how do i make ouf unit frames into this?!

obviously its messing with some lua file, but can any1 tell me what to do exactly?

and no "step 1) open file step 2) edit file step 3) profit" kind of jokes. i just dont know how to edit lua files, i suck at it. if any1 knows what to type to make it work it would be GREAT.

Re: how do i make ouf unit frames into this?!

Not knowing any lua will make something a little more difficult to produce, and to do so in oUF without any lua knowledge will be impossible.
    The size of the image there really does not help, but it could potentially be created in something such as Pitbull, Stuf, or Suf.
    Unless that is a premade layout someone has uploaded, then you will not be able to produce something like that in oUF on your own, and without seeing a lot of details on how it responds during combat and various conditions, neither could we.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

downloaded lui v3, went to the forum of that ui and i saw some1 asking how to get his unit frame to look like that since he saw some1 with it.. the loui told him he needs to edit the lua file to get it to look like that.

if i can make the portrait look like the one in the picture ill be more then happy.

and where do you learn to edit lua files anyway...

Deleted

Atleast with Shadowed unitframes addon you have option to make your portrait look like that

changing the unitframe addon will just mess it up, and wont have the same cool art when you target stuff or focusing some1.

was just wondering if there was any good lua editor in this forum who would be kind enough to help me.

and im afraid that google wont help me be a good lua editor, i actualy tried google.. didnt help.

nor will a lame step 1-3 (in this case 1-5) joke would help, thanks tho.

Editing .lua without coding knowledge is impossible, although you can learn basic lua to edit oUF in relatively short time. Start off with Google to find some decent notepad replacements for programmers, open oUF .lua file with it then start messing around. Most popular oUF layouts happened to be commented quite clearly, you should be able to learn something from them.

But if you aint ready to learn lua, toss it aside and use Pitbull 4 or Stuf instead. From my experience, theres nothing those 2 addons cant do, as long as the intended unitframe is restricted to basic square/rectangular form, and they are A LOT easier to config than oUF (esp Stuf).

maybe i will, if i have no other choice (Dont have the time or brain to learn lua editing).. still hoping that a lue editor will descend from the heavens and help me :P

You're better off asking the guy what unit frame addon is that because there's no such thing as "lua editor" in the sense that it will create it for you out of an image or a handful of clicks.
    Try asking what changes he did. If he's not willing to share then you're out of luck because it's not "lua editing", it's creating a whole new unit frame from scratch lol.

LUA is simple text, nothing more. Notepad can create LUA files, no need for no fancy LUA editing software.

what i mean is what i found in google, one of the things i found was that link, was not helpful coz i just didnt understand it.. "lua language"

and im not expecting the exact same unit frame.. thats impossible to make from just an image.. but creating something that looks like it by some1 who knows how to edit lua files is possible, me thinks.

edit: and i dont mean create from nothing.. just modify the current ouf frames im using atm
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-08-12 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin
    You're better off asking the guy what unit frame addon is that because there's no such thing as "lua editor" in the sense that it will create it for you out of an image or a handful of clicks.
    Try asking what changes he did. If he's not willing to share then you're out of luck because it's not "lua editing", it's creating a whole new unit frame from scratch lol.

LUA is simple text, nothing more. Notepad can create LUA files, no need for no fancy LUA editing software.

You can move from A to B on foot, or on bike. Your choice, not mine though.

And I wasnt referring to LUA editing software but notepad replacement for coders.

Rather than provide you with a step 1-3 joke, I will humbly recommend not ruining your UI the way you're intending to do. That unitframe design is a monstrosity and should be avoided like contagious rats.

thats a matter of opinion

1) Was there a reason why you didn't post on the oUF forums for this request?
    2) Where did you get the image from?
    3) If you got it from an already-designed oUF layout, why can't you just download that, or ask the author how they made it?
    Don't hate the player, learn to play.

1)did not know ouf had a forum, i posted this on lui v3 forums
    2)lui v3 forums
    3)i didnt get it from already designed ouf layer

Purely by chance when looking for another addon, and following random links between addons while on wowinterface I came across the following.

Pretty sure that is the actual oUF layout your image is showing.
    It can be found at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-gFrames.html
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-08-12 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

thank you very much, ill see how this works out for me:P