Poll: Which mmos will you definitely try?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Upcoming MMOs

10+ Year Old Account

Upcoming MMOs

lets see

Re: Upcoming MMOs

Woot first 5 lol. Going to try all those mmos because they look promising. Tried other beta mmos like mortal online and stuff like that but nothing really compares to those 4 right now

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melarix
    Woot first 5 lol. Going to try all those mmos because they look promising. Tried other beta mmos like mortal online and stuff like that but nothing really compares to those 4 right now
    lol i tried mortal online as well....
    it seems like first person rpg is not my thing.
    especially when you're melee =P

Star Wars and ofc Cata.The others are not interesting.Squere failed once with the first FF online.And from the gameplay vids and such as i saw,it was something special or killer.sooo i will stay with those two
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    Star Wars and ofc Cata.The others are not interesting.Squere failed once with the first FF online.And from the gameplay vids and such as i saw,it was something special or killer.sooo i will stay with those two
    FFXI was actually a lot better game than Wow in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho
    FFXI was actually a lot better game than Wow in every aspect.
    then why people didnt play it hmm??from as many people that i ahve asked and looked at forums at the net,FF online was fail...not as fail as star wars galaxies but still it was not good.
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    then why people didnt play it hmm??from as many people that i ahve asked and looked at forums at the net,FF online was fail...not as fail as star wars galaxies but still it was not good.
    Bad marketing. And besides hearsay, such as "I read on many forums" or "I heard from friends", has never been a valid argument.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...finalfantasyxi

As you can see from metacritic some critics actually loved the game and many of the "bad ratings" were reviewed something like 3-4 years after the release of the game.

And the user score for FFXI in metascore is a lot higher than WoW's.

And besides, Final Fantasy XI was selling good and had a good player base, just not compared to World of Warcraft which probably became so popular because of the game card syste that allowed every 12-year-old to buy it because they didn't have to beg for their parents to pay for their game time on credit card.

Also, Final Fantasy XI is older than WoW.

Edit:

Since we're judging games by forum hearsay, World of Warcraft forums are full of whineposts, posts about how WoW is rotting and shitty and going worse every day. Also full of posts how every class is OP or imbalanced. Doesn't sound too good game to me.

Only MMO I'm looking forward to right now is Star Wars. Not that I'm particularly fanboi anymore, ever since I saw Episode I I kind of lost interest. But the MMO sounds, and looks, promising so I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

I also voted Cataclysm even though I'm not entirely sure I will buy it. Blizzard are always drawing up huge plans and is always making it sound fantastic but in the end it's just another expansion with the same kind of cookie cutter stuff we've seen in WotLK.

Star wars mmo looks so awesome ;D ;D

Gonna try all those + APB(NVM, it sucks), NFS world and Earthrise.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

I'm still waiting for details on the Warhammer 40K MMO.
    They better let you play as a Chaos Space Marine.

Cataclysm and Warhammer 40k MMO

40k and cataclysm here as well.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

Swtor, Cataclysm, FFXIV, maybe 40K

Wild Warrior uses Shattering Throw..... Its SUPER effective.

SWTOR, Cata, and going to give TERA a shot.

Guild wars 2 has definitely sparked my interest by I will definitely stand by WoW :