Thread: Taking a stand.

Taking a stand.

I am a avid reader of these forums. And I love picking up tidbits of information and help here. The site is very helpful and has many resources I use alot.

Lately however I notice alot of antipathy and hostility between some people. I have to say I dislike that. I know I am not a moderator , nor a person of signifigance, but I do have a voice and I intend to use it.

People using these forums needs to learn, that if someone picks playing a certain class, that does not equal that player being 'gay' a 'nub' or any of the other horrible insults SOME, certainly not all people say about them.

If you choose to play a certain race, that does not make you 'furry' 'dumb' 'fanboy/girl' and so on.

And sometimes someone is so silly they say they disagree with the pack of wolves that has their bashfest, and then also get mocked. It is sad to read some threads, that nourish nothing but ill-will and bad intent.

If someone likes something you dont in real life, would you bully them for that as well? Because if you reply yes to this, then I am sorry, but that is a very sad thing. And while I am not here to say you are bad for that. Maybe stop and think a moment before bashing someone in the forums or real life.

I know noone will care much for this post, and probably point out I am a fool for posting this. But I at least stand up for what I believe is right.

Dont bully others, be nice. Karma will get you in the end in any case.

Sincerely

Foxgloves

Re: Taking a stand.

agree

10+ Year Old Account

Agree to, and just cause i like the goblins better dont mean i wont roll a worgen myself and check them out

But i am gonna camp them ;o no really im not haha hope nobody plays on Burning Blade EU >,>

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize
    Agree to, and just cause i like the goblins better dont mean i wont roll a worgen myself and check them out

But i am gonna camp them ;o no really im not haha hope nobody plays on Burning Blade EU >,>
    I will roll there just to laugh as u try, TROLLER

10+ Year Old Account

I agree totally, Foxgloves.

The sad truth is that people are too prideful of certain things to stop the flame-wars (i.e. "I'm a Horde Player, therefore I should bash all Worgen rollers as Furry lovers, etc.")

Quote Originally Posted by Kinderwurst
    I agree totally, Foxgloves.

The sad truth is that people are too prideful of certain things to stop the flame-wars (i.e. "I'm a Horde Player, therefore I should bash all Worgen rollers as Furry lovers, etc.")
    Which is exactly what makes me scared. People bash each other for a game, and dare to be more insulting, because they are anonymous. I just dont see any valid reason to tell people random insults like that.

Deleted

I liked your post

For peaceful forums *horray*

Anyone that plays a Paladin is bad: fact.
    Anyone that rolls a Worgen is childish: fact.
    Anyone that complains about it has been a victim: fact.
    OP was insulted: fact.

Sorry buddy, you lose this one.

The user has been banned for this post

Agree too.

At the end of the day this is a game, games are intended to be fun, so I play the way in which I gain the most enjoyment.

In terms of direction I do take on board the comments and theorycrafting of those who have indeed researched things to benefit my performance in game, but these people do not "bully" others if they are not following, it's others who have read what someone else has shown them and automatically assume that if you do not follow you are a lesser human being in some way.

In terms of class / race, yes there are some which have a slight edge, but ultimately it is user choice, if you are sat in front of this game for say a couple of hours a day minimum would you not want something which is aesthetically pleasing such as a female blood elf or indeed the up and coming Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru

I know plenty of Paladins that would, in fact, raze you to the ground, over and over again.

I plan to at least start a Worgen and I am, in fact, in my late 20's with a child, wife, home and responsibilities, very much the opposite of childish.

I have now, in fact, come to be bored of you, goodbye.
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru

facts can be proven.

the only thing your post illustrates is a misuse of the english language . . . that and you are trying to be deliberately obnoxious to mark yourself out.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

In the spirit of the OP, the tone in this post is kept mature and mostly non-offensive. Well... just mature then.

WoW being a role-playing game, you can't hate on people for taking it serious. If I want to hate on ally scrubs, it only makes the game that more immersive for me. The tension between the alliance and the horde is finally creating a conflict that leads to open war. That is fawking awesome. Been waiting 5½ years for the war to break out, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss out on the alliance murdering fun. Remember that you can't have slaughter without laugther...

As for people hating on the worgen, I fully understand many people's angle on their hostility towards the basics of that particular race. That race is gonna attract alot of the angst-filled teens, or emos if you like, and I must say myself, that experiences in-game with those are pretty much always a drag.
    That being said, I doubt having worgens in the game is gonna attract new people to the game, rather than just move alot of kids to that race and eventually label worgens as the kiddy race. Imagine the worgen drathknights... *shudders*

As for my fellow horde members hatred towards these furry beings, I fail to understand. This is our to get rid of before mentioned kiddos, embrace it!

