Deleted

Hard-Mode Tanking - Blood Build?

So, I've seen different version of this 43/23/5 Build showing up in a couple of Forums, first time was on the Stars MT's Armory assuming it was for LK 10 HC Progression, so I'm looking for Feedback from others more experienced in HMs than I am, has anyone tried this Build? Is it better, worse? Would you recommend it for Hard Mode Progression?

Re: Hard-Mode Tanking - Blood Build?

actually i don't think any hybrid build would work well... and with no heart strike/frost strike your dps will suck, your threat maybe not because of icy touch being imba this days.

talents like black ice or killing machine just don't fit in a blood-based tree, you are loosing a lot of things to get 3%miss...

glyph of disease without epidemic also seems strange to me, or just glyph of disease, with that king of build you'll need to spam icy touch a lot, wich with that glyph won't happen..

I have seen this build popping up... I think the popularity of it is only due to it being a cookie cutter and outside the norm. I see no validity in it at all as your giving it bottom tier blood talents and mid to bottom frost talents. It's not that this spec wont work on hard modes or any mode I just don't see it having more validity then other builds. On LK specifically im the add tank and find that having morbidity as blood or HB as frost is invaluable for the add tanking in P1. With this spec your giving up both. Again I just fail to see any real reason to use this spec besides to say you do it.

"Made... to serve. I... was... pure... once."

It looks to be an IT spamming adds tank spec for LK which would completely suck for any other fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

It might work in ten mans but in 25 mans there's no way a tank with that build could hold aggro.

When you say that there is no way for that spec to hold agro, is it because the spec is not listed on EJ forms as cookie cutter? Has this forum really downgraded itself to a bunch of nubs who copy / paste?

I don't know if you've ever even seen the LK fight besides on youtube, but the only time threat is an issue is when adds first spawn. During P1 (any descent raid setup) shambling horrors are misdirected to the tank and the little shit is ToT/FoK to a tank. Snap threat from up to 6 buffed Icy Touches is more than sufficient. (In my raids, the debuffs kills the adds, not the raiders... why again is threat an issue?)

For the transitions (the important part) huge snap threat from Icy Touch as well as a semi-amazing range could really make or break a progression fight.

As for the pestilence glyph, whoever has this spec is using it to spread Blood Plague, as actually using Plague Strike would waste a death rune that would be used for Icy Touch.

This spec obviously works for what the user has intended. I doubt he/she specs into some garbage build after a hard night of Heroic LK just to see how many of you copy/paste'rs will follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon
    When you say that there is no way for that spec to hold agro, is it because the spec is not listed on EJ forms as cookie cutter? Has this forum really downgraded itself to a bunch of nubs who copy / paste?
    I'm pretty sure Shiira wasn't saying that it wouldn't hold agro on HM LK. I think he, myself, and others above are saying that it would not hold agro or be appropriate for ICC as a whole which is what it appears the OP wants to do with this spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Deleted

Really I was just looking for feedback from anyone thats tried it since its been coming up on Forums a lot lately. Its assumed your raid doesn't have DPS Issues if you're using this, nobody has managed to give it a real Rotation, though IT Spam is the number one assumed idea.

I'm saying that the spec won't be able to hold aggro because it won't. It would work for add tanking at lich king though. And yes I am currently working on heroic lich king in the 25 man, so there is no need to call me bad.

i dunno about your guilds, but i always tank in LK encounter, grabbing adds on P1. All raid is single nuking lich, i put DnD where the ghoul spawn and deathgrip the shablings, don't need any hunter/rogue helping me, and i have a MT blood spec, can't see how other DKs have problems there...

u can check my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=darthwader

note: my normal build have 3 points in subversion instead of spell deflection, i'm using it in sindragosa hc fight (still in testing).

My appologies then, I miss understood. Dks have so many options these days.

As for the OP. That spec is definitely not a standard spec to run everything with. As a DK, you may end up having many different specs for different encounters in the endgame. This specific spec, like Shiira said, isnt that great for threat, but is excellent for burst threat on the LK encounter.

For the rotation, there isn't one. This spec is all about setting yourself up, just like pvp. You know the next add is coming during the transition, so you creat some death runes. The add spawns, you spam IT and profit!

I'm guessing he picked up the 3% miss for soaking spirits???

Quote Originally Posted by Adon
    I'm guessing he picked up the 3% miss for soaking spirits???
    That only works against melee attacks and the spirit damage is magic, so no. The miss was most likely taken because when you're only add tanking threat doesn't matter, but avoidance always helps.

Deleted

After some posts in previous Threads on other forums I ended up assuming it was a highly custom Build trying to have the most Survivability possible while taking advantage of the 7x Threat modifier implemented on IT, don't think the Stars MT picked anything with any one only specific ability in mind apart from Soul Reaper maybe, but then again I don't know their HM Tactics so could even be wrong.

15+ Year Old Account

No experience with LK HM (or LK at all for that matter) but I find it strange that he couldn't fint the point for MoB. Although I'm not a fan of it, it certainly has its uses.

Deleted

Tbh must confess I pulled it together from memory (he re-specced into something different a couple of weeks ago), however I have seen one variation of it with 2/3 SD and one point in MoB.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz
    Really I was just looking for feedback from anyone thats tried it since its been coming up on Forums a lot lately. Its assumed your raid doesn't have DPS Issues if you're using this, nobody has managed to give it a real Rotation, though IT Spam is the number one assumed idea.
    This Spec is about picking up a lot of adds with IT .. so pretty much it is for Heroic LK/Heroic Anub(25) and maybe for Heroic Blood Council... This is a SPECIALTY SPEC it may work for other things but i dont think it will be as viable for your standard fights.

The Rotation use is much like you would you standard Blood, but you need to save your Death runes for IT's and only use a Blood Rune to spread your Blood Plauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

15+ Year Old Account

people seem to forget that we already had that kind of build back in 3.0.
    The famouse S3D spec which included VotTW/LB/BSh and did absolutely shit threat and could not be used outside of that specific fight.

Deleted

Hahahaha yeah that was win and fail at the same time... Ah good 3.0 times...