Re: Sigil choice for Frost DW dps

Awareness tends to work well if you have high arp, hanged man tends to work well if you have high haste.

You look like you have enough arp for awareness to be better but the only real advice I can offer is to sim it.

I personally would have gone for SotHM, but yeah sim it and see what's best.

Ive found awareness to be better since its damage applies to both weapons, and on fights that require a lot of movement its pretty ahrd to keep up the stacks required for SotHM

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

1. get decent recount data
    2. check how much of a dps increase awareness would be, after factoring in glyphs, talents etc.
    3. is this better than 219 strengh?

or the alternative i do not like personally

simulator

Virulence for everything except BQL Rot Fester Saurfang and maybe LK. and Hanged man for exceptions listed.

omg there should be no such question

The one at emblem of frost is imba
    Try to get that one as fast as you can

As much as everyone says Hanged man, I'd say Awareness. I've switched back and forth between them on raids as well as on the practice dummies and I seem to get more DPS out of Awareness than I do out of Hanged man...

Fully Raid buffed = Hanged man....
    Everything else = Awareness

219 Str scales with buffs.... extra damage to Oblit does not. Its only Oblit that gets the gain.... Not diseases, auto attack, or spells.

Sig by: khatsoo

Just because it scales does not make it better. The deciding factor is how much arm pen you have. Even then the difference will most likely be small, unless you are gemmed for arm pen as well. Which is a possibility with BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombthreat
    Fully Raid buffed = Hanged man....
    Everything else = Awareness

219 Str scales with buffs.... extra damage to Oblit does not. Its only Oblit that gets the gain.... Not diseases, auto attack, or spells.
    Too bad an ArP hard capped DK does a huge amount of their damage from Obliterate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Personally I use Virulence because it doesn't have the ramp-up time that Hanged Man does, and Virulence is better for movement fights, of which there are more.