I've played WoW since open beta, until halfway TBC I mainly played alliance but toyed around with horde once in a while, because the maturity generally was much higher there. The main culprits being loladins and female night-elves attracting the younger crowd. I've since then switched to play horde, but noticed around TBC that alot changed when horde got our own versions of said culprits.

My hope is that a huge part of the unwanted crowd (read: the emos and the kids) is gonna jump on the bandwagon and play a worgen.

The horde is rising, bloodthirsty from being dormant for nearly 10 years. The time of reckoning has come, and kids have no place in battle.

Peac.... Uhm.... War out!
    /Lindvahn the Kingslayer (That means you're next, Vyrian, you pussy)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lindvahn
    In the spirit of the OP, the tone in this post is kept mature and mostly non-offensive. Well... just mature then.

WoW being a role-playing game, you can't hate on people for taking it serious. If I want to hate on ally scrubs, it only makes the game that more immersive for me. The tension between the alliance and the horde is finally creating a conflict that leads to open war. That is fawking awesome. Been waiting 5½ years for the war to break out, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss out on the alliance murdering fun. Remember that you can't have slaughter without laugther...

As for people hating on the worgen, I fully understand many people's angle on their hostility towards the basics of that particular race. That race is gonna attract alot of the angst-filled teens, or emos if you like, and I must say myself, that experiences in-game with those are pretty much always a drag.
    That being said, I doubt having worgens in the game is gonna attract new people to the game, rather than just move alot of kids to that race and eventually label worgens as the kiddy race. Imagine the worgen drathknights... *shudders*

As for my fellow horde members hatred towards these furry beings, I fail to understand. This is our to get rid of before mentioned kiddos, embrace it!

I've played WoW since open beta, until halfway TBC I mainly played alliance but toyed around with horde once in a while, because the maturity generally was much higher there. The main culprits being loladins and female night-elves attracting the younger crowd. I've since then switched to play horde, but noticed around TBC that alot changed when horde got our own versions of said culprits.

My hope is that a huge part of the unwanted crowd (read: the emos and the kids) is gonna jump on the bandwagon and play a worgen.

The horde is rising, bloodthirsty from being dormant for nearly 10 years. The time of reckoning has come, and kids have no place in battle.

There's a difference though of taking things seriously inside the game and outside of the game.

If you're on a PvP server playing either faction, of course you're going to dislike the other faction when they gank your lowbies or friends, etc. But taking it out of the game (i.e. taking the fanboy-dom onto the forums) and then flaming anyone that is opposite your faction is when I draw the line.

The point of a MMO that puts factions against each other is for the pure fun of having a real human being to face against (sort of like chess except with dynamic characters, abilities, etc.), not to flaunt your E-peen over anyone that plays the game more poorly than you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lindvahn

You missed the point, completely. You're going the exact opposite direction of the OP here.
    And where does the In-game fight between Horde and Alliance fit... anywhere.

You're branding certain races as kids, but it's nothing but your own speculations. If somebody walked up to you, and asked to see the facts that could support your allegation, then you wouldn't be able to give that person anything of relevance.
    I play undeads, orc, tauren. Are those any of the so-called childish races? No. But, i also play a Blood-elf "lola"din, as you call it.
    And yes, i'm going to make a Worgen in Cata, just to see how their quests are and stuff like that.
    Generalisation is a horrible thing, and people tend to use it as their "big gun" way too often.

I respect your opinion, but i definitely disagree with you.

the "kids" thing doesn't tie in with any of the available evidence.

doesn't tie in with the Daedalus project research from vanilla or the recent WoW Census Survey.

it's just a load of memetastic utter drivel tbh.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    the "kids" thing doesn't tie in with any of the available evidence.

doesn't tie in with the Daedalus project research from vanilla or the recent WoW Census Survey.

it's just a load of memetastic utter drivel tbh.
    True words, all in all.

I DISAGREE

C-C-C-C-OMBO BREAKER

p.s just wanted to be different

While I agree whole-heartedly with the motives behind this post, an unfortunate truth that, due to the quite competitive nature of WoW (and games as whole for that matter) which exists in PvE and PvP, people have strong tendencies to form "groups" of opposing playstyles and ideals.

Before everyone hates on this; I'm pretty sure he was being ironic. Still dumb, of course, to have it as veiled at it was, but I don't (perhaps with a degree of naivety) believe he actually meant what was being said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

I care.
    I'm sick of acting goofy and people calling me "stupid" or "dumb" for it.
    Also the guys that have a problem with women who game, please leave.

/Signed,
    Robyn
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.