Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Is Ret aura useful in ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1
    Bubble + sac > aura mastery for every single one of those situations... unless you're so bad that you have to waste your bubble on other mechanics.
    Even when you compare Imp DSac and AM vs each other, they will absorb the same amount give it is a Resistance fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Even when you compare Imp DSac and AM vs each other, they will absorb the same amount give it is a Resistance fight.
    Also lets not forget you will give an extra 3% haste to raid when you use aura mastery. its not much, but what the hell, its a bonus to the raid's dps in order to reduce incoming damage.

Or am I mistaken and you can't get the 3% haste from talents to be increased through aura master. ether way = /

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    That's not always true, you can also use the 8/11/57 spec.
    8+11+57=76.

We only have 71 talent points at the moment in case you haven't noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

Quote Originally Posted by St1ckman
    Also lets not forget you will give an extra 3% haste to raid when you use aura mastery. its not much, but what the hell, its a bonus to the raid's dps in order to reduce incoming damage.

Or am I mistaken and you can't get the 3% haste from talents to be increased through aura master. ether way = /
    Nah. AM doubles the aura effect only, not the aura buffs from talent (3% haste and 3% dmg increase)

On topic it's way better to have a resistance auras, I run a 10 man as ret with 2 pally tanks and I let one of the tanks use ret aura while I cover frost or shadow (fire during Dreamwalker).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gash46
    1 Prot pal, devotion aura naturally
    1 Holy pal /w aura mastery, fire/shadow/frost aura
    1 Ret pal, concentration aura.
    Wrong. Out of this combo, Holy should have conc aura. Why? Because aura mastery's interrupt immunity only affects the paladin's own concentration aura; for all other auras their effect is doubled.

if im speced into am, ret aura doesnt go up. it is very weak and i'd rather not need to use the gcd to change to w/e resistance aura i need to use.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

why would anyone use ret or conc aura in raids? I'd rather use crusader aura to make myself look cool

No seriously, why should you use conc aura in raids where theres no way you're gonna get melee'd or hit unless tank screws up? Sometimes ppl amaze me

the non resist auras are pretty much all bad... and the resist auras are only useful on specific fights and sometimes even only for aura mastery

10+ Year Old Account

If you don't have healing problems but a DPS problem, then yes, a small amount of extra DPS is better then armor or resistance when no one is dieing. That means the DPS suck so bad you are hitting the rage timer though. Also, meleeing as a healer helps even though it's a small number.

Example would be one of the first guilds to down General in Ulduar, they wiped at like 1-2% then next attempt they got the healers to melee and they healers did 1-2% of the DPS. Which means they wouldn't of wiped if the healers were doing white damage. Every extra point of damage when your DPS is failing helps a lot.

Of course, if the boss has a lot of adds, retri aura increases it's affect times X where X is the number of mobs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    if im speced into am, ret aura doesnt go up. it is very weak and i'd rather not need to use the gcd to change to w/e resistance aura i need to use.
    Its good on some fights to AM Ret Aura- namely, only fights where you can't AM Shadow, Fire, or Frost aura (Lootship or Rotface) and also during trash (since an ability thats not being used is being "wasted").

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    why would anyone use ret or conc aura in raids? I'd rather use crusader aura to make myself look cool

No seriously, why should you use conc aura in raids where theres no way you're gonna get melee'd or hit unless tank screws up? Sometimes ppl amaze me

Well, lets see..

Marrowgar: Spinning interrupting whirlwind of death. If you've only got 70% resistance to losing cast time from damage, you will lose some.
    Lady Deathwhisper: Shadowbolts in phase 1.
    Even Gunship: Axe Throwers.
    Deathbringer: Blood Nova.

And that's just the first four bosses. If there's raid damage, your casters will thank you for preventing them from having their cast time increased.