Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only one?

Hello everyone,

I've had alot of people telling me to use glyph of disease over glyph of scourge strike. I've tried it and I didn't like it at all. The ways my rotation seemed to fit was if I would just save one blood rune untill my diseases hit or refreshing it halfway through its duration. How do you guys do it?

Anyways, my motivation for sticking with glyph of scourge strike was cause the rotation fits perfectly. frost fever falls off, frost rune comes off cooldown, i use IT, blood plague falls off, unholy rune comes up, i use plague strike. runes take exactly 10 seconds to come back up, so with the 30 second diseases it just fits in 3 whole rotations perfectly.

as ppl usually have trouble understanding the point of posts, im just gonna underline it and make it big.
    Am I the only one prefering this glyph?
    (and yes, i know alot of ppl use the frost fever glyph, but please keep this out of the discussion, to avoid overcomplication)

EDIT: thx for your respondses, it somewhat helped. i might try disease again when i find the time, but im gonna stick with SS for pvp. no time to refresh diseases there:P

Re: Am I the only one?

Glyph of scourge strike is bad because re applying blood plague after it drops means that you don't get the rage of rivendare bonus for it.

Disease is good on mostly single target fights and fights where you would be pestilencing anyway because a single tott will keep your diseases buffed for as long as you can refresh them.

I'm assuming that you are talking about blood subspec with a non proc weapon, in which case I would advise against using glyph of scourge strike but also recommend running some sims anyway.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

yes i am blood subspec with reaping, i dont see how this makes glyph of scourge strike worse.
    btw, im wondering how pestilence is fit into the rotation.
    and 10% plague strike damage probably wont matter that much. plague strike is 3% of my actual damage, so 0.3% added damage.

ps. simulators are gay ^^ unless i do the math myself, i dont trust it.

It's not just plague strike, you lose the 10% damage increase for plague strike, blood plague and all of the wandering plague ticks that proc from your blood plague. And it's not about whether there is a significant damage loss, it's about whether there is one at all. If you just want to play with a setup you like that's fine but then don't come here asking for help and not expect to be flamed for it.

I may not understand the complexities of this, but you said "I tried it and i don't like it"... so why not just go back to doing what you did like? Seems simple enough.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

No need to get snappy Shiira
    the last blood plague tick should get the 10% increase, tho ur right about the last wandering plague tick. I try to get PS up before that wandering plague ticks (perfect timing is impossible sadly)

it is indeed a dps loss to PS with no blood plague active, but will the 10% plague strike damage make up for the potential damage loss of changing the entire glyph? thats why im sceptical.

one last thing, i wasnt asking for advice. i was asking wether ppl came to the same conclusion as i did.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    I may not understand the complexities of this, but you said "I tried it and i don't like it"... so why not just go back to doing what you did like? Seems simple enough.
    Im never gonna touch glyph of disease again, i know that for a fact. I was just sharing thoughts, wondering what ppl thought of it and how people did use pestilence properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    Im never gonna touch glyph of disease again, i know that for a fact. I was just sharing thoughts, wondering what ppl thought of it and how people did use pestilence properly.
    Your first pestilence will always be pretty wasteful and end up being used when the diseases still have a lot of time left. All of the rest of them should be used when they have one second left.

Yes, you are the only person who uses Glyph of Scourge Strike.

hey mate

İ think you should do what is good for you and what is the thing you like to do but if you want to discuss abour this issue that you are having

Personally i would go with the glypn of the disease couse there is no risk on it. İf i am not mistaken glyph of ss is chance on hit and the reason that i dont like is this you allready have too much to work with anyway....
    Eternal cooldows, rune recharges, runic powers, skill cooldowns ,procs from items set bonuses, potions, raid buffs such as bloodlust and the debuff durations. Between all those things and for min/max ing i dont like the risk couse if it did not apply since its chance on hit 1 of your ss wasted to just apply your dots on target and ss is important for unholy dk. İ would just use bloodrunes to keep dots on all the time and keep the buff up from bloodstrike. This is why i would go with the glyph of disease but thats just what i would do.

İ hope this is helpfull for you

Most people want to maximize their dps, so while you're probably not the only one using it, essentially asking for confirmation that you're justified in doing so is a bit misplaced.

If you're fine with that, go nuts. Personally, I'd look into WHY my rotation fits in perfectly with non-ideal glyph set up and then try to change it to maximize my damage rather than wondering if other people enjoy doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    yes i am blood subspec with reaping, i dont see how this makes glyph of scourge strike worse.
    btw, im wondering how pestilence is fit into the rotation.
    and 10% plague strike damage probably wont matter that much. plague strike is 3% of my actual damage, so 0.3% added damage.

ps. simulators are gay ^^ unless i do the math myself, i dont trust it.
    As unholy, don't use GoD or GoSS.

You're sub-blood with reaping.

Your maximized rotation should be
    IT – PS – BS – BS – SS – DC – HoW – SS – DC – SS – SS – DC – (DC)

Your glyphs should be

Glyph of the Ghoul
    Glyph of Dark Death
    Glyph of Icy Touch

It's what worked best for me when used this spec before getting a proc-weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

If the shoe (rotation) fits, wear it.

But don't complain when someone wearing size 12 shoes steps on your size 7 toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    If the shoe (rotation) fits, wear it.

But don't complain when someone wearing size 12 shoes steps on your size 7 toes.
    So very true!

Also, how are you liking my signature? (Just had to say that) >.>"
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by goko04
    hey mate

İ think you should do what is good for you and what is the thing you like to do but if you want to discuss abour this issue that you are having

Personally i would go with the glypn of the disease couse there is no risk on it. İf i am not mistaken glyph of ss is chance on hit and the reason that i dont like is this you allready have too much to work with anyway....
    Eternal cooldows, rune recharges, runic powers, skill cooldowns ,procs from items set bonuses, potions, raid buffs such as bloodlust and the debuff durations. Between all those things and for min/max ing i dont like the risk couse if it did not apply since its chance on hit 1 of your ss wasted to just apply your dots on target and ss is important for unholy dk. İ would just use bloodrunes to keep dots on all the time and keep the buff up from bloodstrike. This is why i would go with the glyph of disease but thats just what i would do.

İ hope this is helpfull for you
    I don't use pestilence for the reason u've given not to use SS. i had no clue where to fit pestilence in the rotation to make it work, and to avoid making it alot harder for myself, i use SS. it will automaticly increase the duration of your diseases and you dont have to look at it, ever. i already knew GoD is better, otherwise EJ would tell you to use GoSS. was just trying to find out how rare GoSS is and how GoD was used. i wasnt asking for EJ's copy pasters cause im kinda sick of that thx for your responds