Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DW frost rotation

Just made myself a DW frost OS, but when looking around for a rotation I didn't find anything. So can anyone help me with the DW frost rotation plx

Cheers

Re: DW frost rotation

if you looked around you would have noticed there isnt any, it all depend what procs what spells you should be using

Provided to you by the folks at EJ.com, cut and pasted here by me.

thread located at http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-f...ng_remembered/

15+ Year Old Account

Vaka, that's just so wrong. First of all frost DK's use glyph of disease to reapply diseases......

So basically you just need to prioritize: 1. obliterate 2. FS 3. Rime HB 4. BS

And DON'T let your diseases fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

THis is how im doing it

starting with applying the diseases.
    then i use my obliterates till its on cd, if there is no KM proc i use blood strike to make death runes, incase KM procs i use frost strike over blood strike, if KM and Rime procs i go for howling blast

1: Diseases
    2: Obliterate
    3: KM + RIME
    4: KM + Frost Strike
    5: Blood Strike

Quote Originally Posted by suffeli
    Vaka, that's just so wrong. First of all frost DK's use glyph of disease to reapply diseases......

So basically you just need to prioritize: 1. obliterate 2. FS 3. Rime HB 4. BS

And DON'T let your diseases fall off.
    hey, I'm just going by what the guys at EJ say. Usually when I say that they are wrong about something, 1000 fanbois come out of the woodwork here and baste me for it.

With GoD, if you want to adhere to a strict rotation, this is what I use.

lead with IT/PS to apply diseases initially, then BS/BS to convert death runes, then Oblitx2, and from there fall into a rotation of Pest/BS and Oblits, filling gaps with RP dumps.

What's amusing to me is I can crank out decent dps (like 11k+ on a single target) and I really couldn't tell you what my rotation is.

I start with IT + PS, use GoD to refresh...other than that, it's all reaction and priority triage.

hey
    İ play dk for a year and half but i quit it for my warrior tank but i returned a month ago. Since ilove the blood i keep playing with it but for aoe i picked frost. (i really hate playing as unholy spec and i quit couse i didnt want to play unholy) i enjoyed so much i amonly playing as frost now.
    My dk is my alt char atm and have 5134 gs. İ am doing 8k dps on 1 target and my record on aoe is 39k but huge number of mobs(16 mob). İts good for 4,5 targets too
    Anyways as the caean said there is not much rotation for me. İ am jusr calculating the presence and +3 seconds etc. Dont let the disease fall of the target (i actually let it fall for last tic and dothe dot again)

İnstead of most death knights i am not using glyph of disease and i am not using pleage strike(actually not icy touch too)
    İ use the obli , frost st, howling b glyps and its really working for me. İ was using the gl of disease and the pestilence on blood but i like this one for frost spec.

And i noticed there is 1 more difference between you and me. İ sometimes use howlingblast instead of frost strike at killing machine couse it hits 14 15k with good procs and i really wonder how it would hit with gear like my warrior have.

My priorty on my skills are

Howling blast
    Obli
    Frost strike
    Blood strike

İf you use your cooldows at right times (you have to calculate the eternal cooldows from trinkets etc and the bloodlust)(including potion of speed i know some of you dont use it byt its great..... use it)

İ know its different than what most ppl do but it works great for me and i amhaving fun on this so i will contie till the blizzard mess up the talents like they allways do at all patches

İ remember being unholy2h first then frost2h then blood2h then they made unholy2h better and i quit being a dk

I would normally point you to the stick in this forum, but it for some reason actually has a rotation listed.

Frost DW DPS is a priority system, not a rotation. So you do the following based on what's available. If you can't do 1, do 2, if you can't do 2, do 3. etc

Single Target
    1) KM up>Frost Strike
    2) Apply diseases (after the intial time, barring target swaps etc, you'll use pestilence to keep them up)
    3) Obliterate
    4) Blood Strike / Pestilence if you have Blood runes
    5) RIME proc > Howling blast
    6) RP Dump with Frost strike (only to keep from wasting RP generation, you should keep enough RP for 3 Frost strikes incase you get a string of RIME procs)

Personally, I'll add that I'd rather put off a KM proc Frost strike for 1.5 seconds to keep your diseases up, but this will be a rare situation.

AoE
    1) Howling Blast via Runes or RIME procs - keep this on cooldown!
    2) Apply Diseases / Spread with Pestilence
    3) DnD
    4) Blood Boil
    5) Obliterate
    6) RP Dump with Frost Strike.

