Deleted

A different way of gearing and flasking... [Resto with 4pc T10]

Previously i've been gearing under the idea that haste is better than SP and SP is better than crit. Checking back on my logs however I can see that on good AoE fights, my chain heal crit hot accounts for quite a bit on my overall healing and is a massive boost to outhealing Blood Queen and Festergut's first inhale. So what I want to try is instead of stacking mp5 and using the sp flask, i'm going to stack haste+crit pieces and use the mp5 flask to not go oom. Going back to using more mp5 pieces on the fights I need, of course.

Re: A different way of gearing and flasking... [Resto with 4pc T10]

Our resto shaman has no mp5 pieces he needs at least 2 innervates a fight. I wouldn't recommend it.

Deleted

I run find without any innervates atm, I only intend to swap in 2-3 haste/crit pieces which should be covered by the mp5 flask along with whatever excess Mp5 I have and better mana management. Depending on what I swap in i'd be losing 125SP but gaining 2.5-3% crit.

You shouldn't be stacking mp5 anyway.

The only time I use an mp5 flask is when we occasionally don't have replenish in our 10 man group. (our only replenish is from our Lock, who sometimes changes specs for things, like tanking Keleseth.)

Here's my armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ammer&cn=Kanya

As you see im not far from GCD cap on haste and have next to no mp5 items (trying to activly avoid them in exchange for crit/haste pieces).
    On aoe healing heavy fights i change the gloves to the t10 in order to activate the 4set bonus, and sure enough the top 3 healing spells is usually Chain heal, ChainED heal (the 4set bonus) and Riptide/Earthliving.

In 25 man im usually top 3 with 7-9k hps and i never run oom.
    Only times i have problem with mana is if i die and ress or if i we are low on raidhealing.

Also i always flask Pure mojo except on Dreamwalker.

Hope this helped
    http://zinistra.deviantart.com/

Depending on how long the fight is and how familiar you are with it, I always suggest dropping mana tide as soon as your mana gets low enough that you aren't going to be wasting the mana tide. Basically drop it so it will bring you back to being almost topped off, this way it can be ready again if the boss fight is very long... helps with getting rid of some of the mp5
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, BUT it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother upside the head.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    Previously i've been gearing under the idea that haste is better than SP and SP is better than crit. Checking back on my logs however I can see that on good AoE fights, my chain heal crit hot accounts for quite a bit on my overall healing and is a massive boost to outhealing Blood Queen and Festergut's first inhale. So what I want to try is instead of stacking mp5 and using the sp flask, i'm going to stack haste+crit pieces and use the mp5 flask to not go oom. Going back to using more mp5 pieces on the fights I need, of course.
    For 10 or 25 man?

I don't know why you were getting MP5 anyway. With ICC gear + Raid buffs (crit), Replenishment, Pot usage and efficient Mana Tide usage you'll never go OOM stacking shitloads of Haste, you just won't.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinistra
    Here's my armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ammer&cn=Kanya

As you see im not far from GCD cap on haste and have next to no mp5 items (trying to activly avoid them in exchange for crit/haste pieces).
    On aoe healing heavy fights i change the gloves to the t10 in order to activate the 4set bonus, and sure enough the top 3 healing spells is usually Chain heal, ChainED heal (the 4set bonus) and Riptide/Earthliving.

In 25 man im usually top 3 with 7-9k hps and i never run oom.
    Only times i have problem with mana is if i die and ress or if i we are low on raidhealing.

Also i always flask Pure mojo except on Dreamwalker.

Hope this helped
    Ew, at those legs and int trinket. Why not just use tier pants for 4 pc since the gloves you have are better itemized?

Cause im gathering mats for the tailor crafted legs.
    And the trinket is just pure bad luck on drops, im aiming for Althor's abacus but recently joined a new guild and havent gathered up more dkp then the other healers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinistra
    Cause im gathering mats for the tailor crafted legs.
    And the trinket is just pure bad luck on drops, im aiming for Althor's abacus but recently joined a new guild and havent gathered up more dkp then the other healers yet.
    Purified Lunar Dust?

Gathering mats for the tailored legs include saronites from frosties.