Style for Healing LK Heroic 10 man [INeedsHelp!]

So, I'm somewhat new to pally healing, I have a restore druid and Discipline priest - however, for the raid comp we have to go with a holy paly/disc priest.

We went in with about 10 attempts last week, and the first eight attempts I got kicked from the server due to addons failing. >.>, after turning off DXE Everything went a lot smoother.

After reviewing other LK 10 Heroic kills, I noticed that we seemed to be having a lot of peek damage at the beginning.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/oj8pw...?s=2999&e=3075

So much, that I as a holy pally (Only healing the tank and offtank) am getting well over 20-25k hps spikes.
    The discipline priest is doing an amazing job at keeping infest under control - that mechanic is virtually gone now that we have his epic bubbles. I'm just not sure if we are totally missing something for the tanks damage input to be so high. >.>

Secondly, I was wondering if you guys thought it was better to go FoL -gemming SP or Holy Light - gemming int. : It seemed like Holy light was the only way to go with so much tank damage, but i'm not sure if my 38k mana pool will outlast the beatings. I also need to find a good time to pop Divine Plea,(Phase Transition?!) + I need to know if it would be benificial for me to stand on LK and be judging wisdom with auto attack on while chain holy lighting the offtank with the beacon on the LK tank.

Any thoughts and comments would be very appreciated.
    Any one know why we are having so much damage on tanks towards the very beginning of the fight?

Thankks:]

Re: Style for Healing LK Heroic 10 man [INeedsHelp!]

Fol spam isn't an acceptable build. Shockadin is more viable.

When you can go ahead and take those swings at the boss, but don't expect to on p1 at all. Stacking there is a bad idea, for obvious reasons.

Plea when you can, as in trasnsitions or with other CDs. It's a long fight, you need the mana.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I'm sorry, Shockadin... isn't that a mix between dps and healing? lol...
    FoL Spam was THE ONLY way to keep tanks up, for some reason all the other heroic lk fights had about 10k dps in for tanks - ours was like 25k damage per second in. Somethings wrong, just can't place my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by trentaaron124
    I'm sorry, Shockadin... isn't that a mix between dps and healing? lol...
    FoL Spam was THE ONLY way to keep tanks up, for some reason all the other heroic lk fights had about 10k dps in for tanks - ours was like 25k damage per second in. Somethings wrong, just can't place my finger on it.
    uh what? I'm not experienced with heroic LK in 10 man, but I'm pretty sure I had hard time keeping my tank up in 10 LK norm by just using FoL spam. I did /dance macro when we had 13% on LK and the moment i did that the tank went down cuz of reaper + melee combo lol

FoL spam, with the mechanics in game right now, will never be viable in the face of Holy Light spam.

There's no need to go into why as it's documented countless times across nearly every major paladin forum out there.

Gem int and do your job to the fullest.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Meleeing the boss for mana is prefectly acceptable, but make sure you don't stay in the way for the players running with the plague! Stand on the other side of the boss (this might sound wrong depending on where you tank him, but I hope you know what I mean).

Use plea at the exact moment LK runs away from the MT to channel his "spell", and cancel it when the Raging spirits spawn if necessary. Once you get through the transition phase, you can pop Plea when ever you have to move out of defile, and get 2 ticks in. Pleaing when you are healing is bad, if you need to plea tell the tank to pop a cooldown, and you might wanna use Avenging Wrath, even though the effect of it gets halved. Judge whenever you can, but don't risk the tank dying by using that GCD. Use Divine Illumination everytime it's off CD (try to time it with Holy Light spams). Make sure to communicate with your priest so that you can pop Plea when he does Hymn for an increased effect but make sure to tell the tank that you are pleaing.

And no, FoL spec is NOT viable in a setup with only one holy paladin. And even if you did spec into FoL and regem to full SP, you would have even more mana issues! You would have to cast holy light anyway, because FoL is not enough for heroic modes.

I tried to heal LK 10 (heroic) yesterday and I had no issues in pleaing, really. Beacon the MT, spam Holy Lights on the OT, and it was even possible to flash to save mana sometimes.