Unlike single target, you don't want to use your KM procs ASAP. Try to keep it up if you have a Howling blast in the next few CDs.

edit: fixed transposed KM / RIME terms. Whooops

You are confusing rime and killing machine.

Diseases should take priority over everything especially with Glyph of Disease. There's no reason to let your diseases fall off to get a KM FS in when you're losing the damage of an oblit on your next FU pair.

10+ Year Old Account

I do Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Obliterate, dump Blood Runes with 2 Blood Strikes, Frost Strike when KM procs and to dump Runic Power, use Obliterate if not on cd, reapply diseases (i use Glyph of Disease so its one Blood Rune so I can do Obliterate instead of losing a Frost and Unholy) Rune Tap and Unbreakble Armor whenever you need a Death Rune or the extra Strength (preferably when all abilities are off cd) that's how I do it, been 80 2 weeks and am pumping out 6k in welfares. Enjoy.

Opener: IT, PS, OB, BS, Pest
    Rotation: OB, OB, OB, OB, OB, Pest, BS
    Priority: Disease, KM+FS, OB, Rime

1) This is a tight rotation meaning 0.5-1 sec before diseases fall off.
    2) All ways keep your diseases up so you can continue with OBs
    3) KM+FS when available, but not with in 2 sec of Pest+BS
    4) Rime When everything is on CD and no KM

Pretty simple to understand, hard to master.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

what I usualy do is

start: Icy -plague - oblit - bloodstrike - pestilence

Then comes around 4-5 obliterates and then a blood strike and pestilence then repeat this. I wont include when to use Frost strike because you will have to watch KM proc and when your runes are on cd. Worked fine for me up until now. I'm no expert tho.

I use a rotation for your rune abilities.

IT,PS,Ob,BS,BS>OB,OB,OB

I use a priority for RP n Procs

Rime+KM>FS+KM>FS

I don't use GoD and can out dps comparably geared DK's in most cases. Its all about what you're comfortable with. GoD is great for stationary fights but movement can put a wrench in it quickly.

Power Auras Classic is a great addon that you can setup to visually show you procs.

Diseases are always top priority.

GL,
    Blood~

Quote Originally Posted by Vaka
    hey, I'm just going by what the guys at EJ say. Usually when I say that they are wrong about something, 1000 fanbois come out of the woodwork here and baste me for it.

With GoD, if you want to adhere to a strict rotation, this is what I use.

lead with IT/PS to apply diseases initially, then BS/BS to convert death runes, then Oblitx2, and from there fall into a rotation of Pest/BS and Oblits, filling gaps with RP dumps.
    that WAS right sir. it's out of date now

now it is
    KM?-y-FS
    |n
    FF/BP within 1gcd of falling off?-y-Pest
    |n
    FF off?-y-it
    |n
    BP off?-y-PS
    |n
    U/F or D/D runes?-y-Obli
    |n
    B runes?-y-BS
    |n
    All runes off cooldown and BT+UBA is useable?-y-BT+UBA
    |n
    >32RP?-y-FS
    |n
    Rime?-y-HB
    |n
    HoW

obviously this is single target and can change from situation to situation but it's the basic idea
    let me know if i forgot anything. haven't played my DK in a month or so. been leveling alts
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

my fault. I thought that Kroot had updated everything on page one and didn't even notice the add date of the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaka
    my fault. I thought that Kroot had updated everything on page one and didn't even notice the add date of the attachment.

The frost thread on EJ is horrificaly out of date and has been for months. Everything there should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The priority Albert listed is correct for someone using 264 weapons. With 251 weapons it is a toss up based on other gear whether FS is > Rime for KM procs. Mostly based on your other gear. Anything less than 251 weapons and you should, iirc, be using GoIcyTouch instead of GoDisease. You should also be using KM on Rime procs when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    All runes off cooldown and BT+UBA is useable?-y-BT+UBA
    Thankfully someone finally mentions a BT/UA macro in there. You need to be using this when it will not screw up your runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve
    I use a rotation for your rune abilities.

IT,PS,Ob,BS,BS>OB,OB,OB

I use a priority for RP n Procs

Rime+KM>FS+KM>FS

I don't use GoD and can out dps comparably geared DK's in most cases. Its all about what you're comfortable with. GoD is great for stationary fights but movement can put a wrench in it quickly.

Power Auras Classic is a great addon that you can setup to visually show you procs.

Diseases are always top priority.

GL,
    Blood~
    So, in fact you are saying we can do good dps w/o GoD glyph?
    With GoD glyph everything is very tight, i just dont feel comfortable with that extra pest in priority/rotation