Poll: Would you like to see Hot streak use FFB?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

hot streak + FFB?

Jw, seems like a really good idea in my head just wanted to see others ideas of it or how it wouldnt work.

Re: hot streak + FFB?

This post makes absolutely no sense.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes to the idea of adding a different type of damage to Fire dps, but No to moving it into Hot Streak. If people have the choice of an instant Pyroblast or an instant Frostfire Bolt they would choose Pyroblast.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

Micke

plus also that FFB procs hot streak itself, which makes it...weird

FFB build where you just continuously spam FFB.... no thanks, one of the things I love about fire is that you have to hit multiple hotkeys. I'd roll frost if I just wanted to hit one button continuously.

Btw, to all the jackasses out here insulting the guy, hot streak is the instant pyro you get from 2 crits in a row.

He is suggesting that the proc be for FFB

thats about as useful as adding a proc that made fire blast have a cast time
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

15+ Year Old Account

Bolt of frostfire? Or a massive ball of flame? Generally the latter is more devastating. Cooler, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor
    Btw, to all the jackasses out here insulting the guy, hot streak is the instant pyro you get from 2 crits in a row.

I don't know if that was directed to me or the 2nd poster, but I do know what HS is and since it is still a pivotal part of a FFB build, I think it would detract from the inherit fun of a fire build, which necessitates the use of multiple spells in a priority rotation. I don't think changing the rotation to just LB refresh+Scorch refresh+Spam FFB would make it any better. If this were implemented, I would definitely be annoyed that the only truly interesting spec we have got dumbed down. Just my 2 cents.

Also thinking that for a FB+TtW build it would probably be a dps loss to use FFB in lieu of a Pyro to consume HS proc, but I have no math to support that.

Micke

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor

pretty sure you're the jackass

Quote Originally Posted by Zeulyst
    Jw, seems like a really good idea in my head just wanted to see others ideas of it or how it wouldnt work.
    It would only be a "good" idea for TTW/Fire builds. FFB crits can put up a Hot Streak counter, so for an FFB build, spamming FFB to get an instant cast FFB after 2 crits in a row would be rather silly and boring. For a TTW/Fire build, using FFB instead of Pyroblast would be a DPS loss since you are missing out on the +crit modifiers from the frost tree.

Now for Cataclysm, we can't tell if this is a good idea because we don't know what the talent trees will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    i lol'

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanefodder
    This post makes absolutely no sense and the OP should feel bad for making this topic.
    fix'd
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png

Quote Originally Posted by cooespooh
    Bolt of frostfire? Or a massive BOULDER of flame? Generally the latter is more devastating. Cooler, too.
    Tooltips ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    I like you.

Hot streak + FFB = shooting water. Triggering a hot streak will activate a buff called "squirt", take for that what you will, but warm water is generally what you get when you shoot ice engulfed in fire :P, either that or steam... OH SH-

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus
    FFB build where you just continuously spam FFB.... no thanks, one of the things I love about fire is that you have to hit multiple hotkeys. I'd roll frost if I just wanted to hit one button continuously.
    Frost is for PvP, dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Fcpremix
    Frost is for PvP, dumbass
    lolwut? arcane and fire have viable pvp specs as well, guess we can't pve at all.

frost is OP in pvp and therefore devs are tentative about buffing it for pve. doesn't mean you can't (or should) go pve frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus
    lolwut? arcane and fire have viable pvp specs as well, guess we can't pve at all.
    I respectfully disagree.

The deciding factor for any PVP is WHEN to burst a target. Frost can bide its time and handle other classes better then arcane or fire. Other mage specs are forced to turtle while a frost mage can snare and control. (less turtle = more pressure)

I'm no glad, or top PVP player, but I do know that waiting out a cooldown to do more burst damage does do wonders.

anything you could do as a fire mage, frost can do it better, with less RNG and more precise burst. Sub rogues eat fire mages alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME