diseases and magic effects (not so much magic effects).I already see pvp being broken without most classes being able to cure/dispell.

so shamans wont be able to dispel poisons at all now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme
    Cleansing totem is one if not the best pvp/pve (more pvp wise) totem in the game and its gonna be insane to pvp without it in cata.
    No, it would be insane to pvp without it right now. Once we're playing an entire game balanced around no Cleansing totem I doubt it will seem so offensive to you.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

People really like reading 1 piece of news and then complaining?

1) Dispelling will be mana costly for everyone. You won't want to spam dispel anymore. I doubt any class will keep a defensive dispel that removes more than 1 debuff.

2) Druids are losing abolish poison and it seems removing poisons altogether.

3) ALL MS debuffs will be physical debuffs (can't be removed) with a -20% healing effect. (So in pvp remove poison is nearly useless now.)

4) Goblins got some sick looking totems (Just look at them they pwn)

5) All class balancing happens in beta when some people have reached 85. First the zones get tested (do you fall through the earth at places? Can you turn in quests? Do the monsters respawn? Do special quests work? ...) and the new mechanics for spells/abilities will need testing (solarbeam, healing rain, camouflage, ...) Only when all that's done, balancing classes will start.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I like a lot of your arguments against what I was saying, I could also see some of you could see where I was coming from about the issue. However I see it as we lost our to remove TWO DIFFERENT types of debuffs BASELINE in order to ONE type of debuff removal talented. Regardless of purge, we lost out plain and simple.

I do agree though, it is early days yet, but if we don't put our concerens out there then people will never know.

~_^

I disagree with your entire way of thinking.

If you look at every change as "losing" something, instead of actually thinking of a class/spec as a whole you'll never be happy with any expansion.

Things change and contexts change. You need to understand both.