are you raid viable?

i came across this article which interest me some.

http://www.wow.com/2010/05/06/icc-dp...spec/#thankYou

now i know this isnt exact representation or anything but in this day and age i noticed a few things that im really not that fond of. First off for me personally destro is basically fail. Its behind in near every category. Now idk maybe lower skilled players play destro and more skilled play the other two on avg but basically im tired of switching back and forth so much on a whim. What happened to putting things in line. Sure the author says that all classes are within 10%(besides rogues) but even 10% do you guys find fair? Also me as destro is way back there. it would seem to me that some things even now are do this or go home?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Re: are you raid viable?

Some specs just do less raid dps than others. For example, BM hunters will do less than marks, arms warriors will do less than fury, sub rogues will do less than combat/assn, frost mages will do less than arcane, and so on. You just have to decide if the utility of a given spec (for destro, replenishment) is worth the inevitable loss in dps. But ya if you're raiding and want to max raid and personal dps, go with demo or affliction, kinda just how it is right now.

its not just a little bit. Its alot! most of the fights are built around damage. However you look at it mostly its damage. Saurfang adds, rotface burning, sindy tombs, putr adds, etc more dmg makes it an easier fight. And if everyone is say 10% below what the "should" be then this makes for very difficult time. its like taking someone to raid who has wrong enchants or blue gems instead of epic ones. You dont do this so why take someone who is not optimal spec really?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Being optimal is never static, you need to re-gear, re-glyph, re-spec, and re-roll. However ambitious you are determines how optimal you choose to be, with every tier change trinket proc, enchant discovery, glyph creation, and set bonus what was optimal will change from what is optimal

15+ Year Old Account

I'm skeptical of these "top 20 dps parses of X spec", especially things like frost mages and subtlety rogues. If you're in one of the most competitive guilds, you don't use these specs. Your dps are specced for the highest possible dps maintaining any critical raid utility, and that means they're not one of these specs.

Assume that the top guilds might take one of these strange pure-utility specs for that purpose, rather than their dps. Even still, that's 0-1 per raid, rather than the high dps specs, of which there might be multiple (e.g., 2 mages or 2 warlocks). How many of these top raids would include 2 frost mages?

So no, I don't think this is a valid comparison. To be honest, I don't really know how to "fix" the comparison, either -- take only raids where both that spec and another is represented and compare the two? Ignore this fact and use the comparison anyway, even though it's invalid? I don't know.

this way of thinking is a bit off... to use "best" specc and whatever.

it cant be said enough.... to say for example... a good player in a "bad" specc, will still be competative compaired to a bad player with a good specc.

its all about the cooldowns yáll

Yes, did 12.4k dps on fester nrm as demo lock today, being #3 on damage meters after an affl lock with 13k and a rogue with 12.9

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    So no, I don't think this is a valid comparison. To be honest, I don't really know how to "fix" the comparison, either -- take only raids where both that spec and another is represented and compare the two? Ignore this fact and use the comparison anyway, even though it's invalid? I don't know.
    The only remotely decent way of doing this is to sim the specs in their respective BiS gears, and unfortunately then all the encounter specific stuff washes out.