Whats up with gaining low and losing high arena rating

So tonight i played some 3s at 2035 rating, for EVERY game we won, we won FIVE rating. We won 5 games out of 10, we lost the other 5.

For the five games we lose, we lost SEVENTEEN F*****G rating, what the £"*&$()£ is up with that? We lost vs a full wrathful t2 weapon TSG and they all had 40khp and stuff, lost 16 rating, SURELY their MMR is higher that 1700? Either that or all three were ebayed.

Re: Whats up with gaining low and losing high arena rating

they had lower MMR, they could have been boosting a friend or they do what alot of good players do, they lower their MMR ALOT by losing on purpous like a billion times and then they make a new team and play it up, so they get a better win-loss ratio. You should see what MMR they have after the game btw, but since you're at 2k rating i suppose u know that ^^

Uhm... as far as i understand it, rating gain/loss is based upon team rating compared to the oposing team. The MMR only decides who you get to play with. IE those guys that violated you might've gotten gear from 2v2 and 5v5 and would be sitting on a high MMR (2200+ if t2 weps) so when they start playing 3v3 from scratch their MMR fixes them up with a team with higher rating (yours) and when you loose, you loose a lot of points since their team rating was low.

... hope that makes sense ^^
    >8< Spider pride!

I felt like that when i was starting in arenas and struggling to hit 1800... we had around 3-4 points each match, we had 18 victories in a row, we finally hit 1800!! after that we lost one and it tooked 29 rating away from us..... i never returned to serious arenas after that... its just lame and retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