Arcane talent distro

I've been fire for a while, all the nice arcane haste gear simply hasn't dropped for me, or if it has, i've lost the roll. So I'm a bit out of the arcane loop. I'd like to spec arcane focus, compared to fire it's very inefficient so I'd like to save 3% on mana - the hit would be nice too. But I've had 4/5 arcane stability in my arcane spec since ICC came out.

How important is pushback protection in ICC? Should I make it a point to have stability, or just go with focus?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Arcane talent distro

i don't even.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    i don't even.
    As always, your helpful, informative and non-insulting posts are appreciated.

(is there a way to put posters on ignore here?)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by baelon
    As always, your helpful, informative and non-insulting posts are appreciated.

(is there a way to put posters on ignore here?)
    this has been discussed as nauseam, and making an entire thread asking about two talents is stupid. check the FAQ, or search for one of the other bajillion threads asking about arcane specs.

you may be a special snowflake, but it doesn't mean people want to see you.
    BfA Beta Time

this has been discussed as nauseam, and making an entire thread asking about two talents is stupid. check the FAQ, or search for one of the other bajillion threads asking about arcane specs.

you may be a special snowflake, but it doesn't mean people want to see you.
    It's about more than two points.

I couldn't find the search feature.

15+ Year Old Account

wow...1/0/4 in your first tier? really? you know arcane pushback is only worthwhile when you get it in odd numbers right? and you know free hit and mana reduction are better than slow and useless pushback correct?

check the FAQ, it tells you how to spec.
    BfA Beta Time

wow...1/0/4 in your first tier? really? you know arcane pushback is only worthwhile when you get it in odd numbers right? and you know free hit and mana reduction are better than slow and useless pushback correct?

check the FAQ, it tells you how to spec.
    The paladins I run with tend to run conc aura, but don't have improved.

The collective wisdom at EJ, which I'd trust more than some sad little man on an ego trip on these forums, is that pushback protection is necessary in ICC.

And slow is great when I'm not guaranteed a hunter in my saurfang groups. Not bad for LK's valks either. I'm also on a PvP server, where it has yet another use.

That's all beside the point, I specifically asked for advice on my arcane spec. I specifically said I haven't specced it in a while.

You are truly a huge dbag, I feel sorry for the life you must live when you logout of WoW.

We're done, kid.

15+ Year Old Account

i answered your question: get the 3% hit and mana reduction and forego the needless pushback.

the collective ego at EJ far outweighs my own, and a majority of the forum is just like these forums: people who don't know the class asking tons of questions that have been answered.

i play on a PvP server also, not once have i thought of putting slow into my specs...ever. if you're doing 25 mans without a hunter, then your raids are failing. if you spec slow for 10s, then you don't need it because at this point, you can blow these beasts up in under 7 seconds (and that's on heroic).

and for all the pushback in ICC...let's count them shall we (in sequential order of appearance): bonestorm, intermittent frostbolt volleys, none, negligible to none, slime spray, ooze explosion, spore explosion, vomit, malleable goo, ooze puddles, green slime target, lay waste, frostbolt volley, unchained magic, mystic buffet, none, blood bolt, infest, pain and suffering, frost orb target.

seems like a lot doesn't it? well, ten of those things shouldn't be hitting you meaning if they do, you are playing very poorly. for four of the other ones, you should be fire, thus negating the pushback.

anyway, Concentration Aura provides 35% pushback protection. you are specced into 80% pushback protection which means you are wasting 15% of it. going down to 3/5 would yield a similar result, since the difference is between 95% and 100%, you can't have more than 100% bro.
    BfA Beta Time