Thread: Rogue AoE

Rogue AoE

So, my rogue will turn 80 today or tomorrow and i'm checking the info needed to get the most out of it.

The only thing i cant seem to find the updated info about is AoE, is FoK any good anymore? During trash, what ability's should i be using? Just a simple BF+KS?

Thanks in advance

Re: Rogue AoE

I usually spam 2x fok,, BF+KS -> again 2x knife -> 2x t10 tricks usage again fok and thats about it

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.

FoK + BF + AR is the highest AoE damage, if you want to squeeze everything possible out of it you can glyph FoK and swap to a slow OH with IP (or to two slow daggers) while FoKing. Pop KS while BF is active and you're waiting for energy for your next FoK.

Yes FoK is good on trash.. I've done up to 30K dps on trash in icc...

FoK without glyph should be used with 4 mobs or more
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

What about glyphed FoK? should i use it on 3 or more mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by archiel
    What about glyphed FoK? should i use it on 3 or more mobs?
    Yes, as Combat. As Mutilate not really worth it unless it's 4 mobs. (Reason is that such a huge part of Mutilate's damage comes from the Envenom-Buff.)

Great! Thank you guys for all the great info!

as mutilate I will FoK while attacking a target, as soon as it reaches 5 stacks (which is usually pretty fast) i will switch targets and repeat....
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    as mutilate I will FoK while attacking a target, as soon as it reaches 5 stacks (which is usually pretty fast) i will switch targets and repeat....
    until your poisons are stacked to 5?

dont forget that BF also makes FoK cleave, so BF ~> fan ~> fan ~> KS ~> fan ~> fan

ull see pretty high numbers from something of that nature, then tricks from ur 2pc t10 once u get it is also nice

Quote Originally Posted by archiel
    until your poisons are stacked to 5?
    yes, sorry i left that out... i stack deadly to 5 on 1 target and switch while FOK'ing.
    It's just a game.

yes, sorry i left that out... i stack deadly to 5 on 1 target and switch while FOK'ing.
    Less damage done, but the targets go down pretty much at the same time... meh. Wouldn't do it this way, tbh.

agreed with voij, you'll get more dps from deadly procs turning into instant on a 5 stacked target than you will stacking deadly on multiple mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    dont forget that BF also makes FoK cleave, so BF ~> fan ~> fan ~> KS ~> fan ~> fan

ull see pretty high numbers from something of that nature, then tricks from ur 2pc t10 once u get it is also nice
    15-18k dps on ICC trash if you do that.

<3 numbers flying on my screen.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Rayocell - BE Paladin (Holy/Prot)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Durashell - UD Rogue (Combat/Sub)

I personally like SnD->BF->Kspree then start my ARushFoK'ing... Good old 100k burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    FoK + BF + AR is the highest AoE damage, if you want to squeeze everything possible out of it you can glyph FoK and swap to a slow OH with IP (or to two slow daggers) while FoKing. Pop KS while BF is active and you're waiting for energy for your next FoK.
    Anyone else tried this and knows how much of a dps upgrade it is? I've got a heartpierce in my bags I don't use anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara
    Anyone else tried this and knows how much of a dps upgrade it is? I've got a heartpierce in my bags I don't use anymore
    if you want to napkin math the dps upgrade and get a rough idea, just take the difference in damage between the two weapons, multiply by .75, and that is how much more damage per FoK you'll see.

However, the actual dps change is significantly harder to calculate, because your single target damage on whatever your main target is will drop due to using 2 slow weapons, and no deadly poison.

In addition, calculating accurately how much dps you gain from IP vs DP with fok is impossible, because it is subjective to how long the mobs are up, and what kind of rng you get (does your deadly happen to stack quickly on the first burn target or one further down the line?). The important thing to know is slow/slow with IP/IP will be a dps gain for FoK spamming trash, if you care enough about your trash dps to switch. I did for a while, then I kept forgetting to switch back on bosses, so I said fuck it and stick with the normal setup at all times.

Deleted

After testing a slow ilevel 251 axe, a fast 251 dagger and a slow 264 dagger in my off hand while FOK spamming i conclude that heartpiece is slightly ahead in terms of aoe damage. (speaking of combat). I use a weapon swap macro attached to FOK to equip it too my off hand with deadly poison on if im in ICC because the trash lives for long enough.
    Also the Heartpiece proc can be nice to squeeze out extra FOK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn
    if you want to napkin math the dps upgrade and get a rough idea, just take the difference in damage between the two weapons, multiply by .75, and that is how much more damage per FoK you'll see.

However, the actual dps change is significantly harder to calculate, because your single target damage on whatever your main target is will drop due to using 2 slow weapons, and no deadly poison.

In addition, calculating accurately how much dps you gain from IP vs DP with fok is impossible, because it is subjective to how long the mobs are up, and what kind of rng you get (does your deadly happen to stack quickly on the first burn target or one further down the line?). The important thing to know is slow/slow with IP/IP will be a dps gain for FoK spamming trash, if you care enough about your trash dps to switch. I did for a while, then I kept forgetting to switch back on bosses, so I said fuck it and stick with the normal setup at all times.
    Aye I get that it's not easy to calculate the difference. Thing is I always raid with a RL friend of mine and we compete for top DPS every single fight, so I'm just trying to pump out as much dps as humanly possible

Thanks for the response though, helped me a lot.