I used Plea almost at cooldown, because I really was afraid of going OOM at phase 3. It turned to be impossible to heal because we had no enrage dispellers and our tank was losing some debuff stacks, so it would happen the he would get two instant shooted by adds.

With the 15% buff itsn't that hard to heal, but you still might have problems when your dispell priest is valk'd, and I belive that frostmourne room will be hard to heal while moving.

15+ Year Old Account

The reason you are probably seeing such high tank dmg in p1 is because there are 2 shambling horrors up and when they enrage they hit for 10billion I just give my tank hand of sac/divine sac when I can and it's much easier and I pretty much plea on cd, just make sure you have a trinket/2p t10/avenging wrath to use with it to negate some of the healing loss.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

The fight is long enough to to bubble sac during phase one if you get two enraged adds.

With 41k plus in raids I find that by end of phase 1 I am slightly under half of my mana and that is standing at range where I cannot get those melee swings in.

Timing CD's, and utilizing your oh so fabulous 50% mana cost talent cough cough at the right times really helps out alot.

When entering phase two be one of the first to run up to the boss and get a few swings in and heal from melee. Watch out for defile and remain aware and you should be fine with the occasional swing or two.

Usually I bubble sac when running to the edge of the throne during the second transition phase to assit with the raid healing.

All in all the fight WILL strain your mana more than any other previous fight so learn to time your CD's and melee accordingly.

There is also the druid innervate which we utilize on myself and the other holy pally in my 25 man guild and that helps greatly.

For starters I suggest you enchant your gear, get a proper meta gem and get rid of your spirit.

Would suggest you get a trinket with regernation or some sort of mana return instead of your SP one (if you can do 11/12 in ICC you can kill Algalon 10). Also, you're probably better off ignoring socket bonuses and getting some more intellect for regernation.
    Leveling your professions might help a fair bit, seeing as you have BS (it shows as 5 skill for me, could be a bug, but otherwise, get working, it's free stats wasted).
    Would suggest you pick up Lockjaw if that is possible, much better weapon.

Not that it is very valid for the early stages of the Lich King encounter, due to all the adds, but you are a lot better off with 3 points in Improved Righteous Fury for 6% damage reduction, rather than 4 points in Toughness.

As for healing, I suggest you start chaining your cooldowns, such as Talisman, Wings and 2 set bonus to ocunter some Divine Plea, which you should be using often. Lich King is a hard fight and you need to be able to spam Holy Light from the get go till the very end.

Flash of Light is a spell you only use if tanks are hardly taking damage (which they so far to my experience always do on Lich King heroic) to conserve mana, while still healing. You want a proper Holy Light spam build for keeping people alive. Make sure you keep Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield up, stating the obvious, but for fights with dual tank damage like this, it helps so much.

To sum it up: Helaing Lich King is heavy spam of Holy Light, and you need to be able to do that for about 15 minutes. Good luck.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&cn=Anessa

Deleted

Once Phase 2 starts you can melee your mana up to full in between Holy Light casts when the Soul Reaper and Defile timers allow it.

15+ Year Old Account

I was tanking the shambling horrors here yesterday, one thing i noticed about them is they are very unforgiving, one shambling below 20% that enrages = 100k swings easily on your tank, one shambling alone enraged is fine, but when you have two alive and they enrage the tank has to be smart about stunning and using their CD's, its a fairly long phase, by the end we got to the stage where we flipped him about 10 seconds after the last shambling spawned, then finally i offtanked it with 25 stacks of plague while everyone dps'ed the ragings

I'd probably recommend switching your warrior to the adds, his stuns would be able to control the enrages easier and im not completely sure but i think he may be able to dispell them with shield slam, cooldowns priority for when 2 enrage, the first one is just healable as long as he throws his stun if time allows, and if an add goes below 20% at any stage you have to make sure it dies asap, fact is your druid wont be able to survive some of the rng that your warrior will be able to, and make sure whoever tanking the LK is chaining CD's towards the end of the phase because as the plague stacks up the lich king's damage output increases by alot at the same time