My guess at the Deathwing raid encounter

With everything that has been datamined so far, I have a theory as to what the Deathwing fight will consist of.

Phase 1

Simple tank and spank with a stacking debuff. This phase will require 2 tanks and sees players attacking the human form of Deathwing as is indicated on artwork released by Blizzard.

Phase 2

A semi enrage if you will, with Deathwing assuming his dragon form and overpowering the raid momentarily. We are saved by Alexstrasza and her red dragonflight. During this encounter, Deathwing raises his children Nefarion and Onyixa from the grave and they are tanked apart from each other so as not to receive the Buff. Each "add" is tanked away from the raid and the classic abilities Breath and Shadow Flame return. Once we have defeated his two children once again. We then aid Alexstrasza in his defeat.

Phase 3

The raid focusses on Deathwing with Alexstrasza still doing the majority of tanking, but requiring more intervention from the players in the killing of key mobs to weaken Deathwing. Adds will spawn from time to time and will have to be tanked and killed as soon as possible. With her help, we are finally able to overcome Deathwing. Loot dragon.

I'm not saying it's 100% going to be like that. Hell not even 1%, but in my opinion, the fight should be grand and I personally can't wait for it.

Re: My guess at the Deathwing raid encounter

You want the lvl 60 or lvl 80 version of onyxia?

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Since they are now undead. A toned down lvl 80 version without the flight phases. Think more of the 4 horsemen from Naxx, in that tanks and the raid attacking each one will need to swap at some point to get rid of a debuff.

10+ Year Old Account

Deathwing throws his chin at the raid obliterating the raid.

the end
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

10+ Year Old Account

I like, but it's a bit to simple for my tastes. No offense meant, but if DW is the last boss of Clysm, then the fight will be epic.

My guess at the boss fight is here

Was the lich king fight already in the alpha-version of Wotlk? Me thinks not.
    So probably zombyxia will feature in a 5 man or early raid, NOT the deathwing encounter... (or its a setback from another setback) :

15+ Year Old Account

Due to his size, I suspect that fighting him in dragon form will involve vehicular
    combat.... which makes me a sad panda. I hate vehicular combat and vehicles in
    general, but Blizzard keeps shoving it down our throats.

You can always go with this one: phase 1 - left paw, phase 2 - right paw, phase 3 - torso, phase 4 -head