Could anyone give me some advice please?

Hello, so my paladin is level 80 and i've been doing heroic instances for a while now and i have everything i could possibly get from the triumph badges but now for some reason i'm stuck because people won't let me into any raid since my gearscore is 4680.

I play on the US realm Illidan and everyone seems sooo obsessed with this, it's frustrating because i can't get into any guilds or do any raids.
    So i was just wondering if there's anything else i could be doing to help make my character better?

Also as a separate question i'm curious about what kind of old dungeons i would be able to do on my own, i did onixya by myself when she was level 60 and i've killed Doomwalker too. I wanted to try Karazahn but i don't have the key for that yet.

This is my character http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Angelicgirl

Thanks!!! ;D

Re: Could anyone give me some advice please?

After a fast search on the forum I found this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=20951582

This is all the gear you can get pre-raid.

Good Luck!

I'd recommend crafting the ToC 245 tank bracers for a start, they're not too expensive to craft now. Then get as much as you can in ToC 10/25 man, but you still have enough to tank most bosses in ICC 10 normal (especially with +15% now). You're missing one or two enchants that could boost your health. I'm not sure but I think the 226 tank libram is better than the 245 (again not sure!), and you should probably check your gems compared to the Prot FAQ in these forums.

Your spec isn't far off, again check the FAQ =p

For your other question I personally have no idea gl

Thank you both for the replies

I just bought the tanking braces so they have really helped!

I didn't know my gems were bad, a lot of paladins i've seen just use 30 + stamina gems

Quite a few Paladins iv seen have also just stacked pure health, you seem to have a reasonable amount of dodge block parry but it can always be increased and make healers jobs alot easier, while your def capped and immune to crits without a high amount of mitigation abilities you will still take big chunks of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X
    Thank you both for the replies

I just bought the tanking braces so they have really helped!

I didn't know my gems were bad, a lot of paladins i've seen just use 30 + stamina gems
    30 stam is the way to go almost all the time. If the socket bonus is +12 stam on a red socket, agi/stam or dodge/stam is good instead. Matching yellow sockets is not worth it if you have 540+ def. Some people will encourage you to stack avoidance, but they are giving you bad advice that will cause you to die at critical moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootofalleli
    30 stam is the way to go almost all the time. If the socket bonus is +12 stam on a red socket, agi/stam or dodge/stam is good instea.
    Matching yellow sockets is not worth it if you have 540+ def.
    Now you're contradicting yourself: Dodge/stamina is pretty much always worse than def/stamina (only exception is if your defense is much much much much higher than your dodge)
    The reason you gem for + 12 (or even +9) red slots is because the armor gained from agility reduces the EH loss to the point, where the avoidance gained per stamina loss is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Now you're contradicting yourself: Dodge/stamina is pretty much always worse than def/stamina (only exception is if your defense is much much much much higher than your dodge)
    The reason you gem for + 12 (or even +9) red slots is because the armor gained from agility reduces the EH loss to the point, where the avoidance gained per stamina loss is worth it.
    OK, cool. I always go for agility over dodge, but some people still insist that dodge is better for reasons that aren't too clear to me. Is dodge still worthwhile at low gear levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Rootofalleli
    OK, cool. I always go for agility over dodge, but some people still insist that dodge is better for reasons that aren't too clear to me. Is dodge still worthwhile at low gear levels?
    To clear this up fast, Agility is better in the raid buffed environment, Where kings, 15% ICC buff etc are present. With just kings involved, Agility gives about 105% effectiveness over dodge. As it accounts for Armour (very nice in ICC) dodge, crit.

@OP; Nillo:

The alter reason paladin tanks use the the agi/stam gem in a 12 stam slot is due to the fact the only worth while item to use this in is the head slot item, along with that, we need one red gem to activate the Austere meta. So it really serves two purposes.

My 2 cents:

Tell them you dont know your GS cz its not worth installing, claim you've done the bosses on your main toon on another server and see how far you get.....it worked wonders on........my 4 alt 80's. When my lock dinged, still in Heirloom gear I got into VoA 25, then made my own VoA 10. Within an hour of dinging I had both achi's :P. BUT, YOU MUST research the bosses and learn the fights as much as possible, especially if your claiming you've done bosses you've never actually done :P. Otherwise your just pissing into the wind, so to speak.

I see you now have the tank bracers . I would also say go for the pvp shoulder enchant, it's a superior enchant at most gear lvls, and it looks like you could do with the health. You REALLY should not have wasted your frosts on that libram, its inferior to the 245 one. They would better have been spent on the 228 stam trinket (you need the stam) or the 251 shoulders.

Next gear upgrades:

75 triumph helm (245, forget its name :P)
    50 triumph shoulders (245, Shoulderpads of the Enduring Order, or something)
    Try making your own VoA 10/25 mans, do VoA10 man class runs to get your legs/gloves.
    Keystone Great Ring from DTK heroic = lose the def, but gain stam and dodge. (block and BV are crap nowadays).

