Leveling with a disc priest

I'm currently leveling 2 alts on different accounts. One of them is a disc priest.
    I'm wondering what would be a good leveling spec as most of the ones i've found balance survivability with dps. What i want is a max dps leveling spec, mana and hp shouldn't be a problem with the priest throwing heals and shields.

Re: Leveling with a disc priest

afaik, (i dont play a priest)
    shadow is for dps,
    disc is like healing with shields and lowering damage nd stuffs,
    and holy is for regular heals.

btw u posted on the warlock forums..
    The Ocean Tastes Salty Cause Everyone Peess In It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

* * Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -Scissors

Forgot to mention the other alt is a lock.

It is nice to level as discipline, but imho not so efficient as if you were leveling as shadow.
    With the combination warlock+warlock minion+shadow priest dots play a main role and do not forget
    about Psychic Scream and the warlock Fear for CC, so I think you need no shielding/healing,
    because those talents put into discipline could be put into shadow for more dps output.

You can, as well, use your warlock pet for tanking, put dots on the target/s and just fear them to death if needed.

I believe the norm is three points in spirit tap then holy until 40. Buy a wand if you haven't. Respec shadow from then on. You can level as a healer (I did) but you'll manage just as well healing as shadow and shadow is far less painful.

Start off affliction-- you can go demo once you reach felguard if you choose but afflic still tends to go faster. Destro at 70ish if you want to break up the monotony but you'll have some downtime. I liked demo for easy group quest soloing (up to and including Arugal in NR) but it was very boring.

Many priests advise goign holy until 40, then shadow. This was due to mind flay sucking at lower levels. Right now from 1-40 both shadow and holy are about the same, it just depends on if you want to respec or not.

For warlocks, affliction is the best, by far. Basically follow this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Ifxbb...t0Gbhoh:TwZ0Mc
    and get haunt first!