1. #1
    Warchief Thereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,114

    Kripparrian Macros

    Who uses the macros from Kripparrian's Videos? I had them for a while, but I saw limited benefit from them, so I shelved them. Any thoughts? Link below.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqkZRK-jjQw

  2. #2
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    753

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Well they're the exact same as a normal marks hunters macros. Only thing that I see different is !autoshot, Which we don't even need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

  3. #3

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Why would you dont need !autoshot? It's extremely useful. Granted its not a 100dps increase, but neither is Silencing shot, it's still an incerase.
    And when pvping, switching targets, it can be de difference between a dead enemy or a enemy who got healed up at 10% hp.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    I only use his shot macros/aspect macros.
    Which I already knew of before I saw this.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  5. #5

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan
    Well they're the exact same as a normal marks hunters macros. Only thing that I see different is !autoshot, Which we don't even need.
    Watch the video, and he'll tell you why.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    753

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    No, You don't need !auto shot anymore. they made it so auto shot would cast normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

  7. #7

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Doesn't seem like it.
    As Kripparrian is showing on the video, is clearly giving proof that it works better.
    He gave one with Macro !autoshot and one without, and I just tried it myself, I found dps difference : /
    Not a big number, bot good enough tbh

  8. #8
    Warchief Thereign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,114

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Alright, guess I will whip em out again (teehee)

  9. #9

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    The !autoshot does make a small difference. Just sit at a dummy and spam steady shot with and without the macro to see the difference.

  10. #10

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Um...no offense but 99.9% of the macros in there are old news. Really old news.
    Most of them are. But, still just as useful, imo

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    381

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Um...no offense but 99.9% of the macros in there are old news. Really old news.

  12. #12

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Are you guys talking about this from a pvp or a pve stand point? i was under the impression that all but the most basic shot macros had been a dead topic for hunters in pve since November b4 last.


    EDIT: just clicked the link ...ok ok i should have b4 i posted but whatever...ill watch the rest and see...brb

    Humm some of it seems like pretty good ideas

  13. #13

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    He simply took normal stuff that all hunters SHOULD know and made them on a youtube video.. I guess what separated the "pros" and "scrubs" were simple "how-to-play-a-video-game" stuff..

    I had a old guildie who didnt know you were suppose to spam the keybind so instead of 555555555222223333555555555555552222233335555 he was like 5, 5, 5, 5, 2, ... 3, 5.. 5, 5 lol I guess it was a big shock how many people found his videos useful and how little were like "duh".. Nothing he posted was amazing or new.. it was just what you should've known / how you're suppose to play summed up into a video.. I mean if you didnt realize you needa strafe as a hunter n start at max range by level 20 you were doing it wrong nyways..

  14. #14

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Quote Originally Posted by Klumzyee
    He simply took normal stuff that all hunters SHOULD know and made them on a youtube video.. I guess what separated the "pros" and "scrubs" were simple "how-to-play-a-video-game" stuff..

    I had a old guildie who didnt know you were suppose to spam the keybind so instead of 555555555222223333555555555555552222233335555 he was like 5, 5, 5, 5, 2, ... 3, 5.. 5, 5 lol I guess it was a big shock how many people found his videos useful and how little were like "duh".. Nothing he posted was amazing or new.. it was just what you should've known / how you're suppose to play summed up into a video.. I mean if you didnt realize you needa strafe as a hunter n start at max range by level 20 you were doing it wrong nyways..
    Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were here to help. Not to suggest rerolling of your own Class, and do your masterpiece.
    There are still people out there, who find those macros useful, who can get their dps increased by a thousand or slightly less.

  15. #15

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan
    No, You don't need !auto shot anymore. they made it so auto shot would cast normally.
    Autoshot will not go off until you are done casting steady shot if it happens to be the first thing you are doing on a new target, so !autoshot is actually pretty useful, at least in a steady shot macro.

    Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

  16. #16
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    856

    Re: Kripparrian Macros

    Quote Originally Posted by Vraizan
    Autoshot will not go off until you are done casting steady shot if it happens to be the first thing you are doing on a new target, so !autoshot is actually pretty useful, at least in a steady shot macro.
    Another thing to keep in mind that if you don't have the !autoshot line in your macro and you have to switch targets rapidly (Like Orbs on Anub/LK) you will have to manually start autoshot if all your other shots are on CD.

    The major concern to most top end players (World-500) is the input lag that he also points out.. even if it adds 0.01secs of input per ability use you will see that translate in to several secs of lost DPS time over the course of long fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

    Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

    We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •