Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Dreamwalker 25M Heroic Pet question

Quote Originally Posted by Klokker
    I agree, blizz made the boss so as you didn't need to change pet to get dreamwalker on full HP. So if you really need to change pet to try "take her down" i guess your just not ready to take her :P
    Every little bit helps when you're progressing. If it was something hard ok but... switching your pet and parking it under the boss? Your Ferocity pet on this fight doesn't have a ton of use anyway. It's like a mild version of doing a progress boss without Blessing of Kings.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleguitar
    Every little bit helps when you're progressing. If it was something hard ok but... switching your pet and parking it under the boss? Your Ferocity pet on this fight doesn't have a ton of use anyway. It's like a mild version of doing a progress boss without Blessing of Kings.
    as this guy said, pet dps really isnt something to write home about on this fight. in the same breath, the extra pet healing isnt all that much either (as someone else previously said).

with high stacks, and holy lights popping off at 100k will give 14k splash heals with the tenacity pet. splash heals using themsevles typically will only generate 10k splash at this level of stacks. so the pet is providing 4k extra healing every holy light per paladin...towards the end of the fight. instead of doing 110k hps at the end, you're doing 114k hps at the end ... 3.63% healing increase on the boss. thats technically 3.63% less time on the boss. roughly 10 seconds off a 5 minute fight. not that big of a deal. on heroic mode...every little bit counts. no point in not using it, but usually if you're having issues finishing the fight, your issues are probably controlling the fight more than healing the boss.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    Or we want to do it as fast as possible because we don't want to spent that much time on faceroll bosses?
    Then just do it, if it just is a "faceroller" boss d: Think they have a little snag aking her down, anyway u are right about the dmg but a wolf give your ekstra ap and it have a 3min cd og ekstra ap too so you lose dps yourself, but well take a gorilla if you like.. We didn't need it

Deleted

so since the fix its not worth doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg
    so since the fix its not worth doing this?
    There has not been any fix. Beacon hasn't transferred % healing modifiers for a long time, and the glyph has always double/triple dipped from % healing modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    We don't even need a hunter at all, we 24-manned it. But anything that makes it go faster is a bonus.
    And like I said: At the last minute our Holy Light DOES heal for 40% more.
    Hero! want some kind of medal ?? Anyway the man didn't ask how much your Holy Light heals or how many men you were when you downed her plz save it ? btw. it's good to at least have 1 hunter in the raid and i believe you are 1, since you are on this forum, so you did need a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    They can beacon Valithra and heal your pet, therefore, all your pet has to do is be in range. Best idea is to leave it on passive/park it next to her so that they don't have to travel when they leave the portal.

It makes a difference, especially with three paladins, although I wouldn't say it is necessary.
    Fixed

It's solely for the Glyph of Holy Light splash heal. Our Paladins get 100-120k Glyph of Holy Light splash late into the fight because of it.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
    Any specific reason they want a gorilla if all it's needed for is taking a nap next to val? Any tenacity pet should work unless they are demanding pummel >.>;;
    Correct. I've used my crocohydra for this.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.