Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deathwing, Final boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasayk
    Rag is just a small side boss just like OS, nothing special. This xpac isn't called Revenge of Ragnoros.
    doubt it seeing as the raid in Firelands will have 6 bosses, which in cataclysm will be considered one of the larger raids.

Deleted

Maybe Cho'gull is controlling deathwing? He is half oldgod half ogre, so maybe...?

The purpose of TBC was to fight The Burning Legion, Kil'Jaeden is their leader, it was not a filler it was supposed to be the last raid instance

SWP was a filler while Wrath was running late in development. I don't think it was Blizzard's intention to release Kil'Jaeden so early in the series, especially if you consider you only fought a weaken version of him so expect to see him again in a future Xpac.

Although what you say could be true, we were fighting the Burning Legion, but I still think the intention all along was for illidin to be the last boss of the xpac,
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Its likely that he will be the final boss, though it will be nice to see how blizz manages it. isn't he still the aspect of earth?

While I think Deathwing will be the final boss of this X-Pac, I think we will be facing one or more Old Gods before him

4.0: Raids we know about
    4.1: 1° Old God
    4.2: 2° Old God
    4.3: Deathwing

I just hope he doesn't come walking in every fifth quest saying: "OMG YOU SABOTAGED ME....! But you amused me so Im going to let you live, just like I did in Howling Fjord, Drak'tharon Keep, Zul'drak, Utgarde Keep, etc.".

If there would be any way I'd prefer Deathwing to become the main villain it would be in minor events like Brutallus vs. Madrigosa in Sunwell but then a lot more destructive and brutal.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    The purpose of TBC was to fight The Burning Legion, Kil'Jaeden is their leader, it was not a filler it was supposed to be the last raid instance..
    No? They had to put a new raid in to keep people busy because of the delay of Wotlk or something, or am I wrong?
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazus
    While I think Deathwing will be the final boss of this X-Pac, I think we will be facing one or more Old Gods before him

4.0: Raids we know about
    4.1: 1° Old God
    4.2: 2° Old God
    4.3: Deathwing
    knowing blizzard it will be more like
    4.0 Elemental gods (Rag,Al'akir,Neptulon,Therazane)
    4.1 Old God/Twilight
    4.2 Neutral leader main protagonist of Cataclysm making carneval infront of Deathwings base
    4.3 Deathwing raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu
    No? They had to put a new raid in to keep people busy because of the delay of Wotlk or something, or am I wrong?
    Yes, you are wrong.

Deleted

"Deathwing will finally appear in World of Warcraft's present in the third expansion, Cataclysm, announced at BlizzCon 2009 and will be the final boss encounter of the expansion. This marks his formal debut in World of Warcraft's present time."

taken from WowWiki.

end of discussion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykest
    Really? Cause I've taken ony's head twice and the bitch keeps coming back
    Ony was Fan-service. A present to celebrate the WoW Birthday, and as filler content at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrand
    Yes, you are wrong.
    Hm.. I'm almost sure I read that Black Temple was supposed to be the final raid.. Well, whatever, believe whatever you want
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Black Temple was supposed to be the last raid of BC, it was just released too early and they needed to put a raid between BT and WotLK, and Kil'Jaedan fit well to fill that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    i completely agree, im tired of all these half assed players jumping ship for what looks nicer in the wg wins, come to nathrezim, we have games where theres only 3 alliance members in wg, 3, its the most epic game of hide and go seek the raid boss

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrand
    Yes, you are wrong.
    Uh, no you are wrong. Illidan was supposed to be the final boss of BC. That was the announced intention from before the expansion even started. And after they released Sunwell they lamented that it was a necessary addition because they botched the pacing of the expansion and ended up releasing BT way before they were ready to wrap up the xpac. What the hell makes you think they had always planned to have Sunwell as the final raid? The said the exact opposite on many occasions.

Because of their choice to release dual dungeons for each tier and in rapid succession instead of spacing things out(gruuls + mag, SSC + TK, Hyjal + BT), there was too much time at the end of the xpac with nothing going on. That's why they came up with Sunwell. Something to keep people busy until they were ready to release Lich King. That's why it was a tacked on zone on classic Azeroth. That's why it didn't really follow the lore progression like everything else did in the xpac(although they didnt do as well with that as in the wotlk anyways). That's why the gear at the end was so OP and sunwell radiance had to be implemented in the raid instance. That's why the final boss wasn't even a full manifestation of himself and the raid doesn't even actually kill him.

KJ was never meant to be the final boss of BC.

Deleted

Ither way I don't want the possible old god to be pushed aside by something as bad as toc again. If not the final boss, I'd like one which is the same tier content as Deathwing. Which could be possible aswell, looking at blizzards statement saying that they will replace big 12 boss raids with 2 smaller 6 boss raids due to the shared 25 man and 10 man lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    The purpose of TBC was to fight The Burning Legion, Kil'Jaeden is their leader, it was not a filler it was supposed to be the last raid instance..
    KJ is not the leader of the Burning Legion. Kil'jaeden was part of the draenei race, before Sargeras (a titan) found them and offered them eternal power. Sargeras is the creator and leader of the Burning Legion, Kil'jaeden along with his also once draenei related pal Archimonde are simply generals.

OT, i am also really hoping for a Deathwing encounter with 2 stages, stage one is deathwing alone. before you take his health to 0 something happens, the room collapses etc etc, and he disapears down a fissure that opens up in the room. Stage 2, an old god emerges and you must fight both deathwing (weakened) and an old god. However both the old god and deathwing are fighting each other, since as lore stated, Deathwing, so maddened over his little toy (the demon soul), he refuses to listen to the old god's whisperings any more, meaning he can over rule their control, kind of too late to save him tho, 10,000 years of madness i doubt anyone has a cure for.

Deleted

I doubt that. Blizzard haven't been that creative in a while.

Kael'thas will make a comeback as the end-game boss, he will be supported by his loyal servant Anub'arak.

Response potpourri!

Quote Originally Posted by xxApelxx
    Illy was just a master of micro-managing :P
    Delegating, I think you mean. Arthas micro-manages, which is why we see him all over.

Quote Originally Posted by dannzi
    i must have missed the part were Illidan did anything in TBC except sit on the top of BT and wait to be killed :3
    Looking back at the lore behind it, what he did all occurred prior to us actually going through the dark portal. So yes, you and all of us missed when he did anything. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Thaurr
    I just hope he doesn't come walking in every fifth quest saying: "OMG YOU SABOTAGED ME....! But you amused me so Im going to let you live, just like I did in Howling Fjord, Drak'tharon Keep, Zul'drak, Utgarde Keep, etc.".

If there would be any way I'd prefer Deathwing to become the main villain it would be in minor events like Brutallus vs. Madrigosa in Sunwell but then a lot more destructive and brutal.
    More brutal than Brutallus? Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Skals
    I doubt that. Blizzard haven't been that creative in a while.
    Unfortunately for Blizz, the playerbase is fractured. When they do something creative (IE, unexpected), then people complain because they didn't see it coming, it wasn't built up in lore, etc. When they build it up in lore properly, people complain they're not creative.

There's a middle ground there, but... I think LK as an expac had a lot of interesting twists, if you give it its due.

first we gonna kill the old god responsible for deathwings maddening thoughts, then we are gonna REDEEM deathwing and bring nethalion back ;D