What spec should I go for low-level LFG tanking?

I'm starting up a new warrior and wondered if I'd be better off going straight down the prot tree or would I benefit more from the other early talents for low-level tanking?

Cheers.

Re: What spec should I go for low-level LFG tanking?

You shouldn't be low level long enough for it to make a huge difference.

Prot is quite viable for solo levelling with revenge hitting so hard. Just go prot all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Armond
    You shouldn't be low level long enough for it to make a huge difference.
    Is LFG a really fast way to level? Sorry, I've been away from WoW for about 7 months. I've kept up with all the changes on MMOC, but I haven't had any first-hand experience. Returning in the coming weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypper
    Prot is quite viable for solo levelling with revenge hitting so hard. Just go prot all the way through.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superniall50
    Is LFG a really fast way to level? Sorry, I've been away from WoW for about 7 months. I've kept up with all the changes on MMOC, but I haven't had any first-hand experience. Returning in the coming weeks.
    Oh, guess you don't have heirlooms (or, likely, RAF) then. Sadface.

Even so, dungeons give absolute boatloads of experience, and it's not like leveling via quests is hard in the first place.

at low lvls it really won't matter much. you could got as arms or fury if that was something you wanted.

These days lvling is exceptionally fast between questing and lfg while you wait, and even winning BG's (though that might actually be slower if you're only losing). Just make sure you're wearing the proper armor when trying to tank (really important), anyone can tank between lvls 15 and 48~ if everyone has a grasp of what's going on.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Armond
    Oh, guess you don't have heirlooms (or, likely, RAF) then. Sadface.

Even so, dungeons give absolute boatloads of experience, and it's not like leveling via quests is hard in the first place.
    I have a the shoulder heirloom, and I'll run hc's for the chest and sword when I get back

If you want to 100% tank and dont do any quest, any pvp and just dungeons go prot the thunderclap and revenge can help you abit at low lvl. If you want to do abit of questing then just spec arms and when you need to tank then defstance+tc+cleave is pretty much all you need. Just get used to being rage starved ALL THE TIME!!!!!

Go prot for instant queues. Leveling through LFD is comparable to questing.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    If you want to 100% tank and dont do any quest, any pvp and just dungeons go prot the thunderclap and revenge can help you abit at low lvl. If you want to do abit of questing then just spec arms and when you need to tank then defstance+tc+cleave is pretty much all you need. Just get used to being rage starved ALL THE TIME!!!!!
    A group of RL's and I are returning at the same time (post-exams). So we'll be LFG'ing all the way to 80.
    Cheers for the advice, I'll go 100% prot

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by superniall50
    I have a the shoulder heirloom, and I'll run hc's for the chest and sword when I get back
    Get the mace instead. It has agi for armor, dodge and crit and the sword has awfully placed stats. You could think of it as getting MORE stats from the mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Talandra
    Get the mace instead. It has agi for armor, dodge and crit and the sword has awfully placed stats. You could think of it as getting MORE stats from the mace.
    I HAVE been away a while >.<
    I didn't even think of that, thanks.