Next Frost Item:

The trinket, your in desperate need of the stamina, most wont accept you into ToC 25, let alone ICC 10 with that UB health. Alot will want about 35k ub health.

Professions:

Herbalism is useless for tanking, and gives no benefits! Change it to either JC, Inscription, Engineering or BS. With mining as your second skill, I would suggest you make a choice between JC and BS. JC is lovely for the 51 stam gems :P.

Mongoose on your weapon - I'm still using Rimefangs and I'm tanking ICC 25, and attempting 10 hard modes. Damn one wont drop from Marrowgar, lol.

The 226 Crafted belt is very nice for health. (I forget its name, but it wont cost much any more). OR another frosts shopping cart item would be the belt for 60 frosts, it is BiS pre heroic modes after all!

Hope this helps!!

Bawk
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

Bawk is pretty much on the spot. Do what he says :P

In addition:
    Get 275 hp on your chest. It's way better than 10 stats.
    There drop 232 boots from Forge of Souls which are better than the ones you have. Go farm those! Tanking boots are hard to come by >_<
    You don't have the best enchant available on your legs!
    Seriously, make the belt from blacksmithing... I know it's only ilevel 226, but it has 3 sockets (with the buckle) and is REALLY easy to make! (they nerfed the mats).
    If you find mongoose too expensive for your weapon, at least throw a weapon chain on it. It increases your hit aside from the normal effect and as I can see, you're hit starved atm. It's better than nothing!

Also, get the frost emblems from your libram refunded if you can (make a ticket).
    The cloak, belt, trinket, gloves and chest are all EXCELLENT pieces for their cost in badges!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bawkbawkboom
    To clear this up fast, Agility is better in the raid buffed environment, Where kings, 15% ICC buff etc are present. With just kings involved, Agility gives about 105% effectiveness over dodge. As it accounts for Armour (very nice in ICC) dodge, crit.
    If you're going to clear things up, could you at least be correct? Agility is only better than Dodge when inside Icecrown Citadel, because of the Chill of the Throne debuff.

I'm not really sure what difference a buff that increases maximum health, damage and healing by 15% has on the Agility vs Dodge question, either. The effect of Kings on Agility is pretty minimal (1 extra point of agility per gem), and isn't the contributing factor to making it better than Dodge.

the "clou" is to have some sort of "Gearscor gear". Go out and hunt some items with a good itemlevel, no matter if you would use them or not.
    Try to get your Gearscore somewhere beyond 5200 somehow and you will get invited into pugs again.

(CASTEREXAMPLE) E.G. there is a ilvl 200 trinket from sartharion giving you kinda 200 spellpower. For a firemage it is WAY better than the ilvl245 trinket you get from triumpf badges, but still if i were to be invited in a pug i´d probably wear the ilvl 245 one until i´m invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    If you're going to clear things up, could you at least be correct? Agility is only better than Dodge when inside Icecrown Citadel, because of the Chill of the Throne debuff.

I'm not really sure what difference a buff that increases maximum health, damage and healing by 15% has on the Agility vs Dodge question, either. The effect of Kings on Agility is pretty minimal (1 extra point of agility per gem), and isn't the contributing factor to making it better than Dodge.
    I've seen the numbers and math from maintankadin, please go do your own research before trying to tell somone they are wrong. The maintankadin math was done before the ICC buffs, that said, I think you mean Strength of Wryn (allience, not sure on the horde name of it....Hellscream's Warsong?) buff, not Chill of the Throne, as the -20% dodge debuff has absolutely no effect on the co-efficients, therefore has absolutely no change on whether agility is better in ICC than dodge or not. It's the general rule of thumb for red slot gemming on Pally tanks, where it's applicable, please read up on your Paladin tanking information. If somone could please post the maintankadin url for the agility vs dodge argument pelase do so, as I did not bookmark it .

Bawk
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).

From what i can see, get an epic ring and a 10m Guild, and you'll be in ICC soon enough.
    Just keep at it. Also save up Frost badges from daily's and get those slowly.

If you can't get into a guild, and pugs will not take you due to GS, I would recommend learning the fights on the web, then leading your own pug. Be a leader, make your own rules.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeTank
    Just keep at it. Also save up Frost badges from daily's and get those slowly.
    This, and craft whatever your able to, Perhaps get a mate or yourself to make raids for example toc10/25.
    Becoming nicely geared simply requires a "drive" and is reachable by anyone with a decent head on top of their body.

This;

Quote Originally Posted by Crusoe
    If you can't get into a guild, and pugs will not take you due to GS, I would recommend learning the fights on the web, then leading your own pug. Be a leader, make your own rules.
    and this;

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart
    This, and craft whatever your able to, Perhaps get a mate or yourself to make raids for example toc10/25.
    Becoming nicely geared simply requires a "drive" and is reachable by anyone with a decent head on top of their body.
    And apply what I said to your spec, Glyphs and gear and your on your way to 5.5kGS in a couple of weeks, if not sooner if your lucky on drops :P.

TBH though, fail to your server who wont waver on Skill>GS, get a new one :P lol.

Bawk