Thread: Fishing Derby

Fishing Derby

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to win the derby like would the best placed be to fish in school or just in open water?

What schools have people found get the shark (May be completely RNG I don't know)

And do you have to pick up the fishing weekly as a quest or just get straight into the fishing?

If anyone could shed some light on this situation for me that would be great.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Re: Fishing Derby

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMert
    Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to win the derby like would the best placed be to fish in school or just in open water?

What schools have people found get the shark (May be completely RNG I don't know)

And do you have to pick up the fishing weekly as a quest or just get straight into the fishing?

If anyone could shed some light on this situation for me that would be great.
    I won it about a month ago after a few weeks of attempts. I stuck to the schools in the rivers in Grizzly Hills. It's complete RNG so there's no real skill to it, as long as you can find a good area with little to no competition for schools. Scout around ahead of time to look for areas with lots of schools. It normally can last between 5-15 minutes so you'll go through a lot of schools. There's no quest to grab so you can fly to your fishing spot ahead of time.
    Oh aye.

Ok thank you I was just wondering due to having been trying it for the past 2 months and losing every single time whilst fishing in the fangtooth schools its getting to the point where I was considering moving to another spot (guess I should have about a month ago huh) but I guess ill keep trying
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Deleted

I just won it like 25mins ago ;D

you need to fish from pools that you have a chance to catch pygmy suckerfish from so anything else, inc open water, you won't catch a shark in.

i started on the coast of borean tundra near valaince keep and flew along into dragonblight when i fished mine up.