is there a big difference

Before i start leveling my priest i would like to know if there's a big difference between a undead priest and a bloodelf priest?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: is there a big difference

The only difference would be the racials and start zone

but like i was looking at some videos and saw alot of undead but i like the look at style of the blood elf just wondering why i saw alot of undead?

free trinket racial

Not really, the racials are different and both starting zones are decent. I picked a blood elf for the arcane torrent, as it silences and gives back mana.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

I can't explain the trend, but just looking at racials Blood Elf is what I would choose too. That is as long as Goblin isn't a choice

trolls are cooler nuff said
    Yes I, Gwan?

let's put it this way: if you EVER plan on pvping (BG/arena) on your priest, make it undead, you will regret not doing it the first time u get hit by a fear. if you want to PvE only, bElf is the way to go, cause you gain extra 4% mana every 2min, which is better than nothing.

All racials are getting reworked in cataclysm anyway, I suggest making a priest that you think look cool
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

alright but like how are they getting reworked and im looking to be able to both arena/BG and raid(pve)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by torrok
    The only difference would be the racials and start zone
    Not quite. The fact that they look a bit different is a big one for me.

I hate the look of undeads. I couldn't stand to stare at that forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dz007
    let's put it this way: if you EVER plan on pvping (BG/arena) on your priest, make it undead, you will regret not doing it the first time u get hit by a fear. if you want to PvE only, bElf is the way to go, cause you gain extra 4% mana every 2min, which is better than nothing.
    Or you silence that fear with Arcane Torrent
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnyboy
    alright but like how are they getting reworked and im looking to be able to both arena/BG and raid(pve)
    Then Belf is probably the best way to go. Undead have horrible PvE racials and Trolls have situational, at best, PvP racials while Belf's provide the best balanced racials between the two. Also, with Will of the Forsaken sharing a CD with PvP trinket, it's not as good as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnyboy
    They will be reworked so that it's fairly balanced and people won't choose a race -only- for their racials like they are now. There will most likely still be a preference but nothing too outstanding and such
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest
    Trolls have situational, at best, PvP racials
    LULWOT?

Trolls have the most imba racial of all for PVE. 20% haste is extremly nice for shadow priests, and for healing it's nothing to scoff at either when shit hits the fan and you need to heal, and heal fast.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Don't forget that Racials will be changing in Cata.

I take it you aren't planning to re-role just because of PvP or racials though?

The current Undead racial is nice, but it got kicked in the teeth a bit awhile ago.

For me, Cast Animations matters the most. So I "changed" to UD